Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Which Aero Should I Run
OEM 180sx Type-X 108 30.08%
Version Select V. 6 50 13.93%
Version Select V. 4 59 16.43%
Vertex 117 32.59%
Other (post your response) 25 6.96%
Voters: 359. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Aero for my car.

ok guys help me out with picking a new front and rear bumper, i've got s13 silvia oem sideskirts, but don't really want rear valences. And i do not have an unlimited budget, but i don't want to buy cheap bad fitting aero, so here are my picks, help me decide or offer a better suggestion.

here's some pics of each to help those who don't know what they look like

180sx type-x front

Version Select V. 6

Version Select V. 4

Vertex
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eds13
vertex is teh sexorz. but with stock sideskirts its gonna look gay
Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
punxva
Post Whore!

punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
yea, i'm really trying to find something that will look good with the silvia oem skirts

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

Old 12-03-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
1. it's not 'type x' - just 'kouki'
2. nothing outside of OEM will look right with OEM skirts. The VS:V6 is just kouki 180sx front bumper with lip, but in one piece and with lic. plate holder shaved.
3. #2 should tell you my vote (either one is fine)
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
punxva
Post Whore!

how do yall think D-max kit would look?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #6
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
how about a pignose with oem lip. it looks amazing with the silvia side skirts
Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
punxva
Post Whore!

i've got a chuki with pignose, and i'm looking at real aero now

Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if keeping the silvia skirts is a MUST, then v:s version 6 is the only way to go. well..... you could buy my bings lip, too. haha.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #9
punxva
Post Whore!

well not an absolute, i just figured since i already had them. the only thing i dont like about the version 6 is the valences, i just think they look funny installed.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #10
punxva
Post Whore!

i was just browsing yaj, and came across this, i wouldn't mine a kouki bumper and this as the rear valence...

Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
dude, that D-max bumper is teh sex!

its good to see a front bumper that incorporates some of the style of the Chuki nose!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #12
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
origin-lab stream line

origin-lab stylish
Old 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #13
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
Uras g-spec
Old 12-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #14
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Isn't origin expensive ish? he said hes kinda on a limited budget. My vote is for the vertex kit. If it looks weak with silvia skirts then just buy them at a later date. I hope this is just a street car and doesn't see the track often. I would hate to see someone spend more money than needed on aero just to smash it.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #15
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
vertex > origin
sex and price wise
vertex kits are mad more $$$
Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #16
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Leave it alone. The car looks real good how it is.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
Isn't origin expensive ish? he said hes kinda on a limited budget. My vote is for the vertex kit. If it looks weak with silvia skirts then just buy them at a later date. I hope this is just a street car and doesn't see the track often. I would hate to see someone spend more money than needed on aero just to smash it.
I only mentioned the Origin kits because they seem to go a long with what he may be after. As for price Origin kits tend to cost well under a thousand. Plus the kits are, relatively, easy to source within the continental US.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #18
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Why isn't there an option for "chose on your own'

It's YOUR car, YOU decide what you want on it

It also vastly depends on what wheels you want to run. If you're going with some easy-breezy (beautifull cover girl) wheels, oem anything is good.

Doing agressive ones? get a full kit, most of them you posted are ok.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #19
AznDrftr.
BANNED

AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
your car, your own taste. pick it cuz you like it.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #20
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
version select V6 definatly.
coolest aero for 180sx..

but

what wheels are you going with? that has a big deal to do with it
Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #21
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
i was just browsing yaj, and came across this, i wouldn't mine a kouki bumper and this as the rear valence...
mrmeph has one of those. it's an old g-grow valence apparently.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 AM   #22
punxva
Post Whore!

i'm not 100% on wheels yet, i'm really saving up to buy some nice ass 5-lugs, since i'va already got 30mm Z brakes sitting in my room, so i just need to pick up some hubs, since they WestCo justin has them on sale.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #23
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
kouki front.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #24
lbsam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
lbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Voted on vertex, but only if you get the real deal.. not the knock off crap..
Old 12-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #25
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
Vertex or Kouki.. Both of those are sick. Vertex Ridge is sweet too.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #26
j4d3_h4v0k
Zilvia Member

Location: a town that doesn't even warrant a dot on the map, so cal
j4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of lightj4d3_h4v0k is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to j4d3_h4v0k
+1 for origin pieces
thats whats goin on my sil80 when i have the $$$
Old 12-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #27
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post

Get that shit (G-Grow or G-corp i assume?)

get a kouki aero all around

done
Old 12-05-2007, 06:11 AM   #28
punxva
Post Whore!

yeah i'm going to try getting grant to pick that up for me, if he can find one around him.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #29
Team Aero-K
Zilvia Junkie

Team Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant future
wait, what about works9......It is easy to get, if you know the right people. Check it out!

Old 12-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #30
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I have always liked the M-sports front, and I think the VS kit looks even better (the front bumper is slightly different). It doesn't go very low in the front either, so it might work with your sideskirts. IDK, I'd have to see it.

I've said this before, but I think the Kouki bumper is too busy. There are a couple bumpers based off the Kouki that look good, but I'm not for Version 6.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Closed Thread