Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
Brandon240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Brandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto -> 5 speed Wiring Problem

Using the auto harness for a manual tranny swap. The speed sensor works, but the reverse light switch does not. I’m thinking I wired it to the wrong wires. Can anyone identify which wires are the correct ones that need to be spliced with the switch?
Brandon240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
SoCal_S13_Hatch
Leaky Injector

SoCal_S13_Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
I never bother to fix mine. Lol
SoCal_S13_Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:41 AM   #3
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Why did you start a new thread for this? You already have an open thread for this problem. You should be posting there. Furthermore the links that I posted onto your previous thread show you how to wire up the transmission for the reverse lights. Did you follow the guide?

Got $125? Buy a manual lower harness, plug it in, done.

https://www.wiringspecialties.com/s13katrha.html
Old 04-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #4
Brandon240sx
Zilvia Member

Brandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choices
I didn’t even realize I opened a second thread on this, this one was older than the other one but I’m gonna try following that guide and doing it today
Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #5
flartius
Leaky Injector

flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Awesome, let us know how it goes.

Not trying to be a dick, I hate when I ask stupid questions because I'm lost and zilvia lights me up; but two threads for one problem...
Old 04-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #6
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Just did this on a coupe i bought that the previous owner 5spd swapped but didnt wire up the reverse lights. Took me all of 10 minutes to fix, and most of that was finding my heat shrink.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #7
Brandon240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flartius View Post
Awesome, let us know how it goes.

Not trying to be a dick, I hate when I ask stupid questions because I'm lost and zilvia lights me up; but two threads for one problem...

Will do and Yes I know, I hate seeing people open multiple threads on the same thing lmao you’re not being a dick I didn’t even realize I did that until you said something
Old 04-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #8
Brandon240sx
Zilvia Member

Well.. it took me less than a minute to wire up the switch the first time, and I had it all right... I had it wired up correctly and it was all ready to go. My problem which took me a little while to figure out was the brand new switch I picked up, wasn’t working. Kinda figured I’d be better off just replacing the switch since it was so cheap but I guess if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Tested my old switch and it works fine so gonna be installing that and I’m good to go.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:23 AM   #9
flartius
Leaky Injector

Awesome, glad you figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk