Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > R Chassis

R Chassis Technical discussion related to the R Chassis such as the R31, R32, R33, R34, and R35.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:52 AM   #1
Rbenede1

Trader Rating: (0)
Rbenede1 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible Skyline R32 purchase Need Help!!!

First off hello everyone this is my first post on here. I need some advice on this skyline that I found for sale. Its a 1991 R32 GTS with 113,000 kilometers on it (70k miles). The guy selling,it imported it and is the only owner in the states. He daily drives it now and has drifted it a couple times. Has a few mods on it, mostly suspension and other drift mods. Its completely rust free. I could get the car for $7500 which works for me, but I was wondering,if anyone could help me out and tell me if this is a good purchase?
Rbenede1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds good to me!
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenede1 View Post
I could get the car for $7500 which works for me,
Hi, I think you just answered your own question.
You should double check if the car was imported legally and not just take this guys word for it. Too much misinformation floating around now adays,
ie "Yeah i imported it before it was 25 years old, but now that its 25 years old its federally legal"
Just do your due diligence, you say the car is completely rust free, thoroughly check where the b pillars are, the bottom of that area and also the trunk. Other common areas are the A pillars (where the bottom of the windshield is, underneath is hard to check, but alot of cars have this issue, strut towers, gas lid quarter panel area.
Either way welcome to the community, GTS's are pretty cool cars.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
Hi, I think you just answered your own question.
You should double check if the car was imported legally and not just take this guys word for it. Too much misinformation floating around now adays,
ie "Yeah i imported it before it was 25 years old, but now that its 25 years old its federally legal"
Just do your due diligence, you say the car is completely rust free, thoroughly check where the b pillars are, the bottom of that area and also the trunk. Other common areas are the A pillars (where the bottom of the windshield is, underneath is hard to check, but alot of cars have this issue, strut towers, gas lid quarter panel area.
Either way welcome to the community, GTS's are pretty cool cars.
Good shit!! See why can't everyone be informative like this guy and not be a dick like 90% of the other members on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote