Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #31
240sx-pat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
240sx-pat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sx-pat Send a message via MSN to 240sx-pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Adjust it at 44psi when vacuum unplugged, plug it back in and see how it drives.

I will do that when I get a chance tomorrow , however when I drove the car at 37 and 46 the car drove just fine I'm not smelling gasoline like how I did with my stock FPR ( I also have a walbro fuel pump). If I drop it to 44 PSI when vacuum is unplugged I'm going to be around 33-34 at idle with vacuum in.. isn't this too low? I mean I don't mind running a little rich I just don't want to be running lean when boosting.

But nonetheless I'll it a shot tomorrow , but what do you think of my 37 and 46 at the moment here is it dangerous? I know it sound silly ,but I don't really know anything about cars.
240sx-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2018, 06:24 AM   #32
Srs15

Trader Rating: (0)
Srs15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had the same problem. Starts and idles fine on cold start. Drives fine but once I shut it off it won’t start back up, and ends up flooding. I would have to pull the fuel pump fuse sand it would start up. Coolant temp sensor is the culprit checked voltage on CTS and it read 7.45v. Changed out CTS twice and it still read 7v. Ends up the real problem was the GAUGE CLUSTER in the dash. It was some how messing with the CTS voltage. Once I unplugged the temp gauge plug idle dropped and CTS voltage dropped, car started up every time. Plugged it back in car didn’t want to start. Weird. Change out the cluster or just unplug all plugs from the cluster. My car runs fine now.
Srs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:27 AM   #33
Srs15

Sorry I know it’s an old post but thought it could help anyone who’s have a similar issue and has tried everything else.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:25 AM   #34
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srs15 View Post
I had the same problem. Starts and idles fine on cold start. Drives fine but once I shut it off it won’t start back up, and ends up flooding. I would have to pull the fuel pump fuse sand it would start up. .
this sounds like a leaking fuel injector or fuel injector o-ring to me.
put a fuel pressure gauge on the line and monitor it when you shut the car off.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #35
Srs15

Ya I thought it was the injector to. Changed that out. put fpr, adjusted fpr to spec and it would still not start after warmed up. Because coolant temp sensor was reading 7v. CTS needs to read below 5v when hot. My problem was the gauge cluster somehow messing with the cts voltage when engine is hot. After I unplugged the cluster it starts up all the time even after it goes up to temp.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #36
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srs15 View Post
Ya I thought it was the injector to. Changed that out. put fpr, adjusted fpr to spec and it would still not start after warmed up. Because coolant temp sensor was reading 7v. CTS needs to read below 5v when hot. My problem was the gauge cluster somehow messing with the cts voltage when engine is hot. After I unplugged the cluster it starts up all the time even after it goes up to temp.
That's weird considering the gauge cluster has its own temp sender separate from the ecu. If your getting 7v at the ECU cts, sounds like you have an ECU or harness issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote