Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
KrugNCSU

Trader Rating: (0)
KrugNCSU is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 What inexpensive clutch to get

Hey guys I haven't posted here in a long time but I've been reading this site since it started. Anyways I have a 91 FB with about 115k bone stock miles on it. I'm pretty sure my clutch is going bad cause its the factory original and is not allowing me to go into gear. The pedal feels real light buts its not sticking and I replaced the slave and master last year.

Anyways It looks like I'm getting a new clutch and I don' t plan on owning my car for more than another 40k miles at most and I'm paying for my own college so money is HUGE.

Seems as though my options are:
Duralast Clutch Kit from AutoZone $117
Perfection Hytest Kit from AdvancedAuto $113
Any other better inexpensive clutch?

I don't know anything about these so if there is a decent and inexpensive (under $175) clutch out there point me to it please!

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
ace240sx
Leaky Injector

ace240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Just buy a clutch disc, and no pressure plate.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
KrugNCSU

Why is that? I would think that it would all need replacing if its all 115k miles old. Oh forgot to mention when I try to push it into gear it makes a high pitched buzzing sound, you can tell its something rubbing.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Yeah it would be best to replace both...
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
KrugNCSU

How are the $100-125 Exedy Kits i see on ebay? About the same as the others?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #6
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Dakien/Exedy is a very good brand

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #7
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Exedy clutches are good, but I heard ad things about there factory replacements (search)
Old 03-28-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
I put in a perfection clutch in my car, wasnt bad for the money, my friend's dad is an employee so i got it for like 60 bucks.
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #9
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
yeah stock complete replacement ...exedy have the same clutch i replaced 2 years ago
Old 03-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Exedy makes the OEM clutches. The Exedy stock replacments are just branded. You should be able to get the stock kit for cheap. I was quoted $49 for the clutch, pressure plate and TOB. But, I think the dealer is a little more.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:49 PM   #11
The Hamsterball
Zilvia Member

The Hamsterball is making a name for him/her selfThe Hamsterball is making a name for him/her self
I have an Exedy-Daikin OEM replacement kit on my car.

It's just fine. No problems with it as far as slipping or anything.
It's lighter than my old clutch though (i don't even know what the hell it was).

I believe nissan uses daikin clutches on their vehicles as well.