Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #18331
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Coolant resivor tank sitting next to the wiper motor. That looks like a great choice for my setup (tubbed front end). Anyone make one? Most companies I have found just do the big cylinder style ones. Any info would be great.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #18332
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustxking View Post
Coolant resivor tank sitting next to the wiper motor. That looks like a great choice for my setup (tubbed front end). Anyone make one? Most companies I have found just do the big cylinder style ones. Any info would be great.
I was looking at the Perrin universal coolant reservoir, or the Chase Bays. They are both the cylinder type, though. I didn't come across any others in my search.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #18333
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI NY 240sx View Post
I was looking at the Perrin universal coolant reservoir, or the Chase Bays. They are both the cylinder type, though. I didn't come across any others in my search.
Same exact thing, all I keep finding are the cylinder type. I was thinking I might just have to take some measurements and see if there is a factory option from another car.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:12 AM   #18334
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustxking View Post
Same exact thing, all I keep finding are the cylinder type. I was thinking I might just have to take some measurements and see if there is a factory option from another car.
smdh... say it with me boys,"SUUUUU MIIIIIT RACING" (Summit Racing)

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...rder=Ascending
Old 06-09-2015, 06:50 PM   #18335
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wrapping up my sr swap; wired in the AEM uego and truboost as well as electric fans to the acc wire for the radio.

Fans are running to 2 relays with inline fuses and their own grounds.

I turn the key to accessories and the fans turn on, but no power to the gauges. I ran out of time until next weekend -- the only difference between fans and gauges is that the gauges are grounded with the radio harness ground. That will be my first thing to check, could there be any other possibilities? Thanks!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #18336
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
My buddy and I were out cruising today, when he told me why my bumper was wobbling at high speeds. I tell him to drive it and he was right.

I converted my kouki to a full jdm front end swap. The swap was easy I used a jdm kouki bumper retainer, I did not use the foam but that shouldn't cause the bumper to be wobbling on the bottom should it?

I'm confused because is there suppose to be another retainer that bolts the bottom of the bumper? Not completely sure.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #18337
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
stupid question, what OEM front bumpers or aero packages came on s13 silvias? I know of the standard regular one and the aero bumper, but I'm not super crazy about the aero bumper. Well at least not enough to spend $600-$1200 on it. And the regular one isn't quite aggresive enough.

Do they have a 3rd? or an oem lip for it?
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:24 PM   #18338
671!S13dragon

Trader Rating: (1)
671!S13dragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need Help Before throwing parts at my 93 s13 with stock KA24de, I had hard starting problems, found cylinder 4 injector not firing. Replaced with another used injector, now all injectors are firing and not leaking pass rail. Car is now flooding all cylinders with fuel, so much fuel that its getting into my oil and car doesnt run onless injector wire connectors are disconnected or fuel pump fuse out. Anyone have thie problem?
671!S13dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #18339
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
My buddy and I were out cruising today, when he told me why my bumper was wobbling at high speeds. I tell him to drive it and he was right.

I converted my kouki to a full jdm front end swap. The swap was easy I used a jdm kouki bumper retainer, I did not use the foam but that shouldn't cause the bumper to be wobbling on the bottom should it?

I'm confused because is there suppose to be another retainer that bolts the bottom of the bumper? Not completely sure.
So it wobbles only at the bottom? what the...? No, there is no retainer at the bottom. Is it a factory bumper? The oe bumper isn't that flexible to wobble only at the bottom. I did not have the bumper support on my '97 at all and it didn't wobble, anywhere.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #18340
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Wrapping up my sr swap; wired in the AEM uego and truboost as well as electric fans to the acc wire for the radio.

Fans are running to 2 relays with inline fuses and their own grounds.

I turn the key to accessories and the fans turn on, but no power to the gauges. I ran out of time until next weekend -- the only difference between fans and gauges is that the gauges are grounded with the radio harness ground. That will be my first thing to check, could there be any other possibilities? Thanks!
Try running your fan wire not at the Accessory, but at Ignition HOT, inside the fuse box under the hood. Your gauges should all be wired through the cluster main power that goes hot when acc and ign are powered.
Your gauges should be wired and grounded with cluster, not stereo. Your fans should be wired with ignition hot so that they power up upon starting the car, run when temps hit 'center' on the gauge during idle, then run until total heat drops 10* when shut off(about two to three minutes).

If you are using an Enjuku/Wire Specialties Fan Controller that is:

Orange: Not used
Black SMALL: Battery ground
Blue: to both fans( + )
Black from fans: Frame Ground ( - )
Yellow: Ignition HOT(Fuse box)
Red: Battery Acc terminal(small section that is on the side of the clamp)
Old 06-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #18341
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
So it wobbles only at the bottom? what the...? No, there is no retainer at the bottom. Is it a factory bumper? The oe bumper isn't that flexible to wobble only at the bottom. I did not have the bumper support on my '97 at all and it didn't wobble, anywhere.
Yeah only on the bottom. It is oe bumper. But it only wobbles at high speeds 70-80 mph. What about those holes on the bottom of the bumper? Is that suppose to be attached to something?
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #18342
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a prosport water temp gauge on my SR. Weird problem is...if I hit the lights or hit the brakes or even turn my radio up...the needle will go up and then back down when these things go back off.
Sometimes drastically and sometimes only a little bit? Did some voltage tests at battery (miata battery) to see if there was a voltage drop with everything on and there wasn't any issue.
I noticed my ground for the water temp harness is at the dipstick at the water neck? could that be an issue?

Any idea what could be the problem? Water temp and boost gauge are tapped into radio harness. (Aftermarket radio).
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #18343
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToniTuna View Post
I have a prosport water temp gauge on my SR. Weird problem is...if I hit the lights or hit the brakes or even turn my radio up...the needle will go up and then back down when these things go back off.
Sometimes drastically and sometimes only a little bit? Did some voltage tests at battery (miata battery) to see if there was a voltage drop with everything on and there wasn't any issue.
I noticed my ground for the water temp harness is at the dipstick at the water neck? could that be an issue?

Any idea what could be the problem? Water temp and boost gauge are tapped into radio harness. (Aftermarket radio).
you need to ground the water temp sensor to the chassis, not the motor.

im surprised prosport isnt providing a digital sensor instead of analogue sensor that has to be chassis grounded instead of grounding itself via the gauge.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:57 PM   #18344
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
you need to ground the water temp sensor to the chassis, not the motor.

im surprised prosport isnt providing a digital sensor instead of analogue sensor that has to be chassis grounded instead of grounding itself via the gauge.
Yeah I had a good buddy of mine wire it up for me and we both noticed "oh maybe we should move that ground coming off the sensor harness at the water neck from the water neck to actual chassis and MAYBE that is the issue " Initially he put it there cause the ground wire was not long enough and figured it would be good enough.

I'm gonna go ahead and extend that ground to chassis this weekend and hopefully fixes the needle bouncing issue.
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:28 PM   #18345
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Question for anyone who has delt with the S14 Digital climate control.

With the A/C system charged, but the sensors not working (sun load/interior or exterior temp sensors.etc) Can the Air con still work by NOT using the "Auto" function?
I'm looking to get my a/c charged but don't know if the (any) shop will bother as it is not stock.

***Background story***
Two previous owners ago someone attempted the DCC converion on my S14, tho the a/c system is complete, it does not work. The dcc unit does come on & control the blower motor as I had used the heater that way, but when I trouble shooted the sensors for the A/C (via dcc conversion link) it appears ALL sensors read errors. If I can't use the A/C as described above, I'll have to source an usdm unit and try to undo someone elses mess.

Anyone know?
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #18346
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
can anyone id these injectors? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434070807.446927.jpg
Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #18347
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Where does this go? I have a feeling it wasn't connected to anything ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434073028.074262.jpg here is the other end which I know where it come from ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434073074.785392.jpg
Old 06-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #18348
zfortune
Leaky Injector

zfortune is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed tein h-tech springs about 6 months ago and the rear passenger side looks like it's at stock height in person. I tried to redo the rear passenger shock/spring to see if I missed anything but nothing changed when I put it all back together. Could really torn up bushings in rear subframe cause this? If so, what is a good replacement for the rear subframe bushings?
first pic rear driver, 2nd pic rear pass.

zfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #18349
jyjchoi

jyjchoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Any1 know if q45 coilpacks work on rb25det neo motors
jyjchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #18350
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Need to know if this is one of those "ain't broke don't fix it" situations. Have engine out of car and trams about to go back on. Oem sr20det long block, the rear main seal is fine not leaky. Maybe 50k miles on motor. Should I replace it or leave be.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #18351
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateirving View Post
Need to know if this is one of those "ain't broke don't fix it" situations. Have engine out of car and trams about to go back on. Oem sr20det long block, the rear main seal is fine not leaky. Maybe 50k miles on motor. Should I replace it or leave be.
full oem gasket kit for the sr isn't that expensive i think its like 100 something bucks on enjuku or ebay, and it comes with an oem head gasket too.
Current prices may have changed though.

thats kinda up to you though. Replacing is usually safer
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #18352
Sills
Leaky Injector

Sills is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateirving View Post
Depends on your situation as far as if you can afford the seal and downtime. I had 90,000kms on mine with the stock seal and no leaks when my clutch went. Personall id change it if you could just because its a real pita to get the trans off again in the future.

Im swapping an Rb into my S14 right now and first thing I did when I had the engine was spilt the trans while it was out and replaced all the seals and the clutch. Engine is in now and I feel I wont regret the decision.
Sills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:10 PM   #18353
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sills View Post
Depends on your situation as far as if you can afford the seal and downtime. I had 90,000kms on mine with the stock seal and no leaks when my clutch went. Personall id change it if you could just because its a real pita to get the trans off again in the future.

Im swapping an Rb into my S14 right now and first thing I did when I had the engine was spilt the trans while it was out and replaced all the seals and the clutch. Engine is in now and I feel I wont regret the decision.
Yea I think I'm going to replace I was just seeing if someone would give me reason not to. And I need a grip of other gaskets too so the kit might help
Old 06-18-2015, 12:11 AM   #18354
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
What are you guys paying average to have an sr rebuilt to oem spec? my motor isn't too far out, I'm having it machined and sleeved and using oem pistons and rings. crank is being machine and i have nice cams to go in. also have a deck plate.

Would $700-$1000 be unrealistic? basically trying to decide between rebuilding the sr to oem spec using oem parts and having it actually last at 320whp or scrap the plan and drop in an rb25.
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #18355
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post
What are you guys paying average to have an sr rebuilt to oem spec? my motor isn't too far out, I'm having it machined and sleeved and using oem pistons and rings. crank is being machine and i have nice cams to go in. also have a deck plate.

Would $700-$1000 be unrealistic? basically trying to decide between rebuilding the sr to oem spec using oem parts and having it actually last at 320whp or scrap the plan and drop in an rb25.
Doesn't seem too bad although is sleeving necessary?
320 is no problem for stock internals
Old 06-18-2015, 02:24 PM   #18356
Sills
Leaky Injector

Sills is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post

One of my buddies just had his Sr20 rebuilt with forged internals. I know he dropped ~10,000 into it to do so. There arent many places to get engine work like that done around here though so that price may have been far steeper than where you are. However I personally just blew my Sr20 and dropped in a 500hp Rb20det with forged internals and Blitz tuned @14psi. Altogether that costed me under 4,000 to get it in and everything. I know many here are opposed to but I happen to like and have no complaints with my Rb swap. Dropping it in through the top on an S14 Kouki is a nightmare though...
Sills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:47 PM   #18357
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

I just got new injectors. What do I need to amend on my AEM EMS to adjust for them?
Old 06-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #18358
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
when my key is in the off position and even when its not in i can turn everything on just as if the key was in the on position, could this be caused by a faulty ignition switch or am i chasing some sort of wiring gremlin?

Car is a virgin 89 base model coupe, auto trans.

Also, could i use a 5 speed ignition switch, or even an S14 one? whats different about them? thanks

ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:36 AM   #18359
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakotanGazelle View Post
when my key is in the off position and even when its not in i can turn everything on just as if the key was in the on position, could this be caused by a faulty ignition switch or am i chasing some sort of wiring gremlin?

Car is a virgin 89 base model coupe, auto trans.

Also, could i use a 5 speed ignition switch, or even an S14 one? whats different about them? thanks

95% certain you need to buy a new ignition switch. You may consider the entire set of doors, trunk, and ignition and be done with it. 5% one of the ignition wires is shorting in the stalk. Switch is easy to check by isolating and simple troubleshooting
Old 06-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #18360
big_tuna

big_tuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a stupid question! I did a 5-lug swap on the rear of my 240 this weekend, also replaced the rotors and pads. When I first applied the brake, they locked up and wouldn't release. Now they release when I apply the brakes and lock when I release the pedal! What is going on here? The calipers and brake lines are stock and I didn't remove them when i did the 5 lug swap. I'm guessing its something stupid i'm just not seeing, any ideas?
big_tuna is offline   Reply With Quote