Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
Jonslams14

Trader Rating: (0)
Jonslams14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 subframe bushings issue help needed

Hey guys so I pulled my rear subframe the other day because the energy suspension poly bushings the previous owner installed were crazy loose. Turns out the previous owner cut out all the collars on the front ones and also cut the 6 tabs that hold the bushings in. Is there anything I can do about this or am I hooped.
Any help appreciated Thanks
Jonslams14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Go full solids or get a used subframe and add new polys
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sikky ones are awesome
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
Jonslams14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Go full solids or get a used subframe and add new polys
I street my car alot which is the only reason I don't wanna go solid... are the vibrations / noise really bad with solids?
Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #5
accoupe
Leaky Injector

accoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a noticeable sound difference but it tolerable for street driving, what gets really loud is when you go to solid diff bushings as well lol
accoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #6
Jonslams14

Quote:
Originally Posted by accoupe View Post
Its a noticeable sound difference but it tolerable for street driving, what gets really loud is when you go to solid diff bushings as well lol
Hmm okay, looks like I don't really have a choice at this point hopfully it won't be to bad :/ is it just lots of vibration or noises ? both aha?
Old 02-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #7
ultamaflow
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ultamaflow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Id find a rear subframe, clean it, rust treat it, spray and install new bushings.
ultamaflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:41 PM   #8
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
they used to make nismo subframe bushings back in the day. i think those are discontinued though. I've never had a clean stock subframe so i can't tell you how much more comfortable it is lol. Solid bushings do make more noise and the ride is stiffer for sure. if you want comfort definitely get rubber bushings.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:06 AM   #9
Jonslams14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
they used to make nismo subframe bushings back in the day. i think those are discontinued though. I've never had a clean stock subframe so i can't tell you how much more comfortable it is lol. Solid bushings do make more noise and the ride is stiffer for sure. if you want comfort definitely get rubber bushings.
Yeah that's what I was thinking but thing is I'm from Canada and there's not much around here for subframes lol will be next to impossible to find one
Old 02-06-2017, 07:13 AM   #10
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Solid subframe bushings aren't that bad. A little bit of noise but its very worth it. s14s have plenty of sound deadening that takes a lot of sound and vibrations out. I have PBM subframe risers and would not recommend them if you are just trying to put new bushings in and go. you have to reroute the ebrake cables and do a lot of work to get the cables to not touch the driveshaft. I have heard the sikky ones are great. Hope that helps!
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #11
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
you can still get the nismo subframe bushings

considering what passes for a road in canada its not advisable to use solid anything on a street car
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #12
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I had solid subframe bushing in my last street car. They barely made any noise and this was on some of the shittiest back roads of central Louisiana/east Texas when I was stationed there.

I had SPL bushings, they came with little rubber isolater disks to put between them and the body.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #13
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I think we need pics. I've removed plenty of subframe bushings before and I have no idea what 6 tabs you're talking about. The bushings are pressed into the frame, there are no "tabs" holding them in.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #14
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
g_mac530 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g_mac530
Gktech makes a poly bushing that raises the subframe also. Basically a subframe riser but poly instead of solid

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
g_mac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #15
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonslams14 View Post
I street my car alot which is the only reason I don't wanna go solid... are the vibrations / noise really bad with solids?
You may want to look into the whiteline ones. They are urethane and install like the solid units

{LINK}
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote