Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #31
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
streetfaction super low rail was lowlow
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #32
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
streetfaction super low rail was lowlow
Those are the one's I'd get if I was getting buckets.
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #33
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
HGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My s14 is a sunroof model as well, im 6'0 & I've been running this Bride LF (If im not mistaken) for a couple years and it sits super low! I have no issues with hitting the roof while wearing a helmet.

http://www.frsport.com/Type-LF--Low-Max--Seat-Rail-S13-S14-S15-Passenger-Side_p_12748.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAg5_CBRDo4o6e4o3NtG 0SJAB-IatYIaemAGYY3euj5c921byMoiZK70KgU_uXx06vG3c-xxoC2-Lw_wcB
HGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #34
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ WHOA.

Now that's a low ass rail. Integrated sliders too damn. I've never heard of it before either, odd.

It looks a full 4 or 5 inches lower then your passenger seat lol, shoulders completely below the door. I likey.

Did you need to bash your cat - hump down? I'm assuming yes?

Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited by LockOn!; 12-08-2016 at 10:22 AM..
LockOn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #35
HGs14
Leaky Injector

HGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
^ WHOA.

Now that's a low ass rail. Integrated sliders too damn. I've never heard of it before either, odd.

It looks a full 4 or 5 inches lower then your passenger seat lol, shoulders completely below the door. I likey.

Did you need to bash your cat - hump down? I'm assuming yes?

Thanks for chiming in.
yeah sliders work amazing for how low this thing is and I actually didn't have to bash in anything, direct install after removing the old shitty no name driver side rail I was running for a while. This rail is seriously one of the best things Ive ever bought for this car.
HGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:20 PM   #36
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Pretty low if you can't get the 4x bracket Nagisa lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:23 PM   #37
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Little off topic, but just installed bride fg rails with my pbm buckets seat.... Holy lee fuck... I dropped about 3-4 inches down from a corbeau mount... Had to adjust mirrors insanely and driving view is very odd now... Kind of have to sit up to look over my dmax hood
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #38
Kalem_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Kalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymoreKalem_s13 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Street Fraction FTW!! The bottom of my seat is literally sitting on the floor. Unless your willing to make custom rails you cannot get any lower

Kalem_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #39
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
So I ended up picking up a cheap FG rail, damaged packaging, score.

It's visibly lower then the Nagisa in my car currently.

I'll be installing with measurements to verify just how much this Saturday, but I can now with confirm Nagisa rails no longer mirror FGs as people used to report.

I've purchased the Nagisa system in 2009, another in 2011, and finally this one in 2016. The design definitely changed in late 2011. The profile is parallel to the ground instead of leaned back like the Bride FG and Street Faction rails.

Street faction was a close second, but I wanted to retain sliders.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #40
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalem_s13 View Post
Street Fraction FTW!! The bottom of my seat is literally sitting on the floor. Unless your willing to make custom rails you cannot get any lower

fun fact that zeta/neos you have is no 10 made of the new design super cool!!!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #41
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I'm amused that this is surprising to anyone. The nagisa rails were never actually low to the best of my knowledge. The lowest rails with sliders have ALWAYS been the Bride ones. The only problem is they put the seat at a crazy angle.
I use slightly modified planted seat brackets with no sliders on my bucket and managed to sit it basically on the floor, lowest seat I've ever sat in. In my experience the ONLY way to get the seat actually low without the wacky bride angle is to modify some brackets to suit your particular needs and run without sliders.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #42
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
The nagisa rails were never actually low to the best of my knowledge.
They most definitely were low at one point. Both the rails I've purchased pre revision were able to put my seat so low that I couldn't slide it back and fourth because it was jammed into the carpet.

Quote:
The lowest rails with sliders have ALWAYS been the Bride ones. The only problem is they put the seat at a crazy angle.
You are right about the gangster lean angle on the bracket being the way they actually achieve the lowness though. For me its great because I prefer a fairly reclined position anyway. Looks like Street Faction solid mounts have the lean going on too.

Nagisa old versions sat like

/***---..._ (rear)

and the new ones are like

/******|_
Old 12-22-2016, 09:13 PM   #43
joshg51
Zilvia Member

joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Bride FG in my S13 with sunroof and my helmet doesnt touch the top and I'm about 5'11". The only thing is they wont take a fat boy seat like a Sparco XL. for something like that run a planted super low bracket. Fits wide seats but i dunno if it can take sliders.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #44
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
They most definitely were low at one point. Both the rails I've purchased pre revision were able to put my seat so low that I couldn't slide it back and fourth because it was jammed into the carpet.

You are right about the gangster lean angle on the bracket being the way they actually achieve the lowness though. For me its great because I prefer a fairly reclined position anyway. Looks like Street Faction solid mounts have the lean going on too.

Nagisa old versions sat like

/***---..._ (rear)

and the new ones are like

/******|_
I just seem to remember hearing this complaint about the nagisa rails for years now, maybe it was after 2011 though. I also like my seat leaned back, but the bride's are just too much for my taste. I seriously don't understand why so many companies make their rails so high. It's not that hard to measure some shit and get it right.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #45
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
It's not that hard to measure some shit and get it right.
I bet its from customer complaints because the seat jams up if you don't bash the trans tunnel. I can see how FGs would a make a seat drag at the lowest setting, but with the higher rear mounting points, they trade the complaints of "My seat doesn't fit at all" to, "My seat fits but sits too high".

Okay, now I have images to back up my assumptions.

Bride FG Rails first

And now NAMs. Significantly higher at the rearward mounting points.

and a quick side by side

Interestingly enough, the Bride FGs with the rake only end up sitting about a half inch to an inch lower then the NAMs when installed. The sliders on the Brides are significantly higher quality (and has double locks), but does position the seat closer to the door, which is a little irritating.

Now you know. At my height (5'10") its pretty much break even, I'd just go with the Brides if you prefer the gangster lean. Any taller and you will probably need the Brides. If you are shorter then or right at 5'10" and prefer a more "proper" seating position the NAMs are fine.

For reference I am in an s14 with sunroof.

Last edited by LockOn!; 12-27-2016 at 10:22 AM..
LockOn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #46
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I guess I should go measure my "old style" NAMS rail.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #47
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
Has anyone tried the Recaro seat rails? The part number is LH - 2081.088.1 and they're only sold in the Japan market. You can get them through Nengun (or importers):

It looks like these are the " /******|_ " type rails so probably not as low as the Bride FG type that have that gangster lean which I don't want. Not to mention you can always get L brackets that you can flip.

Anyways, I bring up the Recaros because they probably have the smoothest oem-quality sliders of all of the options. And a big sell for me is having the lock lever that goes across instead of the floppy levers on the side like the Bride FG. I'm only 5' 6" but I still want to be lower than stock.

So anyone?
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #48
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
we end up having to make custom ones for the taller drivers that bring us cars for cages cage.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #49
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junkie View Post
Has anyone tried the Recaro seat rails? The part number is LH - 2081.088.1 and they're only sold in the Japan market. You can get them through Nengun (or importers):

It looks like these are the " /******|_ " type rails so probably not as low as the Bride FG type that have that gangster lean which I don't want. Not to mention you can always get L brackets that you can flip.

Anyways, I bring up the Recaros because they probably have the smoothest oem-quality sliders of all of the options. And a big sell for me is having the lock lever that goes across instead of the floppy levers on the side like the Bride FG. I'm only 5' 6" but I still want to be lower than stock.

So anyone?
Dual locking design too.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #50
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Hmm not seeing how the seat bolts to the rail which is an important factor.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #51
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Dual locking design too.
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hmm not seeing how the seat bolts to the rail which is an important factor.
The seat doesn't bolt to the rail, the L brackets do. And they bolt on the same way any other L bracket bolts on to rails.

Btw these are the side mounts (L brackets) for the wider pole position. If i were to use a recaro mount I would use the one for the SPG which is what I have.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:18 PM   #52
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Those look ok, but they're similar to Buddy Club in the sense that you can't flip the brackets and go really low because of the slider handle.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #53
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

I'm 5' 6" and flipping the brackets would put me way too low. I've sat in my friends S14 with FGs and Bride seat. The brackets are not flipped and it's about as low as I would sit while still being able to look over the dash. The lean angle is just too gangster for me though.

Here is what I think the situation is:

1: The height on the front of the rail is limited by the exhaust hump on the floor. I think pretty much all rails are as low as possible here.

2: the rear height of the rails has more freedom in how low it can go because it doesn't have anything in the way. And there seems to be two typical designs

2a: There is the lower design like the Bride FG which allows you to mount the REAR of the seat lower. The issue with this is that this sets the seat angle well past ideal. Even when you mount the rear on the top slots of the bracket and the front on the low slots on the bracket. This might be different if you flip the front/rear brackets but then if you do you would have to be pretty tall to see over the dash. Taller than what is ideal for typical Bride seats anyways. This rail angle also makes it so that the height of the seat changes based on where the rail is slid (forward is higher than rear) which is dumb.

2b: The other style is the " /******|_ " like the Recaro where the front is as slow as the Bride FG but the rear is higher. one could still mount typical buckets between the rails with different mounts but it simply wont mount the seat as low as the FG. Especially because you can't flip the front brackets. You can flip the rears but im not sure how low you could make that before going full gangster lean. Another advantage is that the seat height wont change when you slide back and forth. For someone who's Japanese height like me, the extra height is perfectly fine. Especially if they use a smaller seat with a lower position like the TS-G (which I want to get) or any of the Low Max-type Brides.

I probably will end up getting the Recaro rails. Another friend of mine had some old ones on his FC and they slid and locked just like OEM. Felt good. And I really like the lock lever that goes across.

Last edited by Speed Junkie; 01-19-2017 at 09:46 AM..
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #54
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I'm 5'8" and want my seat as low as possible lol.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #55
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

I ended up finding some decent photos. This ones a Recaro Pro Racer on Bride FG rails. Btw the Pro Racer has the same shell dimensions as the SPG. The front bolt is already on the lowest slot so if you raised the rear to fix the rear the seat would be just as high as on the higher rails.

Then there's this guy. It's from a FS thread here where he was selling the seats (SPG) but he didn't say anything about the rail. I PMed him but he hasn't replied. It looks like a Recaro-type rail.

And then finally this one. Different forum but again using Recaro SPG side mounts on some kind of Recaro-type rail with the locking lever that goes across. They really don't look bad in terms of height if they are in fact Recaro rails.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #56
t3chnique
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
t3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
This is the best seat thread on the forum. Just ordered the 4x slotted L brackets to replace single my 2x large brackets for lower driving position. Will update after installing
t3chnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:33 AM   #57
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Yeah I ended up ordering LH-2081.088.1. It's shipping out today so hopefully it will be here in a week. Also ordered the Recaro SPG FIA side mounts (just like the ones above) but I also ordered the Japan only "offset mounts" that I apparently might need in order for the seat to be truly centered on the wheel. You can find these in the Recaro Japan website and reading through the application description. I will keep which ever one works best and sell the other set. I will also post some photos once I get everything installed.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #58
t3chnique
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
t3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
So i wasn't able to get the seat any lower even after getting the individual 4x L brackets and I realize it's because of my seat design. I have a Recaro SPG which has the rear mounting hole higher than the front one. So when I tired flipping the brackets under the rail, it put the seat at an insane gangster lean angle and I couldn't bolt the fronts down lol.

Pic for reference:

So I picked up an Planted bracket like the one below, which ditches the sliders and now my seat is about .75" lower than before. I'm happy with it for now..

If you want low low with sliders, Bride Type LF and LR appear to be the lowest. Or those Wisteria ones from Japan which require you to remove the carpet lol. Bride FGs are about the same as the Circuit Sport ones.

If you want low low no sliders, get Street Faction or custom. /thread
t3chnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:16 AM   #59
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Could you maybe have flipped the front L brackets as well? Or did the design of the rail not allow that?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:37 AM   #60
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Bride FX rails dont have silders( i sit all the way back anyways) and looks to be super super low and fia approved.. im gonna try these out!

RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote