Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #121
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Got a bunch of stuff done on the two cars over the weekend.

Saturday -

Started off working on the 93 Gray coupe that has the 2JZ in it. We finished removing all the gauges and gauge wiring as well as the Greddy boost and speed cut controllers. and kept removing some of the other interior pieces that will find there way into the 89.

Then starting working on the engine. pulled the rest of the fuel rail and stuff off the car, ready to be sent off to the next owner.

Went ahead and finished messing with the majority of the wiring harness so that it is disconnected and ready to pull.

Pulled the new white car into the garage to start devirginizing the car.

Got all the accessories off the KA24E. just need to pull the radiator/fans and shroud next time we work on the car, and pull the fuel stuff off the car and unhook the driveshaft and it is ready to come out. hoping the weekend of February 5th the motor comes out of the white car. then cleaning and painting of the new engine bay will start!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #122
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
auto killed it!!
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #123
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
auto killed it!!
Thanks for the nice compliments
Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #124
satek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
satek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
auto killed it!!
It's still a sweet build even though it's auto....
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #125
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satek View Post
It's still a sweet build even though it's auto....
Thanks, alot of people HATE on the auto thing, most people don't "get it". but it is what it is, i only wish more haters around here would actually get in the car or see the car move before they put there .02 in about automatics being dumb.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #126
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

UPDATE APRIL 6th 2011

Ok, so i have been slacking for updates.

but here is some updates.

Stripped the front end of the new White coupe.

pulled the motor/trans/harness/etc
and found some rust as well This will get fixed asap.

Then started to worry about getting that 2JZ out of the Gray car, had a few friends come over this weekend and give me a hand.

removed the rest of the intake manifold and decided to paint it to make it look better.

and a test fit
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #127
mxsx25
Zilvia Junkie

mxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to mxsx25
Lookin good
Old 04-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #128
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

i got my new fuel injector clinic fuel rail/fpr/and injectors (750cc) and decided to install that into my freshly painted intake manifold and then install it onto the 2JZ.
also installed my new 750cc injectors onto their new fuel rail! its gonna be getting 2 AN line fuel lines as well.. thatll be fun to do lol. and another walbro and FPR.

Also i mounted the Brake and gas pedal. inside the car as well as routed the battery cable through an existing hole (clutch) in the firewall, then through the center console out to the trunk where the battery will be mounted.

i am going to be painting and installing the brake booster this week and try and get a few other little things finished up.

Car gets shipped out to clocks off racing. for the cage,rust removal and lower radiator support fix as well as the fenders rolled and a slight pull. and should be back in about a week.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #129
Spyder

Spyder is an unknown quantity at this point
Sex. Keep it up, nice work so far.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #130
darkthunder

Trader Rating: (4)
darkthunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Very nice! You just motivated me to start my own 2jz swap. Let the part buying begin!
darkthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #131
weissguy
Zilvia Junkie

weissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the rough
Awesome project man. I have a 2jz 240 too and the biggest disappointment and mistake that I made with it was going with tech2. They completely screwed up my harness and really had no idea wtf they were talking about when it came to any questions I had for them /Rant/... The vids of your car are awesome. It pulls hard!
weissguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #132
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Sex. Keep it up, nice work so far.
Thanks alot man, where abouts in Wisconsin are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
Very nice! You just motivated me to start my own 2jz swap. Let the part buying begin!
Thank you, it is very addicting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissguy View Post
Awesome project man. I have a 2jz 240 too and the biggest disappointment and mistake that I made with it was going with tech2. They completely screwed up my harness and really had no idea wtf they were talking about when it came to any questions I had for them /Rant/... The vids of your car are awesome. It pulls hard!
Thanks man, When did you have Tech2 do your harness? Once Sean P. left about a year and a half to 2 years ago there customer service and wiring skills have gone down hill. i would check out | Myjzswap.com | that's sean (the former wiring guru for tech2) new shop.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #133
weissguy
Zilvia Junkie

weissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the rough
I bought their stuff after he had left. After they screwed up my wiring royally Sean was the guy who re-did it and now the car runs great.
weissguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #134
Silvialove747

Silvialove747 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking really good I will keep following the thread
Silvialove747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #135
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Thanks guys. Small pre weekend update.

I got the car back last weekend from getting the rust issues taken care of and the cage getting installed. I didn't take very many good pics. but some are better then none....Correct?

Also cleaned up alot more of the engine bay, did some touch up painting in spots (no pics as of yet expect more this weekend)

Did a few things i doubt many people will care about but it is all little shit that bugged me, like the ugly powersteering resovoir, so i made it look "better"

as well as the lower timing belt cover, to match the upper....kind of.

I also painted the injector resistor box the same color (no pics) as well as freshened up alot of other things in black.

And then i stripped the paint off the old used Silvia fenders, took the black paint off and noticed they were two toned i <3 two tones.

good to have the car back home again. now to throw down.

and a pic to show what has become of thee old gray coupe.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #136
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Took some more pics of the cage for those of you interested.
better then none....Correct?

This is part of the cage in the trunk

I made a mount using the factory cruise control mount to hold the Greddy Profect B boost controller selinoid

Moved the "green box" that does the intermediate wipers to a more hidden spot.

Reinstalled the freshly repainted brake booster

Oh yeah, in this pic the fuel tank is out of the car, also reinstalled that

Went walking around the hardware store and found some neat looking bolt and washers.

while we were at the hardware store, saw this stuff.

and installed it.

And then i stripped the paint off the old used Silvia fenders, took the black paint off and noticed they were two toned i <3 two tones.

Started doing a little front end mock up.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #137
95zenkisr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
95zenkisr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nice job Bro
95zenkisr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #138
2jz_S13

2jz_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
LOOKING Awesome!!! Have your struts/coilovers done well with the extra weight in the front?? Do you see them in need of replacement sooner with the extra couple hundred pounds??
2jz_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #139
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95zenkisr20 View Post
nice job Bro
Thanks alot man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jz_S13 View Post
LOOKING Awesome!!! Have your struts/coilovers done well with the extra weight in the front?? Do you see them in need of replacement sooner with the extra couple hundred pounds??
Thanks, I have had no problems with the extra weight. every thing has been fine the car has Megan street coilovers. seems fine for about 3-5k miles and 3 years its been done.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #140
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like it's coming together nicely, I start on my coupe project in the next few weeks, can't wait!

Are you planning on the full supermade kit?
Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #141
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

i bought the chaser aero "supermade" IG kit. the front bumpers are "CLOSE" and the rear is ehh. and the sides arent that great. i mightjust run the front bumper this year then do the full kit over the winter with the paint and body.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #142
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Had a busy weekend, got the stock tq convertor removed from the trans and installed the new Titan 3500 stall convertor.

Stock on right, the titan 3500 convertor on the left. a neat size comparison.

For those who were wondering where the stock A340e bellhousing bolts are here is a pic to see where they are.

we re assembled the motor/trans and decided to put the motor in the car.

:facesjump

Started hooking up some of the accesories for the motor. starting with the power steering. The braided SS line is made by ISIS. i will swapping this out for a custom one later this year that i will begin to market. the other pressure line is just a stock line. the 2 low pressure lines are just stock or any off the shelf rubber line.

i then went ahead and worked on the heater hose. the upper hose just consists of 2 90 degree hoses and a connector. and then i heat wrapped them in a reflective heat sheth.

I then went to the driverside and hooked up the brake booster check valve and mounted the injector resistor box.

Also did the upper and lower radiator hoses. no pics of those as of yet. i will be going out today and getting some more pics of everything.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #143
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

some more updates.

Had some friends come over this past weekend to lend a hand,

started to assemble some of the new -4AN wastegate lines.... sucks i broke a fitting, luckily i got one from a shop in town. will show finished product tonight.

made up some mounts for the oil and the transmission cooler.

the oil cooler all hooked up and plumbed.

went ahead and plumbed the transmission cooler

figured out a decent place to mount the fuel pressure regulator.

Also laid some paint to the new fenders and the grill.

we also ran most of the stuff for the dual feed lines for the fuel, but didnt get any pics i'll be sure to get some soon.

Last edited by Flicktitty; 12-15-2011 at 07:46 PM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #144
copermn
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
copermn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is awesome haha, I never digged the whole putting in a 2J into a 240, but I actually like this. good job keep it up!

one question, sorry if i didn't see it, but what are you doing with your gray shell now?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #145
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by copermn View Post
This is awesome haha, I never digged the whole putting in a 2J into a 240, but I actually like this. good job keep it up!

one question, sorry if i didn't see it, but what are you doing with your gray shell now?
hey thanks alot, i know there are alot of people who dont like the JZ S-chassis stuff, but to each their own.

The gray coupe is getting turned into a dedicated track car. weather it be a drag car (2JZ-GE 71mm, E85, Th400) or a Road Course cars (1UZ/Coils/etc) is still undecided.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #146
Garage.Works
Leaky Injector

Garage.Works is an unknown quantity at this point
i like this thread. makes me wanna start on my 2jz 240 asap!
Garage.Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #147
TrueFreshness
Leaky Injector

TrueFreshness is an unknown quantity at this point
what swap kit would you guys recommend? I plan on the 2jz swap next year on a 95.
TrueFreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 AM   #148
mitcheyismyname
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
mitcheyismyname is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
sick build! i hope you dont mind me asking but, what exhaust is shown here?

mitcheyismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #149
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage.Works View Post
i like this thread. makes me wanna start on my 2jz 240 asap!
Thanks man, it is ALOT of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFreshness View Post
what swap kit would you guys recommend? I plan on the 2jz swap next year on a 95.
i would reccomend talking to Sean and Rodney at myJZswap.com about getting a mount kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitcheyismyname View Post
sick build! i hope you dont mind me asking but, what exhaust is shown here?

Megan OE Type II (You can get it through Import Image Racing right here on Zilvia.net)
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #150
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

UPDATE

Been busy trying to get it done, Wired up the dual fuel pumps

Had my girlfriend do some wiring under the dash.

Make sure the battery is charged!

the rear interior starting to go back into the car.

Get a basemap tune loaded up through the MAPECU2

Got pretty much everything ready except some gauges and went to fire the car....CRANK.....CRANK.......CRANK.... no start. Noticed car wasen't getting a RPM signal and had to rewire the MAPECU2 up the correct way. Went to start again....same thing (atleast there was a RPM signal) Noted there was less then 6psi of fuel pressure went back through noticed a few mistakes and i have to correct that this weekend. thats it "for now" hopefully a startup/driving vid next week!

Random engine bay pics