Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #1
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Loosing Oil

For some reason I keep loosing almost a qt of oil every other wk in my SR. I got no leaks, any suggestion wut it could be? I dont smoke so not sure if im burning oil. Did a compression check and checked out at roughly 140 across. Coolant looked okay, dont see oil in it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2005, 01:31 AM   #2
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
lose Pronunciation Key (lz)
v. lost, (lôst, lst) los·ing, los·es
v. tr.

1. To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys.
1. To be deprived of (something one has had): lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job.
2. To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: lost his wife.
3. To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients.
3. To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind.

Just fucking with you, haha.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what type of oil are you running...

your turbo is probably *evaporating* it.
Chrischeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my guess is 1 if you are runnign hard you will burn some and 2 your turbo seals may be going out
Old 10-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #5
CarloSR
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
CarloSR is making a name for him/her selfCarloSR is making a name for him/her selfCarloSR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head
my guess is 1 if you are runnign hard
You're wrong sir.
CarloSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #6
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
can you smell burning oil from anywhere? esp. like where the head suggested, by the turbo?
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:51 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
GT2871R, seals on that shiet cant be blown already *god i hope not* Running synthetic 10-30 since it hasnt been too hot lately. Wut i dont get is, it dont seem like im burning it but yet im LOSING *thanks akademik you ass wipe* so much damn oil. My bumper dont look like its picking up oil, it used to get dark when my stock turbo was blown.

Im stressing cuz im thinking im getting lots of blowby *even tho im not smoking* With just a decent 140 compression across the board, its not really the healthiest compression for an SR but its good enough still *i know the minimum is roughly 125* Im worried that me losing oil, the engine is hinting that the rings are bout to go pooof. If it is, then time to either get another bottom end or a rebuild.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #8
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This same thing happened on mine and it ment that the rings were going. Sure enough about a month later,boom. i had blown a piston
Old 10-13-2005, 12:05 AM   #9
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Gee thanks...imma start my top ramen diet now so i can save up for another block and headgasket.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:29 AM   #10
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If its just the rings than it isn't that hard to replace. You can do it in a weekend.Well i did. Don't let my story scare you it was mostly driver error which caused it to break but i did have bad oil consumption before it happened to blew up on me.