Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:56 AM   #331
S14_Sak

Trader Rating: (0)
S14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very nice engine bay setup! Where did you get the AN fittings from?

Last edited by S14_Sak; 07-28-2021 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: typo
S14_Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2021, 05:08 PM   #332
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
Great update

Great build

What are you going to do with the R32 seat??

I?m looking for the US passenger seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man! Actually a buddy bought the set and is being nice and letting me use the passenger seat until my other arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Sak View Post
Very nice setup engine bay setup! Where did you get the AN fittings from?
Thank you! Majority of them and all the purple are from Color fittings, a newer company but building steam fast.

Alignment and getting more parts installed soon. My innovative has died completely and it?s time to put the AEM in. Also just got a GoPro so I?ll be trying to get some video footage soon. The hardest part will be the editing but I?ll see what I can do.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:29 PM   #333
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Update 7/20/21

Finally got around to sorting out my extension piece for the NOS Tomei BMC stopper I had. Reason I had for making the extension was from deleting the brake booster. I had my buddy Ryan cut it out on the burn table and then once it was smoothed out I had it anodized locally.

After driving around on the "Planted" rails, I shortly realized they simply were not low enough. So I had my buddy help me make a set of custom rails. Unfortunately I have to make another once the second seat comes in.

Fitment came out fantastic, even though I have some slight impressions being made in the door cards from the seats. Will remove rails soon and get them powder coated.

Went down in tire size in the back and had it lowered and aligned. Moved from 275/45 to a 275/35 profile, so far its better and the ride is much smoother no more rubbing.

Some glamour shots....

Should have more updates on this soon and some announcements on the cars status.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 07-23-2021 at 02:10 PM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:36 AM   #334
Janz99
Leaky Injector

Janz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the rough
How has that tucked chase bays rad been?
Janz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:11 PM   #335
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janz99 View Post
How has that tucked chase bays rad been?
My only complain is burping is a pain cause of how low it is, even with the remote reservoir I usually have to put the front on blocks. Other than that I love it, sleek and fits well.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:29 AM   #336
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Im glad you changed the rear tires. That shit was looking ridiculous imo lol

Looks much, much better
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:41 AM   #337
S14_Sak

S14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Thanks man! Actually a buddy bought the set and is being nice and letting me use the passenger seat until my other arrives.

Thank you! Majority of them and all the purple are from Color fittings, a newer company but building steam fast.

Alignment and getting more parts installed soon. My innovative has died completely and it?s time to put the AEM in. Also just got a GoPro so I?ll be trying to get some video footage soon. The hardest part will be the editing but I?ll see what I can do.
Thanks man! Keep the updates coming!
S14_Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:55 PM   #338
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Im glad you changed the rear tires. That shit was looking ridiculous imo lol

Looks much, much better
The look never bothered me but it was the rake that was annoying while driving. Everyone thinks schassis should be dumped stupid low on the ground but all my parts are real and I don?t feel like paying or finding more sets with current prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Sak View Post
Thanks man! Keep the updates coming!
Will do brother! Got a BIG one coming shortly!
Old 08-06-2021, 05:49 PM   #339
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 8/6/21

Silvette Is Going To SEMA Baby!!!!!

Heres a close up of the extension piece that I made for the Tomei brake master stopper.

So far in light of Sema now, I have been purchasing stuff like a mad man to change some of my exterior parts on the car. The plan is to have a slightly refreshed look before Sema debut. Definitely not buying anything bolt on or wide body crap.

For now here are some close ups I got of the engine bay, I am extremely satisfied with how well its come out. However, more updates on the bay soon too.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 08-07-2021 at 09:29 AM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:10 AM   #340
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Very cool and congrats on SEMA! Awesome work as always!
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:11 PM   #341
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
As always, looking good! That tire size swap worked so well. It is very lovely, my man.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:50 AM   #342
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Anderson View Post
Very cool and congrats on SEMA! Awesome work as always!
Thank you brother! Appreciate it! My fault for lagging here I got more in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
As always, looking good! That tire size swap worked so well. It is very lovely, my man.
Thank you man!!! The tire size is sooooooo much better. Although I really wish a sticky tire would be made in 275/40, odd nobody does. I?m debating on switching to Falken RT660 now that they?re out but we?ll see if this happens before sema.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:15 AM   #343
Janz99
Leaky Injector

Janz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the roughJanz99 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Thank you man!!! The tire size is sooooooo much better. Although I really wish a sticky tire would be made in 275/40, odd nobody does. I?m debating on switching to Falken RT660 now that they?re out but we?ll see if this happens before sema.
Nitto has their NT05r in a 285/40r18, its supposedly pretty good on the street. I have a set mounted on my wheels, just waiting to test fit/try them out.

https://www.nittotire.com/competitio...g-radial-tire/
Janz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:14 PM   #344
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
I think you should update the thread title, we DON'T have to 'relax' cause it IS a show car.

I've been following this thread for a while but I had to go back to the first page just to see where it started. Amazing goddamn work. What a beautiful creation this thing has become. I wouldn't want to guess how much time and money and blood, sweat and tears went into it. But that's all irrelevant because you made it what it is and it's fantastic. The quality craftsmanship and attention to detail is inspiring to me.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:15 AM   #345
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janz99 View Post
Nitto has their NT05r in a 285/40r18, its supposedly pretty good on the street. I have a set mounted on my wheels, just waiting to test fit/try them out.

https://www.nittotire.com/competitio...g-radial-tire/
Yea the 285 would just be too wide for the setup. I will just have to play with it, right now the priority is the rest of the future updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
I think you should update the thread title, we DON'T have to 'relax' cause it IS a show car.

I've been following this thread for a while but I had to go back to the first page just to see where it started. Amazing goddamn work. What a beautiful creation this thing has become. I wouldn't want to guess how much time and money and blood, sweat and tears went into it. But that's all irrelevant because you made it what it is and it's fantastic. The quality craftsmanship and attention to detail is inspiring to me.
Thank you man, I do appreciate it. I have tried to just make it the best version of a 240SX in my opinion. Always nice when others appreciate it!
Old 08-20-2021, 03:29 AM   #346
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 8/20/21

Got an online article feature through my good buddy at Dress Up Bolts. Really humbling that he surprised me with this after seeing the car in person.

Finally got my second Status racing seat. Just as nice as the first one! I will fabricate a rail for it this weekend coming up before Spocom San Diego.

Not sure if anyone remembers the wing project I had going on. It will be coming to light here really soon, most of the modifications have been done already. I had to make my own custom wing mount gaskets. I made a few sets to test and modify as needed.

Finally got around to some quality photos for a magazine shoot. I will have more on this to come when I can post it! (Dont mind my seat just sitting in the car unmounted )

Old 08-21-2021, 11:23 PM   #347
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
God damn those are some good looking butt holders
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:13 PM   #348
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Yea the 285 would just be too wide for the setup. I will just have to play with it, right now the priority is the rest of the future updates.
Car looks damn good!

These LS's run HOT! I've melted several plug wires as well as the crank sensor wiring a few times even with heat shielding on my turbo LS.

NT05's come in 275/40/18's as well. I have these on my s13 with a mild pull. I dont recall your rear wheels specs but mine were 9.5" +38 and the s14's have a bit more room.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:50 PM   #349
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
FMU man. Bravo.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:01 PM   #350
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
God damn those are some good looking butt holders
My rear end thanks me for the added padding, I do miss my OEM though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91 240 View Post
Car looks damn good!

These LS's run HOT! I've melted several plug wires as well as the crank sensor wiring a few times even with heat shielding on my turbo LS.

NT05's come in 275/40/18's as well. I have these on my s13 with a mild pull. I dont recall your rear wheels specs but mine were 9.5" +38 and the s14's have a bit more room.
Yea I had seen those, I am just so used to running on drag slicks I'm afraid nothing else will stick. Might try the new Falken RT660 out and see how those hold up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
FMU man. Bravo.
Thanks man
Old 09-07-2021, 02:12 PM   #351
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 9/7/21

Finally got around to making the other seat bracket and getting brackets out and cleaned up. Smoothed the edges and then media blasted them. I really wish I had deleted the floor bump for the stock oem cat location so that both seats could have sat at the same level. Oh well, next time.

Really happy with the quality and consistency of my new powder coat place. They always knock it out of the park.

Got them installed along with some purple titanium Dress Up Bolts...but of course.

I've had bad luck maybe with my Innovative wideband gauges, so I decided to switch to an AEM and see how it goes. Already feel I have a bad sensor, even though it was new

I will have some updates soon, I have just been taking care of small things like new door moldings and strikers. The car will be at Spocom coming up and then right after is Tuning365 (Formula D Long Beach). So if you are around the area, definitely say whats up!
Old 09-09-2021, 11:19 AM   #352
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Your seat rails came out real good. Great work! I like that design and detail.The powdercoating really made them look next level. Yeah, that stupid bump in the floor is annoying. I was too lazy too deal with that myself
Old 09-09-2021, 10:59 PM   #353
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
have experienced same with AEM wideband. Even the replacement sensor went bad within a week or so.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:59 PM   #354
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Your seat rails came out real good. Great work! I like that design and detail.The powdercoating really made them look next level. Yeah, that stupid bump in the floor is annoying. I was too lazy too deal with that myself
Haha yes man I know trust me it?s a pain! If I was still lhd I would consider doing it but meh not now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
have experienced same with AEM wideband. Even the replacement sensor went bad within a week or so.
Shoot man, replaced the sensor and now it?s reading but now it?s only going from 14.6 to 14.8 and I don?t feel it?s fluctuating fast enough or even how it?s supposed to. Not sure now if it?s gauge is bad or another sensor