Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #91
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I got my first 240 relatively late, around 2005. I always bought parts from Enjuku because of their advertising, they were always the first company I thought of. I never really saw any advertising from heavy throttle, I didnt know they were out there at the time.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #92
1QUICK4
Stop or I'll Shoost

Trader Rating: (0)
1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1QUICK4 Send a message via MSN to 1QUICK4
Funny thing about heavy throttle is my buddy bought alot of stuff from there, took forever to get the stuff. One of the things was a greddy suction kit. And it was missing the air filter when it showed up. He called them and they said he'd have to buy the air filter, then he bitched some more and they said ok you pay for shipping. Finally they looked up how much money he had spent there the last month and just sent him the filter. They screwed up a few other things in his order also. Sent the wrong cams for instance.

Maybe that's why they went out of business. Missing parts in a kit, not wanting to ship out something that was their mistake at their own cost.

Review Thread= http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=201106
1QUICK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #93
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Heavy Throttle and Jeff...

CHANGED MY ENTIRE LIFE!!
Thanks Jeff, gone but not forgotten!

He walked me through my ENTIRE swap 400 years ago!
I call him 10 times a day!
Bless you Jeff....
Best wishes !
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #94
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUICK4 View Post
Funny thing about heavy throttle is my buddy bought alot of stuff from there, took forever to get the stuff. One of the things was a greddy suction kit. And it was missing the air filter when it showed up. He called them and they said he'd have to buy the air filter, then he bitched some more and they said ok you pay for shipping. Finally they looked up how much money he had spent there the last month and just sent him the filter. They screwed up a few other things in his order also. Sent the wrong cams for instance.

Maybe that's why they went out of business. Missing parts in a kit, not wanting to ship out something that was their mistake at their own cost.
something like a greddy suction kit, or cams, would probably have been drop-shipped, so technically it was not jeff's fault. if you ordered some oem stuff through him or actually asked if it was in stock, you would have it asap. i would think he would have been more willing to help, he seriously was always trying to help everyone i know... what other place could you call and get detailed technical advice for free?
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #95
1QUICK4
Stop or I'll Shoost

1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
something like a greddy suction kit, or cams, would probably have been drop-shipped, so technically it was not jeff's fault. if you ordered some oem stuff through him or actually asked if it was in stock, you would have it asap. i would think he would have been more willing to help, he seriously was always trying to help everyone i know... what other place could you call and get detailed technical advice for free?
ok, and calling and ordering cams when you want 264's and they send you 272's. i suppose that was my friends fault right?

Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #96
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This thread is not supposed to be about slamming Jeff or Heavy Throttle.

It was simply an announcement..........I have found that on some stuff, sometimes Jeff can take a while or whatever, but on other stuff he is ON TOP OF SHIT!

One time, I had a coilpack go out like 3 months after I got my SR from him, and he had a new one at my door by the next day for free!

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #97
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
ok, and calling and ordering cams when you want 264's and they send you 272's. i suppose that was my friends fault right?
Doesn't matter how good a business is, they'll make mistakes. Sending the wrong cams is just an example. Doesn't make them a bad company to deal with. More importantly I'd never heard a story once of them ripping someone off, and many picky buyers on this forum will back them up.

Filter probably was drop shipped and there was a miscommunication between them and your friend. It's happened to myself before. It's just natural to assume who you made the purchase from directly must be responsible for any foul ups.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #98
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:

i was saying it was more than likely the suppliers fault... either way it's surprising.
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #99
1QUICK4
Stop or I'll Shoost

Quote:
i was saying it was more than likely the suppliers fault... either way it's surprising.

Ok. Even if it is the suppliers fault, which it was, you don't order from the supplier, they do and it gets shipped to you. now if something was messed up they should call and find out right? well right away they said they couldn't do anything about it.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #100
drifter_for_life06
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
drifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her selfdrifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifter_for_life06 Send a message via Yahoo to drifter_for_life06
first SR s13 i ever rode in back in 02-03 had a front clip from them, was a good experience, that sucks
Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #101
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Sad to hear, great shop.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #102
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Agreed, i talked to jeff a few weeks ago and he told me he was only selling 1 swap a month, opposed to the ~15-20 he used to do. There are no chinese knock-off SR20's. Hard to survive when your bread and butter is all but dissapeared.
And that too was one of the problems, they where a one trick pony.

You can also blame the rise of the KA-T as well, and the success of marketing
"how easy an SR swap is". Now, lots of people are doing it at home, buying clips from any dozen of other reputable engine sellers, many of which where cheaper.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote