Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
Trentm27

Trader Rating: (0)
Trentm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 I welded my diff now my car yanks to the left hard

Title pretty much explains it. Swings like butter now 89 240sx hatch. The car pulls left hard. Is this normal? I heard it was and I just needed to adjust my tow? But I’m not sure. Was not pulling hard left until after I welded the diff

Last edited by Trentm27; 02-11-2018 at 09:25 PM..
Trentm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #2
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It pulling is almost normal for a welded diff save your Pennies and get a real 2 way lsd you'll never look back.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #3
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Make sure you didn't destroy an axle. Also , sounds like you don't know what you're doing . Google and you'll find most answers. If that doesn't work just pay someone.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
if your alignment is off that would do it.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #5
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
are your rear tires the same size
Old 02-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #6
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
It pulling is almost normal for a welded diff save your Pennies and get a real 2 way lsd you'll never look back.
This makes no sense.

Fake news.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
I’ve had numerous welded diffs, never had pulling. Only chatter when turning, sounds like an alignment issue or something wasn’t hooked up right.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #8
Alpod

Trader Rating: (1)
Alpod is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If tire sizes are different or pressures are very off in the rear it will want to pull hard to one side.
Alpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #9
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
unweld the diff, should fix the problem
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #10
DamianN.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
DamianN. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
This is why I hate coming to this forum
DamianN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #11
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
He is a full time drifter though.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:05 AM   #12
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianN. View Post

It does suck that you come to ask for help, the whole point of the forum, and all you get is flamed. This is why I only use this to the extent of the search feature, if I can’t find my answer then I post it on Facebook groups.

Just my observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #13
Coupes_FTW
Leaky Injector

Coupes_FTW is making a name for him/her selfCoupes_FTW is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentm27 View Post
Title pretty much explains it. Swings like butter now 89 240sx hatch. The car pulls left hard. Is this normal? I heard it was and I just needed to adjust my tow? But I’m not sure. Was not pulling hard left until after I welded the diff
This is why I hate coming to this forum.

Bunch of idiots. Can't afford a diff, welds his open diff. Now he's not going to be able to afford tires. Probably going to stuff his car into a tree with that shitty alignment.

I can already picture the kind of person posting this. Willing to bet if you went to the OP's facebook or instagram you'd see a herpaids 240, at least 3 different colors, cut springs or pick your color shit coilover, 17x7s and at least 2 pictures of him posing in front of his car crouched down like a cholo or standing on his shit pile of a car.
Coupes_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #14
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i drove a welded diff car i guess im mistaking "pulling" for low speed chatter/ locking making u turns... it pulled on throttle the slighest bit in the rain, but hey you guys are the experts. i never had any issues with my ATS deftforce diff.. but driving a welded and a 2 way was night and day difference....
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
"Welded my open diff"

"Tied my shoelaces together"

Same thing
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #16
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just putting my unconstructive .02c in here. I welded my diff and ever since I've wanted a 2 way.

The vibration and general shittiness gets old quickly and this is in a track only/weekend car, I could only imagine how annoying it is in a car driven more often.

I've also noticed that the car tends to "squirm" during downshifts and this is on a fresh alignment.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #17
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You have an issue unrelated to the welded differential - so I think. I have a welded diff. Drives straight as can be.

Are you super duper low? Axles binding? Have you gone through the rear arms/bushings/etc?

Yeah yeah, yada yada welded diffs are cheap and suck. We all know this. Bottom line is, still works.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #18
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Either you've harnessed some super power, and the likely it's an alignment maybe? I wouldn't drive anywhere. It's not raining for a long time. So weldds are crap unless you've known to drive for a long time.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #19
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
This is why I like coming to this forum. Learn to laugh a bit, and you'll gain plenty of knowledge. Act like a dipshit or be from florida (which are the same things) and you won't last.

Anyways. I've had a welded and a kaaz. My welded is significantly more comfortable than my 2 way in almost every instance.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:11 AM   #20
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
This is why I like coming to this forum. Learn to laugh a bit, and you'll gain plenty of knowledge. Act like a dipshit or be from florida (which are the same things) and you won't last.

Anyways. I've had a welded and a kaaz. My welded is significantly more comfortable than my 2 way in almost every instance.
That is perplexing. You must not drive your car often on the street?
Unlocking the diff is what makes the two way incredible for street driving. Supermarket parking, turning around, really any kind of turning.
When I was pulling into the bank yesterday it has the angled parking spots that correspond with the side of the road you're on, so the spots on the left are like 115* from you if driving up the right side of the road. I saw an open spot, clutched In, made my sharp low speed turn silently.
I chuckled and said "fuck a welded" also, tire wear.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #21
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
My current s13 has a Kaaz 2 way and my s14 has always had a welded. I'm dailying the 13 now and its extremely annoying. Lots of clunking and popping and general noise. I agree with my welded being more comfortable and subtle. Also I change the diff fluid every 3k miles with KAAZ fluid it makes a difference for the first day or so then it goes back to being loud. I daily drove my s14 for years on a welded with no issues.
Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #22
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The issue is not the welded diff.

Anyone who thinks a 2way will fix this problem is wrong.

This issue is with alignment or tire size/pressure,
Old 02-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #23
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
That is perplexing. You must not drive your car often on the street?
My car sees only the street and I average about 6K miles a year. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpack_Chad View Post
its extremely annoying. Lots of clunking and popping and general noise. I agree with my welded being more comfortable and subtle.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #24
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Welds diff because #race-ka
Complains because functions like a shittily slapped together #donkey-ka(rt)

Coincidence??

In all honesty, the diff the probably not your problem. However, there is a reason NO OEM or any company for that fact develops welded diffs. It was a technique developed by cars that have no emphasis on car dynamics apart from going straight.

Either way, check your alignment, bushings, suspension.........then proceed to burn it to the ground because #donkey-ka(rt)

Win win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flartius View Post
It does suck that you come to ask for help, the whole point of the forum, and all you get is flamed. This is why I only use this to the extent of the search feature, if I can’t find my answer then I post it on Facebook groups.

Just my observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Bye Felicia......

If a splash of reality is too much or you want to be spoon fed and have your arses wiped by the staff......this is not the place for you. The exit is up and to your right if you are lost.

IJS
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #25
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
P.S I am surprised by how tame the responses have been in actuality hahahahahahah!!

OP got off lightly
Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #26
SilentSamurai8
Zilvia Member

SilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enoughSilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enoughSilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enoughSilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
P.S I am surprised by how tame the responses have been in actuality hahahahahahah!!

OP got off lightly
From my experience on this forum I'd have to second this opinion.
SilentSamurai8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #27
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
What are you complaining about, you're not even the original poster?

The guy's problem is that the car pulls ever since he welded the diff. Revert and install a proper differential, problem solved. Easy.

Fuckin idiot.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #28
Coupes_FTW
Leaky Injector

Coupes_FTW is making a name for him/her selfCoupes_FTW is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

you're a dipshit.
Coupes_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #29
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes_FTW View Post
you're a dipshit.
NO. tuzzio is actually pretty spot on. The Kaaz is inherently loud and clanky in every single aspect. I think you have to either use Kaaz special diff fluid or dino (140w or whatever) dino gear fluid to quiet it down "some". Not entirely. But some. Just rolling through a parking lots causes all sorts of wild horse bucking and nasty gear noises. Fuck dat life!

Just because it works doesn't mean it doesn't suck at everything else.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #30
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
"Welded my open diff"

"Tied my shoelaces together"

Same thing
Lmao son mijo
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote