Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #31
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
yeah, you really are being a tool.

Because if the dude wants to know the lightest S13 shell, we have about 1000 of those threads, going into such specifics on how to rewire your car and loose 40lbs of wire weight and anything else.

ITS ALL THERE, he does need to search.
Are you really going to try and say this is a unique question??

guy asked the lightest 240, we replied to an extremely vague question. next time we will mind read through the internet though.

BTW dipshit, read the tittle.
"Lowest weight achieved on a s13 race car "

amazing what a little reading will do....you should see an apology for being called an asshat on a horse...lol...
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #32
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
naw, its cool.
Prolly should of refrained from saying DipShit, but jeez, ya know, lol.

I will be this guy if I gots too, lol

ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #33
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
lmao...but you are that guy...just with a bowler hat...if that is correct.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #34
dato
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
dato is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
MOD'S PlEASE CLOSE THREAD, did not think it was gonna go to shit like this
dato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #35
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
HAHAHAHAHA this is so funny, the attitude of some folks. Anyhow Im at 2250 wet with driver,full cage & SR,for what its worth.

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #36
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I started lmao when I read "it's some hatch with it's ass cut off" and then I scolled down and litterally saw just that!!!

I made my car most lightweight race car, it got stripped, therefore weighing like nothing, just the chassis skeleton by itself, therefore I win. Oh and the police still called it a race car, so it counts!
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #37
Sterlz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Sterlz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
How are those not 240's?
Shit, they run KA engines.

You understand that the majority of Pro level drift vehicles are tube framed to certain extents.

Where do you want to draw the line then?

True but they retain most of the stock unibody, and besides he was asking about race cars, not drift cars. Those IMSA GTP cars run KA's, and look like 240's but, they utilize those pseudo fiberglass exterior panels to make em look the part.

Idk I guess it's just my opinion, I guess I'd draw the line between unibody (or at least most of it) and full tube chassis with a fiberglass look-alike body. Unless the car started life as a 240 but then that's a whole nother complication lol.
Sterlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #38
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Tube chassis or not its still based around a 240's body lines, wheel base and so on. This thread is so full of mis-information it hurts my stomach to even read it, especially the comment about weight = stability...tell that to forumula 1 car designers. Your car can get as light as you can afford it too... Pretty simple....
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #39
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Does anyone know what the highest achieved weight of an S13 is?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #40
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

what ever this weighs.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #41
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post

what ever this weighs.

this is sooo missing some cheap aero and a two tone painjob!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #42
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

IN DESPERATION TO SAVE THIS THREAD...i would find this info more useful.

Nissan 240SX Performance Modification/Weight Reduction - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks

I hope this answeres all the dumb questions...anything more, should be talking about where to cut into your car to lighten it up. As well as anyone else contributing, should mention how much weight they save using "x".
Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #43
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
the whole point is this thread should have never been started as this has been answered over and over a million different ways on this site.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #44
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
the whole point is this thread should have never been started as this has been answered over and over a million different ways on this site.
eric those are lies...cause you and I both know people with under 200 post count and under the age of 20 know exactly what they are doing! We are old and don't know how to use computers remember...lol
Old 03-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #45
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
my cars 2629 lbs w/o me, light huh :dogg:

i guess i win lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #46
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dato View Post
MOD'S PlEASE CLOSE THREAD, did not think it was gonna go to shit like this
wow you seriously started a thread on zilvia and expected.. civil responses?
maplejesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #47
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Bump.

Cutting off the rear is the boy racer thing to do, if weight is to be lost.

Last edited by Matej; 03-16-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Old 03-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #48
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
All the new people just dont get Zilvia.
Wah Wah why wont you answer my question that has nothing to do with what im doing on my car.

Assholes are right.

Edit**
Cut rear bumpers look awesome.
Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #49
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post

what ever this weighs.
this...cannot be real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post

eric those are lies...cause you and I both know people with under 200 post count and under the age of 20 know exactly what they are doing! We are old and don't know how to use computers remember...lol
so true...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #50
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
I want to thank everyone in this thread for reminding me why I rarely frequent Zilvia.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #51
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
HAHAHAHAHA this is so funny, the attitude of some folks. Anyhow Im at 2250 wet with driver,full cage & SR,for what its worth.
Zilvia:The Original Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Community Forums

Here you will find dedicated and knowledgeable Nissan Owners, Member Rides, Photo Galleries, Blogs, Technical Articles, Marketplace, Group Buys, Reviews, Installs, Drifting, and Links.

We are collaborative group dedicated to all S13, S14, S15, Z32, Z33, Z34 chassis sport cars, Nissan's greatest.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 AM   #52
Matej
Post Whore!

The best thing about those cars is that they have license plates/license plate lights.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:47 AM   #53
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
girly girl racing <3
Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 AM   #54
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
you know what i find funny? all the people that are dicks in this thread are from california. whats up with you people out there. holy shit you guys are assholes. its a forum chill the fuck out.
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #55
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiCam View Post
you know what i find funny? all the people that are dicks in this thread are from california. whats up with you people out there. holy shit you guys are assholes. its a forum chill the fuck out.
Wrong. We just don't like people wasting bandwidth (and slowing the forum) with stupid threads where they ask questions that have been answered 1293719283719 times.

Use the search button (or even google, what a revelation!) or you will be treated like the newb you are.

Everyone who has been here for any length of time has most likely gone through it at some point. Either you'll realize your mistake or you will move on.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #56
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiCam View Post
because CALIFORNIA is where everything is made...you don't see more than 1 formula d track in atlanta do you?

It just so happens to be that in CALIFORNIA, if you wanted to race every weekend, with a different venue, you can.

WE CALIFORNIANS are tired of stupid people...that ask stupid questions. It's bad enough that we have to drive on the freeway in rush hour traffic with people that can't even fucking merge.

So understand, "ZILVIA" tends to have more knowledgeable 240 owners than any other forum that "I" have been on. And everything that has been discussed in the "90's" has already been talked about. So if you can, bring me something as a "build" that hasn't been done, and then you'll see non asshats.

Untill then, stop wasting our time bitching about how we are assholes...

...only mommy cares when you cry. This Forum is for grown ups.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #57
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
It just so happens to be that in CALIFORNIA, if you wanted to race every weekend, with a different venue, you can.
Assuming one's swapped car isn't confiscated by the cops.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #58
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko View Post
Assuming one's swapped car isn't confiscated by the cops.
I run stock KA all day! lol....cops only hassle me cause I have no muffler!

and the paint is blue! lol
Old 03-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #59
dato
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
dato is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
ok since people seem not to read the actual question 'the lowest weight achieve in a race car" to some its classified as a full track car to some its a daily driver which is gutted, many different opinions, any car RACE CAR or not depending on our view of what is a race car really is. since people like bashing with all these threads exist and blah blah blah.
lets do some analysis then

i go to advance search i search only tittles word entered: WEIGHT
topics which might seem relevant

some weight but only a small amount of people answered actual weight
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/263276-niss...sx-weight.html

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/227256...ion-ideas.html
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/120014-weig...on-thread.html
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/86943-weight-reduction.html

u can see that most threads that pop out are ones asking such questions has what do i need to do? remove what? carbon fiber? if i remove this how much weight? motor weight ect.
I ask what is the lowest weight of a race car, some might believe we have a race car so post some actual weight number, I NEVER ASKED WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO LOWER MY WEIGHT, and there are a abundant amount of threads on that! and to everyone saying there are so many threADS on actual race car weights show me? prove me wrong and prove that u are not ignorant.
dato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #60
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Ok, first off, the question is much too vague to answer. You could probably make the car weigh 1500lbs wet with enough cubic dollars. As a general rule anything under 2500lbs (wet) is "good". The lowest that I have heard of is the DSG car, but I am certain that you can get lighter with millions of dollars to spend.

Second, if you (not necessarily the OP) don't like zilvia then don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out. This is a longstanding community of 240sx enthusiasts and we do not take kindly to holding your precious little hands. There are MULTIPLE threads out there on this EXACT same topic with this EXACT same answer. A simple search would have yeilded the same results with no drama. I have no sympathy for noob idiots that cannot use the search function.

EDIT: If you actually take the time to read those threads that supposedly don't tell you what you want to know then you would find your answer...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote