Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
chipsahoy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
chipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey I'm trying to figure out what rb25det I have.

Now I bought a rb25det awd, I was told it was a neo and that it came out of a nissan stagea. but it has alot of s1/s2 stuff on it. I.E. the injectors (black plug), vtc. (black plug) and o2 sensor (grey plug). but has the Hitachi (black plastic) CAS. This is the serial (engine) number RB 250165a located on the rear exhaust side of the block. I've searched and searched. Need some fellow input from people with actually experience with rb25det's neo and non neo.

P.S. I've also heard there is such a thing as a series 3? with is a series 2 but with a neo exhaust cam and timing covers

Last edited by chipsahoy; 01-09-2018 at 06:12 PM..
chipsahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
chipsahoy
Leaky Injector

chipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymorechipsahoy is not welcome here anymore
Buuuuuuuump*
Old 01-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #3
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what you got there it the super rare rb25 S3.1416. Said to have been built by the drift gods themselves, this longblock is capable of a gazillion donkey power with basic bolt ons.
Listen, I dont know where you got that engine from or how much you paid for it, but you don't have to rub it on our faces...
Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #4
chipsahoy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
what you got there it the super rare rb25 S3.1416. Said to have been built by the drift gods themselves, this longblock is capable of a gazillion donkey power with basic bolt ons.
Listen, I dont know where you got that engine from or how much you paid for it, but you don't have to rub it on our faces...
Are you sure? I figured it was one of the rare s3, it is a awd version, I got the engine from a local jdm engine importer in atlanta with a rb20det manual trans for a really good deal $2200. I don't mean to rub it in anyone's face.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:32 PM   #5
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
http://forums.nicoclub.com/whats-the...s-t185996.html

Just wanna double check you found this, good info here.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
chipsahoy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
http://forums.nicoclub.com/whats-the...s-t185996.html

Just wanna double check you found this, good info here.
thank you. I just read through it. I'm pretty sure I have the series "3". everything looks series 2 but the cas. it is the black Hitachi one. plastic cover