Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
TAMTANIUM
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
TAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rocker Arm Stopper Install - How-To

Here is the rocker arm stopper kits that I'm going to use in this write up.

Tools that we will be using to install the rocker arm stopper.

- 10mm socket
- Ratchet
- Extension
- Flat head screw driver
- Pliers
- Gloves and you are ready to start.

Step 1: Here is a picture map of where to use the right tool for the job.

Red: 10mm socket and ratchet
Blue: Flat head screw driver
Green: Pliers

Start unbolts all the bolts around the valve cover.

Unbolts all four of the coil packs bolts out and then pull them out.

After all the bolts around the valve cover removed, pull all the hoses off that attached to the valve cover. Then you are ready to take off the valve cover.

Next, remove all the bolts that are marked red with a 10mm socket.

Before placing the rocker arm on, please check to make sure that you are putting the right one on the right side. The rocker arm stopper that have rectangular cut on the side is for the intake side (left) from standing in front of the engine. The one that does not have any cut on the side is for the exhaust side. Check out the picture below.

There will be one small metal piece that will be included with the rocker arm stopper. Note: I am not sure if all rocker arm stopper kits come with it or not.

Noticed how the exhaust side has the rectangular cut and the other one does not? Then make sure you tighten all the bolts down in a pattern.
Here is a good link to do that that I found

http://www.vadriven.com/eng/RAS_instructions_back.png

Intake Side

Exhaust Side

After that, you are finish installing the rocker arm stopper. Now just put the valve cover back on (you can use some orange gasket maker to improve secure tighten of the valve cover. Just rub on some on the back of the valve cover gasket) Then tight down all the bolts of the valve cover, also need to be done in a pattern. (Please don’t over tighten the valve cover bolts, hand tight is good.)
http://www.vadriven.com/eng/RAS_instructions_back.png

Connect all the hoses back on and secure them. Then you are done installing the rocker arm stopper. I hope this write up helped you installed the rocker arm stopper without the pain of trying to figuring out how to do it without the instructions.

- Tam N.
TAMTANIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
BRAVO! Very well put together.

BTW. You are missing a gasket on coil #1

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:19 AM   #3
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Approved.

Excellent work. Let's get that .png hosted somewhere else and that should be perfect.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I reccomend loosening and removing the Chain tensioner and setting the motor to TDC before loosening the cam caps, just as extra precaution for any tension in the cams/timing chain could cause issues. It gets worse with larger lift camshafts.

overall great job though!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
I'll host it. Hit me on AIM, or email.

[email protected]
RPSportJohn
Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
TAMTANIUM
Zilvia FREAK!

TAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the rough
Hold on guys. What Steve said is very true. Let me try to find a picture of TDC and post it up or if anyone have one please post it up also.

Thanks,

Tam
Old 03-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Are those the ones that Phase 2 makes?

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #8
TAMTANIUM
Zilvia FREAK!

They're TC Sportline but I don't know who manufactured for them.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Let me know when this is done, plz.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #10
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
how tight should everything be?
Torque specs would rule.

I suppose I could look thu the FSM, but it's be SOOOO much more convenient if they were included here.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #11
TAMTANIUM
Zilvia FREAK!

Yoshi..the tq specs link is in there. I guess you didn't even bother reading my guide!!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #12
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMTANIUM
Before placing the rocker arm on, please check to make sure that you are putting the right one on the right side. The rocker arm stopper that have rectangular cut on the side is for the intake side (left) from standing in front of the engine. The one that does not have any cut on the side is for the exhaust side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMTANIUM

Noticed how the exhaust side has the rectangular cut and the other one does not? Then make sure you tighten all the bolts down in a pattern.
? ? ?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMTANIUM View Post
Yoshi..the tq specs link is in there. I guess you didn't even bother reading my guide!!!!!
DOH! I failed at the internet again!
I just thought it was a torque pattern, not a FSM page scan LOL!
My bad.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote