Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #20851
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are you supposed to be able to use your S13 caliper bolts when using Z32 calipers front and rear. Seems like some people have problems with their stock bolts being too long but not everyone. I don't particularly like the idea of using extra washers.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2017, 02:00 AM   #20852
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JayJay240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Did you say "oh" instead of "zero"?? Looks like the correct part number to me.

Yeah the guy misheard after i asked him like 3 more times the problem was the "S" in 07S00, he thought it was an "F", i had found that part # before too but since he said it didnt exist i assumed i found the wrong one, all done and ordered, thanks for your help, my B for the frustration, although i did say thanks lol
JayJay240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:01 AM   #20853
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

JayJay240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro240 View Post
That's because it is the correct part number... Right from FAST...

Thanks, youre right it is
JayJay240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:20 AM   #20854
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyboy View Post
Hey guys, I did my research but just want to make sure before I start my search. I am looking into getting a jdm kouki headlight over the usdm one. Based upon what I searched, if I get the jdm one I would pretty much have to open it up and retrofit it because the beam pattern is different for our cars. But if I got the euro one, the beam pattern is the same as the US cars, is that true?
bump?
For an s14 headlight
Old 03-16-2017, 07:54 AM   #20855
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Has any one wired up a custom gauge cluster with turn signals on here .. all I need to know is where are you guys getting the turn signal (+) from ? From the headlight stock or from the OEM sub harness ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #20856
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Installed a gktech s14 throttle pulley on my s13 sr (Greddy intake manifold) and ran into this issue. (No place for the spring to catch onto the wheel. Has anybody else ran into this issue?

there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #20857
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Installed a gktech s14 throttle pulley on my s13 sr (Greddy intake manifold) and ran into this issue. (No place for the spring to catch onto the wheel. Has anybody else ran into this issue?
Yeah, you got the wrong part. You needed an S13 throttle pulley. It's shaped different and would actually align with the cable instead of being off center.

S13 pulley, from the GKTECH website:

LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:34 AM   #20858
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
It's suggested that you use the s14 throttle pulley on the s13 if you're using the stock bracket. I'm just waiting on my bracket to come in at the moment. The custom bracket that I had the cable at an odd angle.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #20859
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Sorry for the crappy pic but this was mid install. The cable lines up perfectly but there's just no place for the spring to attach to.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #20860
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Sorry for the crappy pic but this was mid install. The cable lines up perfectly but there's just no place for the spring to attach to.
Yeah, S14 doesn't accept the spring, you need an S13 pulley. Not sure why such a thing would be recommended. GKTECH's website says the S14a/S15 pulley won't fit S13 or even early model S14 SRs. See if they will exchange it.
Quote:
- Confirmed fitment for VCT SR20's fitted in S14a's and S15's. This wheel will NOT fit non VCT motors (aka S13) or Series 1 S14's.
The pic of the S13 pulley I posted above has a place for the spring.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #20861
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

I'll shoot you a pm
Old 03-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #20862
tomtom8228

tomtom8228 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Seems lame to ask, but i need to remove the steering wheel from an s13, and after removing all the bolts and big center nut, i still cant get it off. I"ve been wiggling and pulling on it like a mother fucker and still cant get it off. I even put a bearing puller on it and cant seem to get it off

When we took my replacement wheel off at the yard, all we did was take the center nut off and wiggle it of.

Yall got any suggestions?

Put the center nut on a couple threads and put the seat forward. Put your purse in the passenger seat. Place your knees behind the wheel and give it some love.

tomtom8228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #20863
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Long story short, after putting my SR back together my phone broke and lost few pics I took of the head. I put everything back together using some info. Noticed my valvetrain was rather noisy after running for a bit and few start ups.

Take things apart to re-bleed lifters and notice I have 2 broken rocker arm guides (u) on the exhaust side. I must have put them in the wrong spot/valve. Is there a stock guide size to
replace these 2 with or will I have to take some measurements? Stock valvetrain/SR.
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #20864
FMFsx
Leaky Injector

FMFsx is an unknown quantity at this point
So I searched for this topic and couldn't find it but if you know it exists please send me the link. Now the nitty gritty, lately I've been looking for a new 240sx I'll be moving on Tommy 4th now. Mileage hasn't bothered me until now because I'm looking for a low mile coupe and it seems people rollback the odo which I previously knew about already but didn't care . However I'm looking to buy a legit low mile coupe. Is there any way I can tell if it's been rolled back? I know you can do stuff with car fax like mileage reports but am I just sol on this?
FMFsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #20865
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^Carfax is your best bet, with these cars there probably won't be a lot of recent records and info, but if you live in a state where emmision tests are required you will see mileage for the inspection. My buddy just overpaid for a mid 2000's 100k mile Chevy truck, I checked it out and did some work for him. I was skeptical of the mileage because of how many suspension components I needed to replace. Told him to check the carfax on it because he didn't when he bought it, truck had just had an inspection a few months back with over 100 thousand more miles than the odometer showed! Truck has around 230k, it's clean though so hard to tell. It pays to check the carfax!!! Hahah
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #20866
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Approximately how much does a bare sr block and crank weigh together?
Old 03-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #20867
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Approximately how much does a bare sr block and crank weigh together?
Approx good enough? 70lbs bare block. 40lbs bare crank.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #20868
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Approx good enough? 70lbs bare block. 40lbs bare crank.

Man, i dunno, i think the crank is at least 50+ pounds

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #20869
FMFsx
Leaky Injector

So I found a 240sx with "1 owner" but I didn't believe it so they sent me the carfax and it says 6 time new owner reported. I feel like common sense is kicking in and it obviously means the car was sold and bought from somebody else. I brought this up to the seller and they continue to argue it's a 1 owner car... so I'm asking does it mean it actually had a new owner and this guy doesn't want to admit it or maybe a clarical error or I'm just reading wrong.?
Old 03-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #20870
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
The carfax on mine says I'm the 7th owner. What's odd about it is that it was supposedly passed back and forth between two people. So I might be the 3rd actual owner. Not really sure.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:43 PM   #20871
FMFsx
Leaky Injector

Yeah that's weird hus carfax says one owner but the tittle was moved 6 times..
Old 03-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #20872
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Title transfers might show up as new owners, so if he leased it, then bought it and financed it, then paid it off, that might show up as 3 transfers. At least that's how I think it works.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #20873
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Man, i dunno, i think the crank is at least 50+ pounds

I took that from Mazworx...

"Mazworx SR20 92mm Crankshaft - 30.4 lbs, 10 lbs ligher than factory 8 counterweight crank"
Old 03-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #20874
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFsx View Post
So I found a 240sx with "1 owner" but I didn't believe it so they sent me the carfax and it says 6 time new owner reported. I feel like common sense is kicking in and it obviously means the car was sold and bought from somebody else. I brought this up to the seller and they continue to argue it's a 1 owner car... so I'm asking does it mean it actually had a new owner and this guy doesn't want to admit it or maybe a clarical error or I'm just reading wrong.?
I was the second owner of a car, and ran a carfax when I was going to sell it. Carfax flagged it as 5 owners. I can see the move to a new state, but even plate renewals seemed to flag as a "new" owner.

Carfax is okay, but it's not fool proof. I even had one car with a clean report when I bought it, but magically had an accident with "frame damage" from before I bought it added to the report by the time I went to sell it. That's when I learned their buyback guarantee is bull.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #20875
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Yea, accidents only show up when there's a police report or insurance claim. Mine has a clean title, but it clearly has had some minimal front end damage. Didn't even see it when I bought it.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #20876
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I took that from Mazworx...

"Mazworx SR20 92mm Crankshaft - 30.4 lbs, 10 lbs ligher than factory 8 counterweight crank"

Cool, i guess i just thought it was heavier than it is because it is kinda awkward to carry. Looking back, it was not difficult to care the crank and block together, so im mistaken

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #20877
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The ignitor chip on an S14 SR, where does the bracket typically bolt up to?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:28 AM   #20878
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
The ignitor chip on an S14 SR, where does the bracket typically bolt up to?
Stock Silvia has the bracket on the left shock tower, on a swapped 240SX, the bracket can be mounted on the right shock tower. There might be some plastic caps covering threaded nuts where it fits perfectly. I think I had to put the bracket upside down. Then I had to figure out a different way to mount the wastegate solenoid since that had to stay on the left side near the turbo.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #20879
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a thread that has diy or cool mods people have done? I like seeing custom one off, smack your forehead because you didn't think of it sort of things. Not looking for junk haggard shit though hahaha
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:39 PM   #20880
FMFsx
Leaky Injector

For a twotone coupe does the trunk match the outside of the car? I found a KG1 ( platinum blue ) two tone and the truck pan is white ...