Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: What do you think of Prop 8?
Yes no same sex marriage 67 41.88%
NO let there be same sex marriage 93 58.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Prop 8 yes or no

What do you guys think about Prop 8? If you vote YES it means No legal homosexual marriage if you vote NO it means legal homosexual marriage. I want to know what you guys and girls think about this =] Vote away

**Please remember to be considerate of other people this forum is public so make your reply's Politically correct /responsible please =]**

Last edited by s13 @ fullboost; 10-14-2008 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: Typo =/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
twotoes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im not a fan of gay dudes, gay chicks are hot (yeah its a fucked up view but i cant help it lol) But i dont have a problem with two dudes or two chicks getting married.

People say that it should stay a sacred bond between a man and a woman but with the majority of marriages ending in divorce now days whats so sacred anymore?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
i dont care if they get married becuase in every religious book they go to hell.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
No.
No.
FUCK NO.

The "Yes on 8" commericals piss me off. So many lies...

Gay people should be able to get married and be miserable like the rest of us.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka2 View Post
i dont care if they get married becuase in every religious book they go to hell.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
This is good guys keep it up
Old 10-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
why not let them get married? Its making it out to be some religious thing... But oh wait, whats that one thing called... oh yeah, the CONSTITUTION. What ever happened to seperation of church and state. In the purely constitutional sense in looking at it, there's no reason. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Its 2 consenting adults, let them do what they want to.

And if it wasnt for the gay guys, I'd have no idea how to look good on a date.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
twotoes
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post

And if it wasnt for the gay guys, I'd have no idea how to look good on a date.
omg this thread is so fucking funny ^^^ thanks for the new signature kile!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
most arguments used to go against gay marriges are the same ones used when blacks and whites first started to get together!

if it is religion that people choose to hide behind as they reason they are against it, then they aren't following god's rule of love all as equals. we have no right to judge people and their actions. that is what god would do for us!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #10
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

ZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her selfZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her self
^~~Wrong. Bible says as the 2nd greatest commandment that you are to love thy neighbor. Also talks about marriage as a sacred covenant and should be shared by a MAN AND A WOMAN. You can love people, but you dont hav to love what they do.

lol, the constitution was drafted by Christians.

Christians, Me being one, believe in no homosexual marriages. I know its not right.

I voted against Homosexual Marriages.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #11
brian(na8c)

brian(na8c) is an unknown quantity at this point
Werd with ziptiedcoup... other than being politically correct, at which point are we allowed to say,"this is'nt right or acceptable in our society". if they want to have equal rights with traditionaly married couples so they can visit eachother at the hospital or whatever, fine. you can say,"oh well it doesnt affect me" but I dont want my kids being force fed this stuff, being told theyre intollerant because God says this isnt the way to live. I just think society needs some boundries...for the good of ALL, not just because I love Jesus
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #12
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
but what you are also voting for is healthcare covarge for the partner, child custody battles, last will and testimant payouts.

there is alot more at stake to many of these couples than just getting the ceramony official!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #13
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipTiedCoupe View Post
^~~Wrong. Bible says as the 2nd greatest commandment that you are to love thy neighbor. Also talks about marriage as a sacred covenant and should be shared by a MAN AND A WOMAN. You can love people, but you dont hav to love what they do.

lol, the constitution was drafted by Christians.

Christians, Me being one, believe in no homosexual marriages. I know its not right.

I voted against Homosexual Marriages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian(na8c) View Post
Werd with ziptiedcoup... other than being politically correct, at which point are we allowed to say,"this is'nt right or acceptable in our society". if they want to have equal rights with traditionaly married couples so they can visit eachother at the hospital or whatever, fine. you can say,"oh well it doesnt affect me" but I dont want my kids being force fed this stuff, being told theyre intollerant because God says this isnt the way to live. I just think society needs some boundries...for the good of ALL, not just because I love Jesus
since when they start force feeding it to children? do you expect the schools to start teaching gay relationships are the only way have a normal relationship?

and are both of you oppsed to teaching natural selection and the universe being started by a "big bang" since it isn't the bible? do you both believe that the theory of evoluion shouldn't be taught aswell?

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 10-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #14
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

ZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her selfZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her self
We can start a seperate bible and beliefs thread if you would like.

I am not going to ruin this mans poll thread with my Beliefs.

To answer your ? though,

The Big Bang theory is merely that, a theory. Same goes for evolution

I dont think it should be taught. This nation was founded upon Christian principles and it is my belief to restore those principles. I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children either. Think about what it does to the children when they grow up.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #15
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
but what you are also voting for is healthcare covarge for the partner, child custody battles, last will and testimant payouts.

there is alot more at stake to many of these couples than just getting the ceramony official!
This is the main thing for why this should get passed.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #16
brian(na8c)

brian(na8c) is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, if your are all about natural selection and survival of the fittest... tell me where homosexuality fits in... i dont believe theyre a "genetic abnormality" its like everything in life a concious choice... and one thats being fed more and more by society.. why would they choose a straight relationship when they were raised being told, "go for it, its cool"? Our Judeo-christian heritage is what MADE this nation... we toss it; we go the way of every other great society..
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #17
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
I'm totally for gay marriage. Who are we to tell others who they can or can't marry? wtf is the difference anyways, I seriously can't believe anyone gives a shit about it, but that's just me.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #18
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
Quote:
We can start a seperate bible and beliefs thread if you would like.

To answer your ? though,

The Big Bang theory is merely that, a theory. Same goes for evolution

I dont think it should be taught. This nation was founded upon Christian principles and it is my belief to restore those principles. I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children either. Think about what it does to the children when they grow up.
fuck you. that is all.

oh yeah, and fuck the op for even starting this thread and also for telling me to be pc.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #19
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
You already did.

Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:34 AM   #20
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian(na8c) View Post
Hmm, if your are all about natural selection and survival of the fittest... tell me where homosexuality fits in... i dont believe theyre a "genetic abnormality" its like everything in life a concious choice... and one thats being fed more and more by society.. why would they choose a straight relationship when they were raised being told, "go for it, its cool"? Our Judeo-christian heritage is what MADE this nation... we toss it; we go the way of every other great society..
Conscious choice? Dude you think people decide to become ostracized? Discriminated against? Ridiculed by the likes of people like you? You think people feel its cool to be gay?
Man take off the rosy glasses, put down the bible you have mistinterpreted and wake the fuck up. You be smoking that middle American right wing christian bullshit.

I was raised Roman Catholic,aka Christian. I do not follow the church per se but I do believe in the existance of God and pratice spirituality.

Fact is and this is written in the bible. "Judge not lest ye be Judged"

In other words its really not our place to condemn others. Of course being human and prone to sin we do. I suggest you try not. I try not to.
If you really are Christian you must also realize Jesus accepted all regardless. Now did God intend people to be gay? No, but see God's great creation is set up to have variables.
Oh and I do believe in evolution and God and Evolution can coexist.

Oh and yes I am not gay, but I know gays and they have said before that they did not ask to be gay. I.E. it was something they were born feeling! Not a choice. If you think its choice well then your pretty damn ignorant and blinded by the church goers around you.

Please take your bigotry somewhere else because thats what your statement amounts to.

Oh and for the smart ass who sat there and said we can start a separate bible and beliefs thread? Wow you have not been here that long have you? Its already been covered numerous times in numerous threads. In other words your a typical noob who does not bother to read before posting.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 10-14-2008 at 01:14 AM..
Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #21
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
great post

Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #22
spoolandslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: lost in a bump splice in the fabric of our clockwork
Trader Rating: (12)
spoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
if all the homos marry each other then they will settle down and stay the fuck out of our lives

+ if god created only certain men to have an un-natural craving for dick then that sounds like gods fault not the gay man's
Old 10-14-2008, 02:08 AM   #23
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
ok cool since i brought up beliefs and all lets switch it up again ...
WTF?! thinka bout it, a child growing up with two dads or two moms...
sit down and really think about it .. that childs mentality and insight on life is going to be pretty screwed up .. but thats just my two cents...-Teacher to kid: "Timmy where is your mom , is she coming today" -Timmy "Which one" ????????pwned.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:08 AM   #24
PhilthyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
PhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
True, our country was founded by Christians. Christians such as the Puritans who fled Europe to escape persecution by other Christians. That is why we have the separation of church and state - to prevent one religion from imposing its views on others. This measure is about civil marriages. Religions that refuse to recognize gay marriage can continue to do so.

In college I used to work at a group home for boys. They all had heterosexual parents. I saw their files and what their parents did to them. The thing that messed them up the most was the fact that the very people who were supposed to protect them were the ones hurting them. Heterosexual parents have the capacity to abuse children just as much as homosexual parents.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with how you raise children, you are apparently confusing pedophiles with homosexuals. Those are two very different things.

This is really about equal protection (meaning you can't treat one group differently from another). Yes, our country was founded on Christian principles. But it was also founded on slavery, an institution that was rationalized using those very same principles. Our society is constantly changing, and our Constitution changes with us. I don't think a return to 1787 is possible, feasible or even desirable.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:48 AM   #25
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
What influence, in fact, have ecclesiastical establishments had on society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the civil authority; on many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny; in no instance have they been the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wish to subvert the public liberty may have found an established clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not."
Quote:
Experience witnesseth that ecclesiastical establishments, instead of maintaining the purity and efficacy of religion, have had a contrary operation. During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution.
james madison, 'father of the constitution'

looks like the people who drafted the constitution weren't exactly for pushing religion on the people...

Old 10-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #26
upstate240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
upstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really niceupstate240sx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
lets them be married, its not hurting me any way. with all the hate and violence in this world, i think that last thing we should be voting is against is letting people get married. Where in the hell are all your bible thumping maniacs getting the idea you have to act like gods right hand any how.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #27
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikNspan View Post
fuck you. that is all.

oh yeah, and fuck the op for even starting this thread and also for telling me to be pc.
Dude why do you have to go and say that stuff do me a favor and please do not post in here anymore if you do not know how to talk/debate like a grown man then do not comment in this thread anymore thank you
Old 10-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #28
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Everyone deserves the right to be happy. If that happens to be with someone of the same gender, then so be it.

Yay for Ellen and Portia!!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #29
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Fact is and this is written in the bible. "Judge not lest ye be Judged"

In other words its really not our place to condemn others. Of course being human and prone to sin we do. I suggest you try not. I try not to.
If you really are Christian you must also realize Jesus accepted all regardless. Now did God intend people to be gay? No, but see God's great creation is set up to have variables.
Oh and I do believe in evolution and God and Evolution can coexist.
Drift, calm down bro. I didnt want to get OFF TOPIC in the guys thread. I dont go searching for Bible Threads on a NISSAN website?

Judge not lest ye be Judged. I AM NOT JUDGING.I am in NO wayhating on homosexuals. In my religon, its not right to have homosexual beliefs. I said I do not support it. I have gay friends. I know gay people. I do not treat them any different then other friends. I just merely do not support it. I will not support politicians who are for it. It is my personal worldview and its my right to support what I believe in.

This is why I will be voting this November.

Cant we all just be friends?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #30
spngr311
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
spngr311 has a spectacular aura aboutspngr311 has a spectacular aura aboutspngr311 has a spectacular aura aboutspngr311 has a spectacular aura aboutspngr311 has a spectacular aura aboutspngr311 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't think gay "marriage" should exist. Marriage is defined by religion - that would be a case of the state forcing a religion to change its beliefs. However, I think there needs to be a legal gay civil union so that homosexuals are afforded the same rights as straight couples in the eyes of the government. This would allow gay couples to adopt children (which is fine because there are too many children that are not helped), have insurance, and other legal rights. I didn't vote in the poll because I didn't agree with either.
Closed Thread