Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
koukidriver
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
koukidriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to koukidriver
Great news to those Die Hard "KA24"ers. Tomei imports a US 240sx for KA24 Development

Here is the link:

Tomei Insider: USDM 240SX arrives in Japan! | Tomei Powered
koukidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Wow this should be epic
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I saw this on the KA-T forums first. Seems like they are not too excited. The biggest concern is if they can produce parts for a great price for the level of quality they are known for on the SR.

Many of them think that American companies are doing quite well with the KA platform and Tomei is a too late to really get people to buy their parts. Opinions?

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Socal_sil80
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (39)
Socal_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It's pretty exciting news but from the article it seems they're not gonna invest too much in R&D on the platform. They say its more a project for the younger guys working there. Still very cool in my opinion though. It doesn't hurt to add more support for the KA.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
10 years too late
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i got excited as well, but yeah, too late, especially since the motor isnt even production anymore.

but im interested to see where they go with this and what they come up with.

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Oh what!! F YEAH!
More stuff for the KA-T is certainly good news to me.
There is really no shortage of parts to start a KA-T... but there's diffidently some things that we have few options on. I would LOVE to see Tomei make a headgasket for the KA. Our current options are the Iffy cometic and the Cosworth (which I haven't seen anyone use).

I would also love to see them make a bottom mount pulse-divided manifold for the KA like the SR.

We will see. But this can't hurt!
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
I saw this on the KA-T forums first. Seems like they are not too excited. The biggest concern is if they can produce parts for a great price for the level of quality they are known for on the SR.

Many of them think that American companies are doing quite well with the KA platform and Tomei is a too late to really get people to buy their parts. Opinions?
I have a KA-T that was possible with a ton of knowledge from those guys.
But the culture over there is to build the block, get a top mount manifold, a t3/t4 turbo and call it a day.

Im using an Xcessive top mount setup with a t3/t4 .50 trim turbo, and to tell you the truth i find it boring. Im going bottom mount and I have a GTX2867r that im running, and as far as I know I am the only one on those forums who's going to be running one. I told my buddy who is also a KA-T junky and he said why spend the cash? He would just use a $300 holset turbo and call it a day.

Most are happy with good old'proven tech, and that's fine.
There are a lot of options for top mount manifolds for the KA, but you will not find a twin-scroll-ready manifold outside of the $$$$ full race. And bottom mount options are the DOC race one, or the Ebay-caliber ones like Isis and so on. But a bottom mounted pulse-divided manifold like the Tomei would be awesome.
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Neva too late! Smart move.. Too bad i tossed my KA in the trash!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Maybe they will build a set of adjustable cam gears that are worth a shit...I wanna be exact with my degreeing not just "close"....tomei hg sounds neato...maybe a huge throttle body that retains oem tps....I could prob name a few other things...solid lifters maybe?
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Tomei should just build a brand new universal engine that can be easily swapped into any car.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ Liked.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
unless the make carblegal stuff kits, which i doubt. me no care.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Nvm.........................
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post

Some of the guys on there are a bit snobbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal_sil80 View Post
It's pretty exciting news but from the article it seems they're not gonna invest too much in R&D on the platform. They say its more a project for the younger guys working there. Still very cool in my opinion though. It doesn't hurt to add more support for the KA.
true it cant hurt, have you seen how affordable their cams are for the sr engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Neva too late! Smart move.. Too bad i tossed my KA in the trash!
agree, except I would never have tossed mine in the trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Tomei should just build a brand new universal engine that can be easily swapped into any car.
That would be even more expensive then their crate engines.

I am looking forward to this stuff. It doesnt really matter that the engine is out of production, KAs are like Frank's RedHot, Nissan put that shit in everything in the 90s.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I don't see how a respected company deciding to develop parts is a bad thing...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Yeah I don't care if it's considered "late", Tomei has some of the best parts available and are throwing us a bone, I'll take it lol. Just imagine a Tomei crate KA26DET, might actually get power and some reliability.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
AznB_Boy89
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AznB_Boy89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Full Tomei KA turbo kit in the future? lol
AznB_Boy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
10 years too late
yep, plus, lots of people who keep KA's don't have the $ to spend on Tomei parts (pistons come to mind)
Old 10-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah, don't expect much out of this as Bee*R and Yashio Factory have both done this and Trashed the project because its pointless!!!!!

At best you get some trinket parts.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
tub53025

tub53025 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznB_Boy89 View Post
Full Tomei KA turbo kit in the future? lol
i better start saving now haha
tub53025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
i though people want to always de-stroke/different pistons in a KA and make it a 2.2L(ish) or close to that to handle high(er) RPMs...

maybe a new crank and bottom end setup is comming, if they decide to take the project on.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post
i though people want to always de-stroke/different pistons in a KA and make it a 2.2L(ish) or close to that to handle high(er) RPMs...

maybe a new crank and bottom end setup is comming, if they decide to take the project on.
This is untrue. People boost the KA because it's readily available, has more displacement, and the high stroke produces low-mid end torque that people when boosting KA's.

Only people I've seen using de-stroker kits are about two or three attack guys.

I would also like to add that I would be extremely disappointed if Tomei decided to go the de-stroke route with the KA :'(. Sad Panda all day.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
As I said....damn cam gears
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
That would be even more expensive then their crate engines.
But worth it. It would be like having a new car.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #26
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
it would be neat to see Tomei build a manifold for a KA, makes their SR turbo kits bolt up then and only have to worry about the lines being routed a little different.
Also a Tomei oil pan, cams and cam gears. and to see them devolp a tune for the KA on their Rytec system.

I have a SR but I'm finding myself buy more and more Tomei gear and decided to buy their 2.2L stoker kit, if I buy another 240 and they have parts for the KA on the go I would totally rock their gear, the quality is there to keep people like me repeat customers
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #27
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
Heard about this from a friend. I'd actually like to have some tomei parts on my ka. I'm excited for it but I probably won't be able to afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #28
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
sweet, cant wait to see what they produce, late or not this should give some hope for us die hard KA24DEr's
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #29
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
great idea just 10 years too late.
if it was megan racing making more stuff for KA24 it
would make sense, for tomei to make stuff for a old motor doesn't.
when it comes to manufacturering, most of the cost is tooling and R&D.
if I were Tomei manager I would rather make engine
parts for LSX.
like last year SEMA I saw a Dry Carbon intake manifold for LS motor that make
sense.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #30
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Yeah, don't expect much out of this as Bee*R and Yashio Factory have both done this and Trashed the project because its pointless!!!!!

At best you get some trinket parts.
I fucking love trinkets.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote