Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #31
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
im gonna take an educated guess and say 180-235hp. im guessing is its gonna be over the 200hp side to compete with the FRS
That's what I was thinking as well.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #32
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Voted NO. We need a real car. Coupe, boost and RWD. We dont need another kia soul or that lame scion xb.
uh, the IDx IS a coupe, the IDx IS turbo and the IDx IS RWD

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #33
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
yeah im sorry my money is going to toyota/ subaru.. I just wanted a simple rwd car not some thing ugly that i have to tweak more to like more... also you can bet you're ass this car will set you back on the nice options over 30k.. where the fuck does that lead any room for mods.. frs are already sinking below the 20k mark for a used one...
Old 01-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #34
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
I like where the car is going. I voted maybe because my first New car purchase will be heavily thought out and i'm not sure i would buy this just yet...
Old 01-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #35
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
its too bad all you guys voting no cant actually see past the concept ideas toward a more production based version.

nissan gives us a RWD, 4 cyl, turbo setup and it seems like a lot of folks hate it simply because its "ugly" and "not a silvia".

with some exterior tweaking and interior toning down, this car could be absolutely KILLER looking!

i did my own personal take on the car a few weeks back and toned things down a bit...

though im sure most of you arent gonna dig this either
with some tweaking it can look like a short underpowered charger.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #36
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Voted NO. We need a real car. Coupe, boost and RWD. We dont need another kia soul or that lame scion xb.
Ummmm thats what it is, its a coupe, 4cyl turbo, and rwd. How is that in any way close to a kia soul or scion xb? (Dori beat me to it)

I like it but ive made up my mind that my 350z is the newest "sports" car I will ever own. They are starting to get really techy and complicated for me atleast.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #37
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Damn this is a disappointing thread.

Voted yes because we been begging Nissan for an entry level, RWD, turbo coupe for 25 fucking years!

Can't believe you shits are voting no!

Old 01-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #38
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
^^^^^ Uhhh, yes please!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #39
doomviillain
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
doomviillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to doomviillain
Its kind of hard to commit. Id probably take a toned down nismo version, but I still most likely wont be able to afford even that.

I know numbers aren't set in stone right now but what are we looking at in weight?
Your argument is invalid.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #40
badass8
Zilvia Junkie

badass8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Voted Yes.

Lets be honest here.. a 240sx is a ugly ass car why do we choose to have it? Its the cheapest rwd car to throw aftermarket parts on and most of the time track it. A concept is always FAR from what the car will actually look like so I believe we should all say YES. I think yes because if we say NO I am sure Nissan will just go back to the ECONOMY route and make more hybrids and shitty Leafs.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #41
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Simmode1 that last one looks very nice actually.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #42
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^That's the beauty of the IDX concepts! They feature removable/interchangeable body panels, aero & headlights to create your own custom style, just like we already do on our S-chassis. That's why the concepts look like hodgepodges of different cars cobbled together. You can make them as mild or wild as you want... from the factory! OEM fit & finish with a warranty!

It's like Nissan looked through the Wheel Fitment Thread for trends or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomviillain View Post
I know numbers aren't set in stone right now but what are we looking at in weight?
Around the same as an S14 from what I remember reading, running their existing 1.6L turbo engine & priced to compete with the FRS.

This engine makes 197hp in the Nismo Juke on a dinky T20 turbo. But they also debuted a Nismo Sentra running the same engine but making 240hp. I'd love to see 197hp in the IDX Freeflow and 240hp in the Nismo IDX.

Apparently, Nissan is still using bolt-on turbos in the Juke instead of integrated manifolds, which is great, IMO. But the flange is a proprietory design, so there might be a problem sourcing bolt-on turbos that fit. Which shouldn't be much of a problem once this engine goes into a car the aftermarket actually gives a fuck about.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #43
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
As much as I like old NISSAN

I think new NISSAN wont be seeing any of my money with a car like that

Without even discussing the powertrain/drivetrain, the car looks really bad.. its up there with the Cube, except the Cube is supposed to be ugly.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:56 PM   #44
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^You're actually really knowledgeable, so I'd love to hear your opinion on the powertrain. I know the 6spd CVT is bullshit, but I don't know alot about the engine they're speculating about using. I just know it's in the Juke and it's turbo. Whats the deal?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:40 AM   #45
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Voted no because I don't want to do another 5 lug conversion.

Amateur photography by me
Old 01-16-2014, 02:48 AM   #46
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^

Ha! true story!

I like the idea...doesn't really see reality most the time
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 AM   #47
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
New signature. Thanks lol
Old 01-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #48
TN4sty 305
Leaky Injector

TN4sty 305 is an unknown quantity at this point
The fact that everyone keeps bashing what the car looks like and how "ugly it looks proves how ignorant and irrational our society is now. Everyone is so fixated on a new "silvia" when you dont even know how to appreciate what Nissan is trying to do.

First and foremost, Concepts almost never look like their production models. This is an envision of a RWD Turbo 4cyl coupe that we all have wanted from Nissan. Of course it is not a silvia but albeit, it is something we have wanted for the pst 20 years. If this car succeeds, they will definitely bring back the silvia name. They are just trying to take a shot at the RWD sports compact game.

Like most of my friends have been telling me, if they do bring back the silvia, it will start to diminish sales for the 370Z which is their flagship sports car at the moment. They want to be able to have an entry level coupe sports car that can compete with the fad that the FRS brought to the world. You guys have to open your eyes and stop living in the past. We are moving foward not backward and if you cant embrace change then buy a time machine and go back to 1998 and buy a S14 new and stay there. This is happening and I voted yes. Hell i would buy the concept if I could.

Seeing that it will slot below the 370Z, it wont be 300hp. It will most likely be 200-250 (250 to the flywheel that is). So don't have high hopes for the power output.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #49
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What Nissan has put out there is a radical concept that can be chiseled into something really sweet and awesome looking. I'm pretty excited to see what Nissan can do with it, and hopefully they will.

Anyone remember the 350z concept?

Production:
Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #50
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was just about to bring up the 350 concept. That thing was HIDEOUS!!! Even the G35/350GT concept was kinda off the mark

That said, I voted yes because I would prefer a Nissan to a Toyota and nobody else really has anything to offer. We'll work out the looks when it gets here.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #51
tloh
Leaky Injector

tloh is an unknown quantity at this point
The 510 was before the Silvia. So why you fanboys say bring old car back when the car it represents is older. 510.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #52
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN4sty 305 View Post
The fact that everyone keeps bashing what the car looks like and how "ugly it looks proves how ignorant and irrational our society is now. Everyone is so fixated on a new "silvia" when you dont even know how to appreciate what Nissan is trying to do.
First of all, I dont care what they are trying to do. I care about what they are going to do. I hate feelers, and the fact that NISSAN is feeling out the community to double-check if they're able to recoup their investment is annoying. NISSAN is a huge company that spans across the globe, they need to put their big boy pants on and build a car that they think will sell and not worry so much about it being a flop. For fucks sake, ALL the parts nowadays are shared across the platform (smart move). Compare that to the 90s when there were so many unique parts for each car, no wonder they were hurting financially. But thats not the point here. The point is that this is not a 240SX or a Silvia, its a Datsun 510 spinoff.

As for taking away sales from the Z, well... thats just what happens. As a manufacturer, you cant just keep creating cars expecting the creation of one product not to effect another. But its no different than BMW with their over-saturated product line-up. Do we really need an X3, X5 and X6? These companies are just greedy and trying to fulfill each niche. Its all sales numbers and if you ask me, the 370Z is over-priced to begin with. Its a nice car, but I'll stick with straight-6 motors. And that brings me back to... OLD NISSAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^You're actually really knowledgeable, so I'd love to hear your opinion on the powertrain. I know the 6spd CVT is bullshit, but I don't know alot about the engine they're speculating about using. I just know it's in the Juke and it's turbo. Whats the deal?
I wish I could tell you something, but I know absolutely nothing about this car. Even when I was at the LA auto show I totally skipped over it because it did not catch my attention. There are so many offerings from so many other companies, why would I pay attention to this trashcan? Maybe Mr K was right when he said that the Versa is a more fun car than the current Z.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #53
tloh
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
First of all, I dont care what they are trying to do. I care about what they are going to do. I hate feelers, and the fact that NISSAN is feeling out the community to double-check if they're able to recoup their investment is annoying. NISSAN is a huge company that spans across the globe, they need to put their big boy pants on and build a car that they think will sell and not worry so much about it being a flop. For fucks sake, ALL the parts nowadays are shared across the platform (smart move). Compare that to the 90s when there were so many unique parts for each car, no wonder they were hurting financially. But thats not the point here. The point is that this is not a 240SX or a Silvia, its a Datsun 510 spinoff.

As for taking away sales from the Z, well... thats just what happens. As a manufacturer, you cant just keep creating cars expecting the creation of one product not to effect another. But its no different than BMW with their over-saturated product line-up. Do we really need an X3, X5 and X6? These companies are just greedy and trying to fulfill each niche. Its all sales numbers and if you ask me, the 370Z is over-priced to begin with. Its a nice car, but I'll stick with straight-6 motors. And that brings me back to... OLD NISSAN.
You do realize the WHOLE POINT of them using a v6 and not a inline right?

I'm sorry you prefer it because it's easier to work on when it breaks, but with a new car stuff breaking isn't the concern.

But when dealing with a heavier car, the weight balance needs to be that much tighter with balance, because heavier the car, the touchier the turn in and feel is, if the weight is off it's harder to judge and makes for understeer rwd cars.

BUT moving the weight off the front, like a v6 does, is a different story Which is why the v6 is used putting much of the weight behind the strut towers. For..... get this.... BETTER handling!!!! omg!!!! >.>

Look up vq35 swaps in 240sx and see where the motor sits, it's a weight distribution made in heaven. BUT I know most 240 owners just want to slide there car around and into shit, and don't care about proper weight balance when it comes to driving on a track or autox.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #54
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxfan6882 View Post
What Nissan has put out there is a radical concept that can be chiseled into something really sweet and awesome looking. I'm pretty excited to see what Nissan can do with it, and hopefully they will.

Anyone remember the 350z concept?
that was NOT the 350z concept, it was called the 250z and it was built on a modified S14 chassis. the 350z concept actually LOOKED like the 350z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
I was just about to bring up the 350 concept. That thing was HIDEOUS!!! Even the G35/350GT concept was kinda off the mark
thats NOT a G35/350gt, its the G37 concept that was shown in 2006.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #55
tloh
Leaky Injector

Quote:
that was NOT the 350z concept, it was called the 250z and it was built on a modified S14 chassis. the 350z concept actually LOOKED like the 350z.

thats NOT a G35/350gt, its the G37 concept that was shown in 2006.
dorki wins
Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #56
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
meh. whatevs. you get the point stickler to every detail of everything
Old 01-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #57
ReallyBroke
Leaky Injector

ReallyBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
I voted no, never.

the car is so mother fucking ugly. it makes me angry.

I think the designers at Nissan have been hitting the crack pipe too hard.

...and its not the only newer Nissan that looks like crap, I really don't get what they are going for

if having small ugly LED headlights, no B pillar, and a stupid glass roof is the future, I don't want them to make a new Silvia anyway. it would look like shit.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #58
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
Please tell me you were just kidding...

Why do you think you'd need to do a 5 lug conversion? The concepts are running F1 style 1 lug hubs and wheels. Even if they released it with 4x114.3, there's decent selection now (thanks all to the S-Chassis) and if that's not enough for you, look at how the aftermarket responded to the FRS/BRZ's shitty 5x100 lug pattern. Selection has exploded. No one is doing 5x114.3 conversions on those.

I really can't believe all this negativity on a Nissan board like Zilvia. The Silvia community doesn't support this car. The Z community doesn't support this car. The 510 community doesn't support this car.

For yeeeeears, we begged, petitioned & blew up Nissan's Facebook page for fucking what? Man, WTF. Now I won't even get mad at Nissan if they trash this idea and tell the enthusiast community to fuck off as they release the next gen Juke and Murano cabriolet.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #59
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to see what the production model looks like, but I definitely won't want to touch it if it is anywhere close to the concept. Sorry but when I get out of my 240, i always catch myself turning around to look at it as I walk away. I KNOW i couldn't stand to keep looking at that concept.

Yes we all wanted Nissan to make a RWD Turbocharged Coupe, but we also have been begging for the 90's styling. Sorry but everyone still loves the Mazda RX7, Mk4 Toyota Supra, and the S15. Look at the Supra concept for an example. A lot of Supra fanboi are hating on the futuristic design. Sure most of them probably won't be able to afford the new Supra, but it shows that manufactures just aren't hitting the mark for their targets. The FRS/BRZ was off the mark in the fact that it is powerless, and I personally had to have the design grow on me. Now I would personally buy a BRZ and turbocharge that rather than buy a vehicle I can't even stand to look at.

Now all of that could easily change if the production model comes out sexy.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #60
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
If the Scion FR-S had actually looked like the final concept car, I would be saving for one right now. Why? Because it had great, curvy, sexy lines, and had classic sports car proportions. I don't want a box on wheels to drive around, if I wanted a nostalgic car I'd buy an AE or original 510. I hate when car companies try and make new versions of old cars.

I'll just leave you all with some pics of the FRS concept because it's so good looking.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Closed Thread