Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #31
peeskekun

Trader Rating: (0)
peeskekun can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Subscribed gonna post some comments tomorrow
i appreciate it!
peeskekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #32
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdryon View Post
Nice 180! I lived in Japan for a few years, and miss it more than anything. I'd go back, but hard when you have a kid.

As for the car, I think it's a bit more than I would have spent. You can pick up a car like that for half the price if you know where to look. That being said, it's perfect for its intended use. The whole argument that "drift" cars are ruining the scene is irrelevant, as the culture in Japan has been well-established for decades, and that car is actually a perfect example of how they do it in Japan. It's all about function over form. Loud, MacGyvered, slightly dodgy repairs, that's the ESSENCE of drift culture in the sports hometown. Fixing bodywork by wrapping a rope around a telephone pole and using the weight of the car to pull out the dents, holding things together with zip ties... if your car looks clean you're not driving it hard enough.

As for language, I agree that you can survive easily with the bare minimum. Arigatou, ikura desuka?, and numbers. I, however, made friends, lovers, got DJing gigs, etc. because of my interest in speaking Japanese as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
thanks man, did you drift while you were in japan?
Old 02-07-2017, 06:20 AM   #33
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Ok, I'll try to do this in order.

OP, car looks like a good base, normal price for what you got. I'm probably going to Spring Matsuri in my 180sx, hopefully the track isn't in the shitty condition like the last time I went. Also hit other tracks at least monthly, Mobara on the 14th this month and maybe Fuji on the 11th.

Feito, don't expect you to understand but the sound an external tial, hks or trust wastegate is so good. About the falling off/missing parts, drifters here mostly care about their driving skill first, then looks. That being said, they usually do not driver around their beat up cars on a daily basis. Paint is expensive, no such thing a macco or whatever its called here. Clean stock based cars are getting expensive especially if you trying to bring one back and clean drift cars do exist here but they usually drive by themselves which is boring. The usual drift car here will be beat up a little from tandeming.

Thesickkid, you're an idiot.

Djdryon, times change. You cannot pick a car like that for half the price, if so, I would own one. What you described is what you see at Ebisu, not other tracks. Last I heard, Ebisu changed their rules, the unsafe missile cars you've seen in the past will not be allowed anymore. Most locals I know here will attempt to fix their own bodywork and they certainly have the resources locally to do so.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #34
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeskekun View Post
thanks man, did you drift while you were in japan?
I wish. I lived in the city, had Sunday and Tuesday off, and got off work between 10-11pm. I did back in 05/06, when I was living in Osaka, near Signal Auto. Only thing I had sideways when I was in Tokyo was the ladies.

True, things are a bit different than they used to be; and yes, the sound of a screamer pipe off a Tial wastegate is a symphony of magic. I have a KA-T running a turbonetics T304 with a 3-inch pipe and a Tial screamer. Love the sound; deep, growly, and sounds like an angry monster when the boost rises.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #35
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Ok, I'll try to do this in order.

OP, car looks like a good base, normal price for what you got. I'm probably going to Spring Matsuri in my 180sx, hopefully the track isn't in the shitty condition like the last time I went. Also hit other tracks at least monthly, Mobara on the 14th this month and maybe Fuji on the 11th.

Feito, don't expect you to understand but the sound an external tial, hks or trust wastegate is so good. About the falling off/missing parts, drifters here mostly care about their driving skill first, then looks. That being said, they usually do not driver around their beat up cars on a daily basis. Paint is expensive, no such thing a macco or whatever its called here. Clean stock based cars are getting expensive especially if you trying to bring one back and clean drift cars do exist here but they usually drive by themselves which is boring. The usual drift car here will be beat up a little from tandeming.

Thesickkid, you're an idiot.

Djdryon, times change. You cannot pick a car like that for half the price, if so, I would own one. What you described is what you see at Ebisu, not other tracks. Last I heard, Ebisu changed their rules, the unsafe missile cars you've seen in the past will not be allowed anymore. Most locals I know here will attempt to fix their own bodywork and they certainly have the resources locally to do so.
It depends where you look, and the luck of chance timing. Found a stock R32 GTR for about ¥90000 about a year ago, and a sweet-looking RB1 Odyssey 6 months ago for ¥800 from someone who was moving home out of the country and needed the money. If I still lived in JP I would have swooped one of those up quick.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #36
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesickkid View Post
i was going to leave an insanely sarcastic comment towards you, but you seem like youre capable of learning so let me teach you.

1) falling bumpers hanging lights etc..? youre describing the true essence of drifting..

2) paint is not important. at all

3)"should have gone for a little less molested" , if a cars life is going to revolve around having the snot beat out of it do you seek a clean one to ruin? or go with one thats already a little rough around the edges?
Holy shit jump off a bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Typical "drift missile" mentality all over this thread, excuse which is killing, or I should say, killed the import car culture.
I'll just get back to reading, nodding my head, and keep my thoughts to myself, im outta here...
OP, hope you keep having fun.

"Essence of drifting" 😂😂😭
^ This.

Cool shit OP. Have fun.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:40 AM   #37
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Here's my daily, which is inspired by my time over there: GP Sports front and rear with 180 Zenki skirts, type X lights and spoiler, and Origin Tatakidashi rear overs. Picked up the wheels (Hyperion Dish ]['s) at UpGarage in Saitama for ¥10,000 and brought them back as my checked luggage. Someone stole one of my center caps, so I run with them off except for meets. I think it's totally fine to have a nice looking car that can be fun in the track, but I hate "drift missiles" with mismatched panels that are neither practical on the street or on the track.
I have better pictures on my hdd, but I have a new phone and am too lazy to dig up pics.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #38
Thesickkid

Thesickkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Holy shit jump off a bridge

^ This.

Cool shit OP. Have fun.
Ok Mr. Womanizer

Last edited by Thesickkid; 02-08-2017 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: anger issues lol
Thesickkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #39
peeskekun

thanks for checking out my post guys!! ill try to film more drifting videos.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:55 PM   #40
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Hey the Mobara event is being held by my buddy Zee (AllThatLow) on 14FEB.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #41
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Hey the Mobara event is being held by my buddy Zee (AllThatLow) on 14FEB.
damn i got work on that day
Old 02-09-2017, 12:00 AM   #42
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdryon View Post
Here's my daily, which is inspired by my time over there: GP Sports front and rear with 180 Zenki skirts, type X lights and spoiler, and Origin Tatakidashi rear overs. Picked up the wheels (Hyperion Dish ]['s) at UpGarage in Saitama for ¥10,000 and brought them back as my checked luggage. Someone stole one of my center caps, so I run with them off except for meets. I think it's totally fine to have a nice looking car that can be fun in the track, but I hate "drift missiles" with mismatched panels that are neither practical on the street or on the track.
I have better pictures on my hdd, but I have a new phone and am too lazy to dig up pics.

Got any pics minus the snow?
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:47 AM   #43
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
^ im in for that
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:01 AM   #44
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
Got any pics minus the snow?
Here are some I snapped today. Not the most glamorous shots, but they work.
20170209_151707.jpg20170209_151722.jpg20170209_175924.jpg