Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
ocn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ocn is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no power steer.. drifting

today my powersteering hose blew out after fixing it.. so i said fuck it for now and removed the belt .... now somewhere on here i read there are a few of you who drift with no power steering how the fuck.. i give you props on that shit because i feel like ima wreck my shit.
ocn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
nicku
Zilvia Junkie

nicku will become famous soon enoughnicku will become famous soon enoughnicku will become famous soon enoughnicku will become famous soon enoughnicku will become famous soon enough
tried once....i am not an expert on drifting yet..but my first event I went without power steering....i had hard time passing figure 8
Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #3
brian m
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
brian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Keep your thumbs out of the middle the wheel, the snap will break them.
brian m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
You're a dumb ass negus.

Fix your shit.

Don't be a fucktard.

Negus these days...
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #5
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You're a dumb ass king.

Fix your shit.

Don't be a fucktard.

Kings these days...

WTF?
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #6
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsFCSvqsqFA[/ame]
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #7
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
You're a dumb ass negus.

Fix your shit.

Don't be a fucktard.

Negus these days...
For allt he dumb negus.

Main Entry:
1ne·gus
Pronunciation:
\ˈnē-gəs, ni-ˈgüs\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Amharic nəgus, from Geez nĕgūša nagašt king of kings
Date:

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 AM   #8
ocn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You're a dumb ass negus.

Fix your shit.

Don't be a fucktard.

Negus these days...

hey hey calm down. . . no need for crazy ass hostility ill fix it when i get the money to.. in the mean time.. ^^^ see my above post that is all i was sayin .. damn
Old 07-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #9
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Dude, you live in cali. Shit is less than 100 to fix EASY.

As the great Jon Wayne once said, if you can't afford a 240, you should catch the bus.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #10
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Quote:

As the great Jon Wayne once said, if you can't afford a 240, you should catch the bus.
I fixed mine for $20.. woo hoo

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:02 AM   #11
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It sucks. Transitions are a bitch. And you will break your thumbs or loose your nail!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:14 AM   #12
ocn
Zilvia Member

Quote:

your right i do live in cali. . .and have a wife and child an yes i can fix it that of which i have b4 but the hose blew out again.. so i need to order the actual sr pwr steering hose because im tired of fixing it 2nd i figured i would just wait seeing how in nov ill be livin in japan for then next 4yrs i figured i can wait an pick up all the shit i want an ship it back to my parents. . .ill have them hold my car in my state of residencey WA and pick up a skyline gtr r34 becuase that is what im currently working on. . can i afford a 240sx sr yes and i did. . but my nation is callin me to japan, thank you military.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #13
!Zar!
Post Whore!

So...

Did the wife come before or after the kid?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #14
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Japan isnt all that great being in the military (as a civilian hells yes).....R34s are still expensive there... And even more expensive to get registered in your name. Don't plan on bringing it back either...

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #15
ocn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
Japan isnt all that great being in the military.....R34s are still expensive. And even more expensive to get registered in your name. Don't plan on bringing it back either...

im not really worried about it .. i got money ready and saved.. i can infact bring it back.. 1 of 2 ways : 1 bring it back as race only veh, egh whats the fun in that.. or 2 pay the gawd awful fees that come along with bringing it to the us an im not talking threw motrex cuz they are a money landering gigantic pyramind schyme.. i found plenty of other companies that are willing to do it... i have been researching and doin my homework for a while.. my wife wants to get it and bring it back too.. so that i will try my best
Old 07-22-2008, 02:30 AM   #16
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
You should research a little more, as it isnt as easy as you think. Talk to the people that have had their REGISTERED US CARS taken, or the ppl that have cars from Japan still sitting at the docks...and it has been over a year. After just being over there for 4 years myself, I have a little more knowledge on the subject than you.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 07-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #17
ocn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You should research a little more, as it isnt as easy as you think. Talk to the people that have had their REGISTERED US CARS taken, or the ppl that have cars from Japan still sitting at the docks...and it has been over a year.

and if all else fails ill just sell it an bring back an r33. . which are much easier so i hear
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 AM   #18
jbuckley
BANNED

jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
how did the hose blow after you fixed it???
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 AM   #19
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
and if all else fails ill just sell it an bring back an r33. . which are much easier so i hear
I dont have the link to the write up, but a guy in TX had homeland security come to his house, and take his registered skyline...just don't be heartbroken when they say no....or you pay $15K on top of shipping fees and the cars purchase, only to have it seized in port.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 07-22-2008, 02:38 AM   #20
jbuckley
BANNED

jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
http://gtrusa.blogspot.com/2008/06/r...-in-texas.html

just googled it , its on nicoclub or something right?
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #21
ocn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuckley View Post
how did the hose blow after you fixed it???

i just bought new hose that damn near matched the old one but the pressure put a hole in it..

that suck about the guy in TX
Old 07-22-2008, 04:20 AM   #22
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuckley View Post
http://gtrusa.blogspot.com/2008/06/r...-in-texas.html

just googled it , its on nicoclub or something right?

Your tax dollars hard at work. That's just a flat out burn. The sadder part is, there is absolutely nothing he can do.

Try and buy a rolling shell and rebuild it. It'll probably be cheaper.
neverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:57 AM   #23
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Japan isnt all that great being in the military (as a civilian hells yes).....R34s are still expensive there... And even more expensive to get registered in your name. Don't plan on bringing it back either...
Okinawa is the worst especially now (For Military)
Main land is better since they have actual tracks and they dont seem to care as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
well its cheaper to obtain yes, probably 3 - 3 1/2K for an R33

still gonna be just as expensive to bring it and "register it"

Quote:
I dont have the link to the write up, but a guy in TX had homeland security come to his house, and take his registered skyline...just don't be heartbroken when they say no....or you pay $15K on top of shipping fees and the cars purchase, only to have it seized in port.
Be sure to stay away from MotorRex if they are still in bussiness, I heard way too many horror stories about them.

I heard some loop holes about if you PCS from Japan to England then to the states the military will bring your car for you
but this was 2 years ago
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #24
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
wow we went from drifting without powersteering to talking about importing skylines. As for the original topic drifting without powersteering is just dumb its more work for you leaveing greater chances for mistakes. fi you can affored to work on a skyline you can affored to replace powersteering components that wouldnt cost more than 50 bucks.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #25
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
So OP where in japan are you moving to... or did i miss that??
Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #26
ocn
Zilvia Member

yakota japan
Old 07-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #27
brian m
Zilvia Member

brian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond repute
Yokota. Nice, haven't been there in 13yrs. damn I'm old. I even heard they have more than one signal light there now!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #28
DriftMUH
Leaky Injector

DriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of light
yea id fix that power steering, i mean u could leave it out and get really big triceps and forearms.. that would be cool too
DriftMUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #29
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
lol yea a few more haha

yokota huh... nice those guys get to the track all the time (ebisu/nikko).. i'm sure you'll love it
Old 07-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #30
brian m
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ggalant View Post
lol yea a few more haha

yokota huh... nice those guys get to the track all the time (ebisu/nikko).. i'm sure you'll love it

You say it like it's that much farther for you. At least you're not in Oki