Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:52 AM   #151
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by run-matsuo View Post
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE

You hit yours out of the park though.
Thank you sir!!!!!
Old 08-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #152
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Got the motor installed. Just have to plug in the harness and double and triple check everything.

Also scored a really good deal on Kouki aero for the S13.

Need to sell off all my extra stuff laying around then I can order some new stuff for the S13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #153
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Excellent progress good sir!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:24 AM   #154
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Yes. Very good come up!
Old 08-28-2018, 09:29 AM   #155
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Crushes shell to break need to build another 240sx.
Buys another 240sx to build.

Kk.
Neat r32 though.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #156
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Got the motor installed. Just have to plug in the harness and double and triple check everything.

Quote:

Also scored a really good deal on Kouki aero for the S13.
I like where this is going

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:22 AM   #157
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Late To The Party By A Whole Generation

SuperD…..what an experience. Since FB2, I haven’t went to a large event to drive, just to spectate. Life has taken priority over the last couple of years. But for this event, I registered out of the blue without any real plans.

Prior to leaving, I was chasing down lots of issues. Fluid leaks, swapping back to the S13 subframe, and overall motor installation things. By the time I loaded up the car for SuperD, my power steering wasn’t working, clutch/transmission wasn’t working, and the car was breaking up under Boost.

Harris and I drove from my work to Memphis this first night then to Chicago the next day. Got to Chicago and got dinner with Simba. After dinner, I picked up Kayla and we crashed for the night. The next day, we headed to Shawano with Josh (Revgasm) and Damon (COB).

Got to the track and unloaded the cars. The winch on the trailer makes loading and unloading easier but a little more time consuming. It’s defiantly safer in my opinion so I’m happy with the install. Started up the car and it would big and die. Found out that the capped vacuum lines on the throttle body were open and causing the issues.

Saturday, I knew I would have to drop the transmission and figure out what was wrong. Harris was the MVP as he not only helped me with my car but also Josh with his car. I tried to bring as many spare parts as I could for this trip which included 4 tie rods, 2 transmissions, 1 S15 Turbo, full gasket set and enough fluids to finish any job.

After getting the car running, I tried to take it out but still having Boost cut out. Kind of just chilled out on Saturday since we thought it was the Maf or coilpacks.

Sunday, we check both of those things but they were ok. Top 32 started but drivers were having issues so the ladder wasn’t filling out like they wanted to. Brandon Strong broke his transmission before top 32 so I was told to get my car running just in case I needed to fill the spot. I didn’t get to qualify on Saturday since I was trying to fix issues.

Luckily, Brandon got his car running just in time but I also fixed mine. The wastegate vacuum line was the issue so after fixing it, the car ran with no issues.

After the competition, I finally got to drive my car with no issues and it felt great! Stock motor with stock power, stock knuckles, and 4.6 diff. It has been 1.5 years since I’ve drifted and it came back like riding a bike.

I got to take Josh, Billy, and Julian out for a ride and I let Julian drive my car so that he could get a feel for the car and develop some knuckles for the R32. Tried to chase down Julian, simba, ilia and Jason but those dudes are fast. Got to tandem with Jason which was great and he tapped him when he was chasing which is cool.

SuperD was a success in my eyes. As Harris said, “I showed up with a paperweight and left with a Ferrari”. The love and support from all my friends continually reminds me why we waste time and money on these cars. Friendship is first, drifting is a bonus.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #158
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well said Jimmy! Great hanging out with you and all the guys again. I wish I was able to stick around late Sunday and see you drive. Next year!
Old 09-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #159
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Wow the car looks amazing. Did someone quick detail it or something?

Great hanging out as always man- very glad you got to drive and enjoy the car by the end of Sunday!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #160
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Well said Jimmy! Great hanging out with you and all the guys again. I wish I was able to stick around late Sunday and see you drive. Next year!
next year we will drive together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

Great hanging out as always man- very glad you got to drive and enjoy the car by the end of Sunday!
lol Thanks Dad!!!
Old 09-27-2018, 06:26 PM   #161
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Friendship is first, drifting is a bonus.
QFT

Old 10-03-2018, 04:48 AM   #162
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
The car looked great, and I'm glad to hear that you got things sorted in order for you to drive.

I seriously can't wait to see this thing in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
A man of many talents HAHA

Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #163
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Late To The Party By A Whole Generation

Went to wekfest this weekend. A friend of mine signed me up with my email when I thought he was sending me PayPal after asking for my email.

The night before, Mayday Garage (local Houston group) hosts a premeet. It’s always the best thing about wekfest or any other big car show.

This year’s premeet was at a new location and the cops shut us down early due to the amount of people. They were starting to tow and issue tickets so I dip out.

Got to the show and staged for Mayday Garage. One of the members asked me to represent them in the show as their “top picks”.

I actually got “Nissan Of The Festival” for the show. That was pretty cool and not bad for a wrecked drift car when there were R35’s in the show lol

Drifting this weekend at Club Loose Texas so that will be nice to get better with the SR in the car.

Last edited by JIMB0; 10-19-2018 at 05:34 AM..
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #164
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

The Top 32. Well deserved sir- congrats!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 10-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #165
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
the cops shit us down

congrats jibby!
Old 10-18-2018, 04:47 PM   #166
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn, your car is so good!

Ditched the trunk wing?
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:35 AM   #167
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post

congrats jibby!
fixed and thanks LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
Damn, your car is so good!

Ditched the trunk wing?
Thanks you!!

Truck wing got ripped off while we drove back from SuperD. Went through some bad weather and it was gone when we stopped for gas lol

Picked up a new one yesterday.

Last edited by JIMB0; 10-19-2018 at 06:51 AM..
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #168
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I should of went to SuperD. I drove pass while trailering my s13 home.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #169
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Quote:
Truck wing got ripped off while we drove back from SuperD. Went through some bad weather and it was gone when we stopped for gas lol

Picked up a new one yesterday.
Oh shit, that's wild, haha.

Super D looked rad.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:32 AM   #170
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

would be even easier to beat R35 showcars with a big shiny intercooler to fill the void in that bumper
Old 10-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #171
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
would be even easier to beat R35 showcars with a big shiny intercooler to fill the void in that bumper
I like the HMIC....front mount would be cool too
Old 10-19-2018, 08:01 AM   #172
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Badass pic and congrats on the award!
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:03 AM   #173
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Badass pic and congrats on the award!
Thank you!
Old 10-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #174
BOXCAR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
BOXCAR is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ragz 2 richez
BOXCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:17 AM   #175
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I never knew the history behind your white car! It was pretty rad for him to give it to you after all those years of asking about it.

Also this picture is rad.
Quote:
Swapped in the SR and took a cool picture.
Also your red car is super cool.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #176
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

So the weekend after Wekfest was Club Loose Texas in San Antonio. I’ve been trying to get to one of these events since they started but just never worked out until now.

Probably the best driving event I’ve had since before the crash. Defiantly hooked on driving this car and changing nothing.

More videos of actual driving on my Instagram.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #177
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Hyped that you're getting to really enjoy your car, after all of the hard work you've put into it.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #178
x Kouki

x Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

After the competition, I finally got to drive my car with no issues and it felt great! Stock motor with stock power, stock knuckles, and 4.6 diff. It has been 1.5 years since I’ve drifted and it came back like riding a bike.

I felt this. My kouki has been down for roughly a year and a half and I have had trouble finding the motivation to finish it. All wiring problems which are not my forte lol. Haven't driven an event in forever. Thanks for giving me some more motivation to finish one of my lawn ornaments, haha. The R32 is dope.
x Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:45 AM   #179
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

So after the Club Loose event, I drove an event at the local Police Academy. They have a small road course for training purposes that is available for the public to rent. I went by myself which was a weird feeling to go drifting alone.

The next day, we got to drive on a local kart track. There was 4 of us for the whole day and the track was awesome. I’m not sure they will ever let us drive again but it was awesome to have done it one. We shared the track with grip drivers. 10 minute heats, every 10 mins. So grip drivers for 10 mins then we drifted for 10 mins. It was so nice!!

I can link some videos if people are interested in seeing the track.

I also blew up my transmission on the last session lol

I swapped in a new trans then went back to Club Loose. Wasn’t really feeling it and drove maybe 15 laps. Packed it up early and went home.

Then we drove Lone Star Drive JZX event. I haven’t seen any pictures from the event of my car but I was t really looking for them anyways. It was cold and wet but the driving was fun. I’m terrible at drifting in the rain so it was a learning experience.

Then I blew up another transmission of the way to breakfast the next morning. The reason why transmissions keep exploding is because the RB20 Speed Sensor falls out of the SR trans and leaks all the oil out. I’m an idiot but I have a solution. Swapping in a new transmission this weekend so I can drive the car around.

I’m participating in a demo at Circuits Of The Americas in February. People pay to get a ride in my car. Super Lap Battle will be going on as well so I’m more excited about that than drifting. Maybe I’ll get to take the R32 on the circuit!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:39 AM   #180
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Man I really love this machine. Amazing!

CamryOnBronze.com