Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Beaupro44

Trader Rating: (0)
Beaupro44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Slamming need help insight

OKay guys i am going to be slamming my s13 and need to get rid of the harness in the wheel wells. I am just looking to relocate them or get them out of way some how. Anyone done this i am sure there is a crap ton of people who have. Also i took the fender off the driver side today and snapped the two bolts that are on the ground side by the door what do you suggest i do to them. I am not trying to half ass this issues. I am glad i cought the wiring harness when i did because three wires were shredded. The big white one i have no idea what its for. The purple one which i think is for the radio. There is also a blue one that got shredded. Thanks for who ever gives a hand its much needed i am not trying to half ass this project and would just like some insight.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
RyanS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
RyanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaupro44 View Post
OKay guys i am going to be slamming my s13 and need to get rid of the harness in the wheel wells. I am just looking to relocate them or get them out of way some how. Anyone done this i am sure there is a crap ton of people who have. Also i took the fender off the driver side today and snapped the two bolts that are on the ground side by the door what do you suggest i do to them. I am not trying to half ass this issues. I am glad i cought the wiring harness when i did because three wires were shredded. The big white one i have no idea what its for. The purple one which i think is for the radio. There is also a blue one that got shredded. Thanks for who ever gives a hand its much needed i am not trying to half ass this project and would just like some insight.

This shit has been talked about sooooo many times. All you had to do was search.

Pull the fender off, bend the metal lip down, push the wire up, zip tie it there, and hit it with a hammer to flatten it out more, & put the fender back on.

Get some self tapping metal screws to hold the bottom of the fender under the car where the screws broke.

Shits easy. Search next time and find the answers.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Beaupro44

sorry man i am new at this whole forms thing trying to work out the kinks. i did try searching
tho and i got a bunch of random stuff came up so i thought there was deleting of them. Thanks alot tho i can start to add to my list of things to do
Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is just the way our society is going. I guess! relocating a wire harness yielded, information you had to read, but you couldn't figure out what would work for you. even though you said i quote.
Quote:
I am just looking to relocate them or get them out of way some how.
Quote:
Thanks for who ever gives a hand its much needed i am not trying to half ass this project and would just like some insight.
There are what, like two ways to do this, and 2 places to put the harness.
what's with the warning after the stooges movie, anyway! That blew my mind!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Pay someone to do it for you.

/thread.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Pay someone to do it for you.

/thread.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Search wheel well wire tuck. Mods lock this up, its been posted a 1000 times, people just need to stop being lazy
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Since i feel like being nice here you go.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/407974-tuck...ucking+harness
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
Beaupro44

Thanks man that was all i was looking for i may have went about it the wrong way sorry! All i needed was a direction.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Or you can unplug the harness from behind the dash and re-route the whole loom thru the engine bay.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Beaupro44

s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Or you can unplug the harness from behind the dash and re-route the whole loom thru the engine bay.
Do you know how many plugs there are about and where they are all at because i know how to take the dash out that's easy but wiring is one thing i sux at.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You dont have to pull the dash out. I popped all the trim under the dash, kick panel, steering collum, gauge cluster out. Followed all the wiring and disconnected them as I go.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote