Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #931
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Has been quite a while since I bought a monitor so I decided to upgrade when I saw Massdrop had the VAST in stock at $50 off the original price. Man am I happy wit this purchase, monitor is amazing, ultrawide for gaming is great, but its also incredible for browsing. Need to install some other games and see how my GTX 980ti will hold up at 3440x1440

Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #932
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looks good. never heard of vast, though.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #933
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
3440 x 1440 monitors are the best right now. I like mine a lot and see very little reason to upgrade it in the next couple of years.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #934
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
looks good. never heard of vast, though.
Its a really impressive display at $549, 3440x1440, 100hz, 2ms, freesync etc. LinusTechTips did a great review on it when it was first announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
3440 x 1440 monitors are the best right now. I like mine a lot and see very little reason to upgrade it in the next couple of years.
I think this should keep me content for a while, really liked my ASUS PB258Q, but it was time for an upgrade. Pretty impressed with how my 980ti holds up too, should be a breeze to drive this thing once I get my hands on a next gen GPU.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #935
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that's pretty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #936
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
A next gen gpu would work great with that monitor. I have a 1080ti w 8700k. On last years newer games I get around 60ish to 70ish fps, ultra settings w my 3440 x 1440 gsync monitor.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #937
tb13
Zilvia Addict

I think I am going to keep my second monitor for the time being, not sure what I am going to do about speakers now though, I have no room on my desk now...

Old 08-10-2018, 12:53 AM   #938
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
DL monster hunter world.

looks like im gonna be sick on friday.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #939
tb13
Zilvia Addict

New Next-Gen Nvidia Leaks

Holy hell if this stuff is real next-gen is going to be nuts
Old 08-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #940
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

only 8% from 1080ti. i knew it.

but, that titan 15% performance more then V. that must blow for $3K V owners. lol
Old 08-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #941
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
only 8% from 1080ti. i knew it.

but, that titan 15% performance more then V. that must blow for $3K V owners. lol
The 2080 being barely faster than the Ti was pretty much expected. Means the Ti version will be significantly faster, but its going to cost a pretty penny. Will be interesting for sure
Old 08-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #942
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
The 2080 being barely faster than the Ti was pretty much expected. Means the Ti version will be significantly faster, but its going to cost a pretty penny. Will be interesting for sure
im only expecting 15-20% for TI vs TI

unless there is another big chip titan+ and TI is cut down from that.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #943
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I would just wait a bit longer to see how well the 1180 performs. Hell i might even suggest waiting for tje 1180ti, but then again with how bad nvidia has been lagging, it would not surprise me if it took until 2020 to come out.

1080ti might turn out to be a better value than the 1180 depending on price and markups. Overall this is a pretty depressing year for those wanting to upgrade their desktop gpu.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #944
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
im only expecting 15-20% for TI vs TI

unless there is another big chip titan+ and TI is cut down from that.
In the video that was posted on OCN, the guy speculated that the Titan may be a different chip from the 2080 entirely, if that is true, the Ti may be a full chip and offer some serious performance over the previous gen Ti.

Obviously still speculations though, apparently these might be revealed at SIGGRAPH on Monday 8/13/2018

Quote:
I would just wait a bit longer to see how well the 1180 performs. Hell i might even suggest waiting for tje 1180ti, but then again with how bad nvidia has been lagging, it would not surprise me if it took until 2020 to come out.

1080ti might turn out to be a better value than the 1180 depending on price and markups. Overall this is a pretty depressing year for those wanting to upgrade their desktop gpu.
I could see if you have a 1080Ti, but for me and anyone with a 1080 or lower these improvements look great. We'll just have to wait the official info to really see what this generation has to offer.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:12 PM   #945
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

jim/adoretv does his homework.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #946
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XByzjj9JTBM

Nvidia Ray tracing will close source ei gameworks. Hopefully amd can fight back with better open sources support.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 08-14-2018 at 08:19 AM..
Old 08-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #947
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://reddit.app.link/yfMm61XinP

Win10 poor performance.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:42 PM   #948
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Nvidia Ray tracing will close source ei gameworks. Hopefully amd can fight back with better open sources support.
Eh, it's already in DX12. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dir...tx-raytracing/
Old 08-15-2018, 07:49 PM   #949
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
5 days left!

I’m already planning for the 2080 Ti. Will be my first nvidia card.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 PM   #950
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-ray-tracing

gameworks is close source.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #951
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Quote:
To allow game developers to take advantage of these new capabilities, NVIDIA also announced the NVIDIA GameWorks™ SDK will add a ray-tracing denoiser module. This suite of tools and resources for developers will dramatically increase realism and shorten product cycles in titles developed using the new Microsoft DXR API and NVIDIA RTX.

With these capabilities, developers can create realistic, high-quality reflections that capture the scene around it and achieve physically accurate lighting and shadows. Making these capabilities available on an industry-standard platform like Microsoft DXR means every PC game developer will have access to levels of realism never before possible.
Gameworks is for developers. In less you are making games this will have no effect on you. As long as the card supports Microsoft DXR it will work.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #952
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Are you saying amd can get gameworks source code to improve/optimize their gpu performance?

Lol
Old 08-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #953
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Are you saying amd can get gameworks source code to improve/optimize their gpu performance?

Lol
That's not what you said. You originally said that Ray Tracing will be closed source. Then you switched your argument to GameWorks. The source code of GameWorks available on GitHub.

But, ultimately doesn't mean shit for the end user as it all goes thru DX12(DXR). Any gpu that can do ray-tracing can play a game with DXR. What middle-ware the game dev uses has no effect on the end user. Everyone is using the same API's(DX12).
Old 08-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #954
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

rt denoiser is gw. https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-ray-tracing
The upcoming GameWorks SDK — which will support Volta and future generation GPU architectures — enable ray-traced area shadows, ray-traced glossy reflections and ray-traced ambient occlusion.
does not apply intel nor amd.

facts is gw is proprietary and closed source

You'll need a Github account that uses the same email address as the one used for your NVIDIA Developer Program membership.

Create a Github account here.
Create an NVIDIA Developer account here.

cmon dude we know what nvida does. they will never play nice with others.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:52 PM   #955
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
rt denoiser is gw. https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-ray-tracing
The upcoming GameWorks SDK — which will support Volta and future generation GPU architectures — enable ray-traced area shadows, ray-traced glossy reflections and ray-traced ambient occlusion.
does not apply intel nor amd.

facts is gw is proprietary and closed source

You'll need a Github account that uses the same email address as the one used for your NVIDIA Developer Program membership.

Create a Github account here.
Create an NVIDIA Developer account here.

cmon dude we know what nvida does. they will never play nice with others.
Keep believing the conspiracy theory then...

https://scalibq.wordpress.com/2016/0...think-it-does/
Old 08-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #956
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmSEM1Mk730
Old 08-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #957
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
2020 is a while. I hope they bring it. I would love to have three gpu manufacturers on the scene. Would drive prices down.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #958
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

That will be a good year indeed. I just dont get the sense there’s currently sufficient competition for nvidia gpu wise.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #959
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

It just has to compete within $200-300+ mainstream gpu.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #960
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
That will be a good year indeed. I just dont get the sense there’s currently sufficient competition for nvidia gpu wise.
There really isn't. The mid range and low end the 500 series can compete. On the high end howeverThe 64 often loses to the 1080 the 1080Ti is just in a league by itself. If the vega cards would have come out two years ago, it would have been a different story. Amd could have undercut the price.

With the new GPU's about to drop it will only serve to bury Vega even further.