Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #31
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilo View Post
you guys are lucky you even have pick a part type junkyards, over here in ct there arent any i know of. everything is done on computers and they never have what youre looking for. the shitty attitude is usually free though.
i agree, i live in new hampshire. and everything is usually done by computer up here and im still yet to find a 300, q45, s13, s14 in a junk yard in new hampshire, maine, or mass. ive called numerous places and non of them. and if they had one, it was like years before.
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #32
francogt1
Zilvia Member

francogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enough
I got Kicked out last time i went.

the old bastard wanted to know exacly the part i was looking for or he wodent let me in.

i wasent looking for anything specific maybe a cuple FC parts there is if they even had a fc there.
so he asked and i answerd "idk some interior parts for my car"
i guess he dint like that and told me to take my attitue somewere elase and dont let me in.

i've been there times before and snuk some parts in my jacket so f*ck him the junkyard is wide open at all times
Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
I have never had any problems.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #34
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i had a *snip* get mad that i was taking the hatch off of a s13 he was trying to take the dash out of, he started screaming at me in spanish then smashed the hatch glass with a hammer,

so i hit him in the face with a stearing wheel and left. i am no longer welcome at crazy rays pick n pull, then I got pinked a month for this post
Old 01-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #35
silpena
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
lmao thats funny man.^^ i personally never had any issues around where i live. IN matter in fact, all the yards are low key and first come first serve. I dont like the ones that are computer based. One yard wont let me take parts without paying first.(over priced) I have like 3 yards that i can pull things like crazy and is so cheap! maybe i never get hassled becuase i myself am a mexican...

On a good note i once lost my wallet at a yard and somebody found it and gave it to the owner and got it back. Sooo a good experience for me...great ppl around my area. Oh btw everything was there and i never carry cash unless i am going out somewhere that only accepts cash.
silpena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #36
Dee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
Dee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
damn that's jacked up what a bunch of assholes. I've never had anything like that happen usually if people see that I'm grabbing some parts they will come up to me and ask if I intend on taking a part they are interested in.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #37
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
never had any problems at the yards here in LA most of the time people respect you if your already on a particular part on the car. In fact when I see people on a car already I usually move on to other cars and come back later. Sometimes they may be going after stuff and not even realize they are missing things. Do not need to alert them to stuff they are missing then they will want to claim it.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #38
Rapier46
Zilvia Member

Rapier46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rapier46
i get that shit all the time here. i was at pick your part a few months ago and i saw a nice set of 17's. so i show up early the next day to get them. im just busting off the wheel locks when i see some other guy trying to take off the other side. being pretty fluent and removeing wheels locks with now key..i get 3 off and he is still on his one. he stops and looks at me and hes like "uhhh i kinjda had my name a number on these" he had actually written his name on them.... so i say tough luck buddy. and he fucks off. but before he left he took a center cap with him so i guess he could really stick it to me. some people really need to grow up.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #39
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier46 View Post
i get that shit all the time here. i was at pick your part a few months ago and i saw a nice set of 17's. so i show up early the next day to get them. im just busting off the wheel locks when i see some other guy trying to take off the other side. being pretty fluent and removeing wheels locks with now key..i get 3 off and he is still on his one. he stops and looks at me and hes like "uhhh i kinjda had my name a number on these" he had actually written his name on them.... so i say tough luck buddy. and he fucks off. but before he left he took a center cap with him so i guess he could really stick it to me. some people really need to grow up.
lol,
If you see 3 rims on a car, you can usually find the other stashed on a car near by.

thats how I got my rims, lol.
Someone was coming back with money or tools, but did tn get back in time.lol

but if someones on a car. i just ask them if they are taking the part im looking for, and if they arent then i ask if they mind if I have at it.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #40
apexi240sx
Zilvia Member

apexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to apexi240sx
yo... i go to this junkyard all the time! sucks that its the only one in vegas...yea secruities here are dicks, young mexican guys...last time they searched my pockets thinking i was jacking stuff.... lol
apexi240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #41
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Quote:
Originally Posted by MambaSic View Post
that all most qualifies for a required ass beating. That kind of bullshit would never fly on the east coast. I would have flipped the fuck out if some body pulled that. English speaking or not, blood would have been spilled
i totally agree, i would have waited for metro to leave, then waited for that guy who took the parts, then beat his ass and took them back.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #42
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by francogt1 View Post
I got Kicked out last time i went.

the old bastard wanted to know exacly the part i was looking for or he wodent let me in.

i wasent looking for anything specific maybe a cuple FC parts there is if they even had a fc there.
so he asked and i answerd "idk some interior parts for my car"
i guess he dint like that and told me to take my attitue somewere elase and dont let me in.

i've been there times before and snuk some parts in my jacket so f*ck him the junkyard is wide open at all times

Maybe he didn't like your spelling skills.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #43
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i was at a junkyard today. came across a 99 maxima, spanish guy pulling stuff from the interior.

i checked out the brakes and started pulling them and we both just went about our business. not even a glance. looking back maybe i shouldve asked but he didnt say or do anything when i started popping calipers off so ohwell.

then i went back across the yard to get the altima rotors i was tired of carrying out of a trunk i stashed them in.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #44
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
that fuckin blows. but luckily this one yard that ive been too a few times is one of those $5 guys. most anything is $5 if its small-medium size. bigger shits only like $10-15
Old 01-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #45
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Never had a run in with a person like that. That shits lame..........

Junkyard I still go to fucked me back in the day. I used to go there to get turbos (back in 98-00) T3, T3 super 60s T25 and whatever else I could sell. I used to sell them on ebay and make 50 to 200 profit on them. I used to walk out of there with 4 to 5 turbos a month then one day went in and found every new car coming in the lot that was turbo had the manifolds torched off and turbos were gone. Never saw a turbo in there for another year or so so I stopped looking. Now I just try to find goofy shit I can use or shit I know im going to need in the future.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #46
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowS13 View Post
haha i live in las vegas, and i believe youre talking about the craig and lamb one! thats happened to me before. when it did, id toss the parts. you can tell they were cursing me with obvious spanish words, but oh well. im filipino, and most of the people their are hispanic. they always try and speak spanish to me, while pointing to my tool box. im assuming they want to borrow tools and they say "seventeen socket" and i just nod my head.
priceless
Old 01-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #47
thejapino
Zilvia Addict

thejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfection
Never had a problem like that around here. Usually, if someone's already at the car, I'll make some small talk and get around to seeing if they're picking a part I want. Sometimes I wont. People will speak up you you're trying to get something they wanted. No problem, they were there first.

One rule that I always stick to when I'm at the 'yard: Never let anyone borrow tools. I'm a nice dude that used to let people borrow some tools until one time when some guy didn't return a good pair of vicegrips. Ever since then, I never loan out tools. I usually say I'm using them or I don't have them. I learned my lesson.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:06 AM   #48
JAYTRON
Zilvia Member

JAYTRON is making a name for him/her selfJAYTRON is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to JAYTRON
I usually hit up the 2 San Jose pick-in-pulls, and so far *knock on wood* everything's been ok. I've ran into some really helpful people actually. And have yet to get haggled on getting checked before I leave the place.
JAYTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #49
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Never had any problems, i usually do a walk around the lot to see what they have before taking parts off a car.. If someone is already at a car, usually the walk around will give them enough time to be done with that car.

Just sucks when people break shit just to get to a part. esp interior plastics and trim pieces..
Old 01-20-2009, 01:36 AM   #50
nightshiftgarage
Zilvia Member

nightshiftgarage is on a distinguished road
i wish we had some pickapart junkyards around here. all we have is some places with tons of caviliers,and various other gm shit. they dont ever let you finish asking for a certain part once they here nissan. a bunch of dicks for dure
Old 01-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #51
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
dang that sucks for you. i've never had a problem at a junk yard. in fact i've had people help me take off parts, borrow tools. i've also helped people. but i always ask if they mind if i take off a certain part if some one is already at a car, and people usually ask me if they can get a part if i'm at a car already. probably also helps that i'm latin and speak spanish and i look like a drug dealer. lol

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #52
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
what'd the note say?
Haha I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere for laughs, I should scan it.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #53
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i've felt like i've been tailed before. probably to steal tools, as i have come home with a lighter tool bag before.

always watch your tools, always use the buddy system, and you won't have problems.

oh and one time a dude kept trying to sell me a gold chain in the parking lot. also some guy borrowed my duct tape on the way in, and said he'd put it under my car. no duct tape when i came back. mother FUCKER.