Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:17 AM   #1
DixonS13

Trader Rating: (0)
DixonS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Running Lean After Charcoal Canister Delete S13

Today I deleted my charcoal canister in preparation for my KA-T build. The only other "emission" related thing that has been deleted on this motor is the PAIR valve. The EGR and such is still on the motor. I have a wideband and that is now showing my engine as running very lean compared to before I deleted the charcoal canister. At idle I'm at about 17 and under load it shows about 15. Its possible that it isn't running quite that lean because there is a small exhaust leak in front of the wideband sensor however it is definitely much more lean than before.
What I did when I deleted my charcoal canister:
-Removed all 4 lines from the canister
-Plugged the two lines going to the intake
-Left the big hose on the bottom alone (I believe this was just a vent. Correct me if I'm wrong)
-Removed the check valve and vented the gas tank straight to the atmosphere
I searched and searched but I couldn't find anybody else suffering from this problem. My best guess would be that it has something to do with the charcoal canister not being able to work with the EGR anymore. (I believe these systems are connected however I may be wrong.) If anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong please let me know. At this point I am lost. Thank you.
DixonS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jacob Butler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How does your car idle? My charcoal canister is also deleted and I still have egr and my car doesn't run very good either.
Jacob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote