Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #1
Gearhead9992
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Gearhead9992 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 sr20 harness to s14

OK so I'm going to buy a S13 sr20det type x from my buddy that's coming out of a S13 and going into my s14 is there anyone out here that can take my s14 ka harness with the S13 Sr harness to make it work instead buying a new harness

If there is some that can I can bring some more business as well
Gearhead9992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Use the s13 sr20 harness from the engine and re-wire the chassis harness integration plug that connects under the dash. That should be all you have to do. I'm sure there's many write-ups online on how to wire an s13 sr into an s14.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
Gearhead9992
Leaky Injector

By the way it already has a wiring specialties s13 harness and factory Sr ecu so I just want to convert it to s14
Old 12-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You have to find and splice the red and grey connectors on the s13 sr harness side into the corresponding wires on the s14 chassis.

ive done a lot of looking into this, the wires you need are going to be the same color on both the chassis and harness side its a matter of finding them on the car itself

Check the EL section of both the s13 and s14 fsm

and of course your tach wont work
Old 12-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Gearhead9992
Leaky Injector

Yeah I figured but my tack and speedo don't work anyway I'm sure there is a way to get it working but I'll have to get a new one I'm just waiting on my buddy to pull the motor out of his so while I'm waiting I'm trying to figure everything out so that I'm ready
Old 12-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead9992 View Post
Yeah I figured but my tack and speedo don't work anyway I'm sure there is a way to get it working but I'll have to get a new one I'm just waiting on my buddy to pull the motor out of his so while I'm waiting I'm trying to figure everything out so that I'm ready
find where the engine harness plugs into the chassis
Old 12-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I remember doing this like 10 years ago. The S14 chassis uses an "F3" plug to carry all of the engine harnesses wires into the chassis at pretty much that one single plug.

I made this so long ago

All the years are not the same, 95, 96, 97, 98 chassis wiring in S14 are all different in some ways
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
Gearhead9992
Leaky Injector

So would I be swapping multiple plugs from s13 into one single s14 plug?
Old 12-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #9
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
it isnt many, maybe two or three plugs from the s13 harness, and they are mostly right next to each other. The weirdest part will be all the length you remove- at some point it will hit you that the part of the s13 harness that runs to the engine bay needs to get shortened so that it only goes from the ECU -> F3 plug. So its like several feet of harness you get to remove.

On the other hand, you could leave all that length AND the original plugs, and just curl it up in case somebody wants to use it for an S13 again later. You would then only need to tap into those wires near the computer. The reason this is still more work is because to make a clean tap you need to cut and re-soldier the wire anyways. All wiring needs to be heat shrink + soldier for best results... IMO
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote