Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Radiator/fan Set-ups, Show Me What You Got

With it being summer time and so many turbo S-chassis cars running around, I'm interested in seeing what people are doing to keep their temps in check. Primarily interested in RB and JZ swapped cars since fan space is so limited. Whether its a stock rad with the rad support cut out or a tucked setup that sits out of sight, please help me out by posting what you've got that works for you. Thermostat information welcome as well.
alex_s817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Impossible if the numbers don't match.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
THEY HAVE TO MATCH!!!!!! It's the only way!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
er body know they oughta match
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
It be real up in these streets cuh.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
MR_GUTTI
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MR_GUTTI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Really interested in this info as well
MR_GUTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Aluminum radiator + Altima fans is all you need.

both of which I happen to have for sale at the moment.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM Is best.

I have a Mishimoto Radiator, New Nissan Water Pump, new Replacement Radiator Cap from Mishimoto, new hoses, new thermostat, OEM Clutch Fan with shroud.

My car runs about 10-15 F warmer than it did with OEM Nissan Radiator, and the clutch fan kicks into high gear while street driving in 70 degree weather.

Best part: STOCK KA24DE

Conclusion: Aftermarket radiator suck!

KEEP STOCK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AT WHATEVER THE COST IS!!!

*All data brought to you by Nissan Data Scan
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^I don't think all aftermarket radiators suck, but I know for sure that I've heard Mishimotos do.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #10
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I've never had any issues with my Mishimoto. My altimas fans rarely need to turn on driving around even with my large FMIC.
spooled240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #11
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...hlight=cooling
old topic, dont see a need for a new thread
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #12
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Seeing how each of those is an "overheating, need help" thread, I don't see it as the same topic. I am looking for different cooling setups and what works for people. It's also 2015 and there are more people running tucked radiators, relocated radiators, etc etc. Sorry this thread is geared towards cooling performance rather than origin fenders and steering angle, I had hoped more people would post real responses.
alex_s817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #13
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Mishimoto is trash.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #14
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Champion 3 row radiator
dual 750cfm aftermarket fans...

Disclaimer: None of my cars or friend's cars with champion radiators have had this problem, but this is the only complaint I've heard of. Champion caps come in 2 varieties.

1.1 caps will hold about 15-16psi before opening into the overflow. All the Champion radiators I've seen in person have had this cap with no problems.

1.3 caps will not release until 19-20psi, and people have blamed this for blowing HG's. Building too much pressure.

The one I have in the honda did have some seepage from the cap about 3 months ago (It was about 6 years old) so i replaced it with a 13lbs cap at autozone for like $3, and haven't had any problems since.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #15
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
OEM Is best.

I have a Mishimoto Radiator, New Nissan Water Pump, new Replacement Radiator Cap from Mishimoto, new hoses, new thermostat, OEM Clutch Fan with shroud.

My car runs about 10-15 F warmer than it did with OEM Nissan Radiator, and the clutch fan kicks into high gear while street driving in 70 degree weather.

Best part: STOCK KA24DE

Conclusion: Aftermarket radiator suck!

KEEP STOCK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AT WHATEVER THE COST IS!!!

*All data brought to you by Nissan Data Scan
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^I don't think all aftermarket radiators suck, but I know for sure that I've heard Mishimotos do.
Yes, they sure do. There is a reason they are cheap. The Koyos are a dual pass radiator now and even the single pass Koyos perform better than the mishitsu stuff.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #16
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
KA24DET

Coolant:
Koyo aluminum radiator
Altima Fans
Nismo Thermostat
Distilled water/water wetter
PBM breather tank

Oil:
Greddy Oil filter reloc
Earl's Oil cooler with thermostat

Oil doesn't see 90*C under normal driving
Water temps don't go over 88*C unless my coolant is running low.

Majority of the time temps fall between 75-86*C
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #17
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Yes, they sure do. There is a reason they are cheap. The Koyos are a dual pass radiator now and even the single pass Koyos perform better than the mishitsu stuff.
Just to have technical data for those deciding on the radiator.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM MISHIMOTO!!!!

This is with OEM Radiator driving:

The warmest temperature was 88 C

This is with Mishimoto Radiator. This was recorded while I was bleeding the system. The car has since been driven across the country and any "BUBBLES" in the system must have disappeared. The steady state temperature is 10 degrees warmer than it should and temperatures still behaves the same indicating a SHITTY RADIATOR!!!.

I can record another data log of a mishimoto radiator cooling performance for those curious.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote