Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
Dynamaxx19

Trader Rating: (0)
Dynamaxx19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 90 nissan 240sx with a ka24de engine and manual transmission swap

I have a 1990 nissan 240sx with what i think is a 91 nissan 240sx ka24de with a distributor with a number on it of "t2t52871". They did a ecu swap and capped off the EGR system. I have the timing as good as I can get it and checked for vacuum leaks. I put new plugs and new cap and rotor button on it. The car will not idle it just drops and then does like a 2 second diesel action. Also I can not hold the throttle at any position and get it to stay at any rpm.
If I turn the lights on or hit the brake the car wants to die even more. I have check the IACV and it looks clean and I tried to pull the plugs off of it and it made no difference. Also with the TPS unplugged it made no difference. If I unplug the MAF sensor it seems to idle better but then has no power. To keep it going I have to feather the throttle at all times. I am very tired of driving it heel toe style everywhere even when I stop at a red light or traffic. Any advice?
Could it be a sensor ? or distributor?
Dynamaxx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links