Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #1
Brandon240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Brandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Charcoal Canister EVAP on KA Delete

I decided to delete my charcoal canister on my ka. Pulled the hoses from the throttle body and now I’m left with the gas tank vent hose. Obviously will not be plugging this hose wouldn’t be leaving it open either. I was planning on throwing a breather filter on the end of the line but then I noticed there was a line that came up from the frame into the bottom of the canister. After looking into it, it says it is another vent. The way I was thinking it happened was the gas tank was venting to the canister, then canister shit happened sending the vapors to the throttle body then the left over was vented from the canister. Is this correct? If so I was gonna ru the gas tank vent hose to the canister vent hose and just have the gas tank vent like that.

I’ve been searching through threads and can’t find much that helps with this. I keep seeing “plug the line” “attach breather” “leave the canister” or “leave open”. Not one steady opinion. So what do you guys think? My canister is coming out, the question is what’s the best way to vent my gas tank?
Brandon240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
The best way to vent your gas tank is to leave the EVAP system alone. That's why it's there.

If you delete the canister, there's only one line to worry about: the vent coming from the tank.

You can cap it and build pressure in the tank.

Or you can leave it open/breather and your fuel will constantly be evaporating away.

Perhaps you could design some kind of device that keeps the system closed to prevent fuel loss, but selectively burns off the vapors as they accumulate...
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Leave the canister, fucking obviously.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What caused you to delete the canister?
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
ive had mine open venting for 5+ years with no real side effects
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #6
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
If you want to remove it, have at it, if you want to be bitched at for wanting to remove it. Well you've found the right place.

However, search a bit next time and you may avoid getting a bunch of shit posts on your question.

Follow this and you'll be fine;

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=503574

If you have any other small questions that you want some feedback on, try heading over here;

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote