Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
BC240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
BC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why does my 240 feel like it has Vtec?

Its very noticable 1st and 2nd gear.. I'll hit 4k and ill feel a noticable surge, its not a smooth delivery.. The car is running really good otherwise. I had a similar feeling when my fuel pump was dying.

Could this be because I have 3 inch catback but haven't replaced my stock headers/cat yet?
BC240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Hitting the top of your torque band?

lol.,
Old 06-27-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Because that's where your powerband is.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #4
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Go go Power Rangers!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 AM   #5
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Power= vtec....lmfao.
Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Besides, why do people think VTEC is some sort of surge? All it really is are the cam lobes moving to a slightly different position.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:53 AM   #7
BC240
Zilvia Junkie

BC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enough
Ive had the car a year, hasnt always been like this or I wouldnt have posted something about it, its not really like VTEC Im just joking around.

it just feels a bit abnormal, like a fuel delivery problem, maybe im just looking for something to go wrong
Old 06-27-2007, 02:03 AM   #8
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
Yeah you are looking for stuff to go wrong.

Especially with your other thread asking about why your exhaust note "sounded deeper" after your cleaned your intake manifold.

You ask these vague questions like people know your car as well as you do.

WTF. Just relax and drive the shit until something breaks.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 AM   #9
BC240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakindrifts View Post
Yeah you are looking for stuff to go wrong.

Especially with your other thread asking about why your exhaust note "sounded deeper" after your cleaned your intake manifold.

You ask these vague questions like people know your car as well as you do.

WTF. Just relax and drive the shit until something breaks.
You're right.. they are vague. Im a car hypocondriac.. I used to own Fords, do you blame me ?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:37 AM   #10
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Butterfly valve opening up if you're driving an S13. If you're driving an S14, could be you're O2 sensor not functioning right in the low rpms.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 AM   #11
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
ive said the same thing jokingly... but its because i have a slipping clutch
Old 06-27-2007, 05:37 AM   #12
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
B16 Swap?
msg
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #13
SILVIA_KIDs14.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC240 View Post
Its very noticable 1st and 2nd gear.. I'll hit 4k and ill feel a noticable surge, its not a smooth delivery.. The car is running really good otherwise. I had a similar feeling when my fuel pump was dying.

Could this be because I have 3 inch catback but haven't replaced my stock headers/cat yet?
sounds like timing issues
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #14
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
F20 swap for the win. The new Nonda 200040sx
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #15
Taiden
Zilvia Member

Taiden will become famous soon enoughTaiden will become famous soon enoughTaiden will become famous soon enough
maybe someone put a B16 head on your KA
Taiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #16
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC240 View Post

because you miss your civic?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #17
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Make sure your S14 doesnt have a GSR head cuz if it does then you bought a SE VTEC!!

*EDIT*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
maybe someone put a B16 head on your KA
damn it you beat me to it.lol

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:24 PM   #18
Lordrandall
Zilvia Member

Lordrandall is making a name for him/her selfLordrandall is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via ICQ to Lordrandall Send a message via AIM to Lordrandall Send a message via MSN to Lordrandall Send a message via Yahoo to Lordrandall
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Butterfly valve opening up if you're driving an S13. If you're driving an S14, could be you're O2 sensor not functioning right in the low rpms.
RPM
Old 06-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #19
DriftSwift
Zilvia Member

DriftSwift will become famous soon enoughDriftSwift will become famous soon enoughDriftSwift will become famous soon enoughDriftSwift will become famous soon enoughDriftSwift will become famous soon enough
Hey dont worry it is the Torque band lol that is funny though and its not vtec its the timing i got it in my car bkuz i advanced the timing its normal so dont worry about it. -= i also returned it back to normal after awhile=- so dont trip and just drive, also like they said just drive it til sumthing breaks then you know not to do it anymore.
Team Outkast
Kai
DriftSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:52 AM   #20
JSpecBnr32
Zilvia Junkie

JSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud ofJSpecBnr32 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to JSpecBnr32 Send a message via MSN to JSpecBnr32
cause i bet u use to own a honda
Old 06-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #21
Not_Nissan
Zilvia Junkie

Not_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of light
vtec is over rated!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #22
pEcHeP
Leaky Injector

pEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pEcHeP
yeh...
Old 06-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #23
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This could be the thread of the year.
Dirty Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #24
jflo

jflo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jflo
a friend told me that it could be the TPS...like it's you're gassing it and no power, then a sec later there's a huge surge.
jflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #25
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
stock timing - sr

search freshalloy...

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote