Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #151
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I'm using the Mazworx bellhousing for mine, along with an OSGiken TS2BD twin disc clutch. I ordered the sleeve that OsGiken recommends to use for s13, with the stock s13 trans, since the Mazworx bellhousing uses the sr20 trans fork/ball/sleeve etc normally. I'm hoping this will give me the correct gap, but we will have to see when I get it all put together.

Also in the OsGiken instructions they say you have to shave 4mm away from the shaft inside the bellhousing that the throwout bearing sleeve slides on, or else it will hit the pressure plate of the clutch. I'm not sure if I'm going to have to do the same thing to the Mazworx bellhousing but I really hope not. I'm going to try to install the clutch, and then the bellhousing by itself and see if it hits the pressure plate. If not I'm hoping that the Sleeve I ordered gives me the 8mm gap between the bearing and pressure plate that they recommend.

edit- If you want part numbers for the sleeve/bearing I ordered for my setup for archiving purposes I could look them up when I get home.
8mm is .315in

On the setup i just did . I was aiming for .200in but it the end the machinist that did my spacer wasnt 100% on my specs ... we ended up with .300 air gap and its perfect on our set-up

We Installed everything and he drove away . I Was happy i didnt had to fuck around to make it work like the first setup i did ... do it once , do it right

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #152
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah so I guess I'll have to wait and see if the maz housing uses the same parts and requires the same mods as the sr20 housing for the giken twin disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #153
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Yeah so I guess I'll have to wait and see if the maz housing uses the same parts and requires the same mods as the sr20 housing for the giken twin disc.

If you have a Vernier caliper you could double check with some mesurments and not wait and loose time if your missing parts !

I could help you out

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #154
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
That I do not have, I have a measuring tape? [emoji24]

Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 AM   #155
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

my Gktech swaybar just got in last week and WOW !!! Quality of there parts is way over my expectation everytime

my car is schedual to go at AvFab for the cage and chassis prep in the next month ... things will go fast once its over there

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-06-2016, 07:18 PM   #156
b.series
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
b.series is making a name for him/her selfb.series is making a name for him/her selfb.series is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Why do you need to use a solenoid relocation if you have Custom made VVl lock pin vvl killer? isnt the solenoid used to lock the pin at your desired RPM? Why wouldn't you just block off the holes? Still trying to learn about this head swap before I get it.
b.series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #157
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
rbs14kouki - Will you please post how the sway bar endlinks attach to the lower control arm? I am very interesting in this setup. I have the GKTech FLCA's so I assume this will work with them.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #158
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.series View Post
Why do you need to use a solenoid relocation if you have Custom made VVl lock pin vvl killer? isnt the solenoid used to lock the pin at your desired RPM? Why wouldn't you just block off the holes? Still trying to learn about this head swap before I get it.
ill keep the mazworx plate in the back of the head but all the holes are gona be blocked ... im not gona run the vvl relocation kit .

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-07-2016, 06:50 PM   #159
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
rbs14kouki - Will you please post how the sway bar endlinks attach to the lower control arm? I am very interesting in this setup. I have the GKTech FLCA's so I assume this will work with them.
if you look at the flca ...

on the right of the tie rod stopper ... you have 3 holes ! the endlinks bolts in there ... i guees they make 3 position for different size swaybar !?!? that im not sure

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #160
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
if you look at the flca ...

on the right of the tie rod stopper ... you have 3 holes ! the endlinks bolts in there ... i guees they make 3 position for different size swaybar !?!? that im not sure

I figured that might be where it mounts. Can you post the endlinks that come with the bar at some point?
Old 11-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #161
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Probably three positions based on how far you extend the lca outwards.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:52 AM   #162
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I figured that might be where it mounts. Can you post the endlinks that come with the bar at some point?
they dont give a end link with the swaybar ... ill just by a set of sikky or something like that (pillowball) to finish the set-up

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 01-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #163
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is a rad thread, years of building for assurity. Cant wait to see it on track however!

Give us some more updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #164
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

here is an update in the car . slow process sorry guy's

The cage is in process at #avfabrication . We made good progress in the last 2 weeks even tho we only work 4hours a week on the car .

With the shop almost at full capacity and with big project cars, its just normal that we only work on my car on the sunday's ... clients come first and leave pleased from the shop , that's our number one goal .

Next step is to had some more bracing and then drop the cage to weld the top . After that we attack the transmission tunnel and seat position before finishing the rest of the cage .

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #165
The Real Keith

The Real Keith is an unknown quantity at this point
It exam

The Real Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #166
Will.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome build
Will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #167
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
People are getting $430 for P12 cams? Jeeze, I sold mine for $300

Nice build, similar to mine (VE head, 350 trans, lots of GKTech parts)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:47 PM   #168
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
People are getting $430 for P12 cams? Jeeze, I sold mine for $300

Nice build, similar to mine (VE head, 350 trans, lots of GKTech parts)
Yeah since nissan doesnt make them anymore they go for more then that now ... i got lucky with my set a 400$ if i ever change its for some 184st but i make my engin start and run before upgrading again hahahajhaha

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 11-23-2018, 01:54 AM   #169
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

I just updated my first post to what the list of parts that are on the car as of today ... i will update with pictures soon

I know my built is taking way to long but a separation with my ex. Selling my house loosing shit tone of money just to get a new start . It got me good but im back on my feet now and ready to finish this once and for all

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 12-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #170
denver_nieman

denver_nieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I just updated my first post to what the list of parts that are on the car as of today ... i will update with pictures soon

I know my built is taking way to long but a separation with my ex. Selling my house loosing shit tone of money just to get a new start . It got me good but im back on my feet now and ready to finish this once and for all
Hopefully I see some more post on this soon, will definitely be following
denver_nieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:51 AM   #171
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

I'm all in for updates my man! I remember this build from the jump. Sorry to hear about the split, but I'm glad to hear that you're back and keeping it moving.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #172
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'm all in for updates my man! I remember this build from the jump. Sorry to hear about the split, but I'm glad to hear that you're back and keeping it moving.
Ditto, would like more updates and see this thing rip
Old 02-07-2019, 05:00 AM   #173
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

I Parted out my sr20vet to built a 2.2 bottom end and i had a spaire head laying around that i wanted to built with kelford stuff and aftermarket shimless valves (after a saw JP r&d on the supertech vs Kelford springs) ... i couldnt convince my self to take appart a perfectly built bottom end to sleeve it and change my head completly after all those hours in it .... it sold it self for my asking price localy in 2weeks

Now building the spaire block to 2.2 and we should be good to go .

Ordered all my electronic for the car too ! Biggess financial error hahahaha but ffff-it im pump about whats coming

Motec:
M130 (gpr package with stage 2 loging)
C127 dash
Tc8 egt box
And my all ready purshace pdm15

2019 here i come

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 02-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #174
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:

Now building the spaire block to 2.2 and we should be good to go .

Ordered all my electronic for the car too ! Biggess financial error hahahaha but ffff-it im pump about whats coming

Motec:
M130 (gpr package with stage 2 loging)
C127 dash
Tc8 egt box
And my all ready purshace pdm15

2019 here i come
Dang dude! This thing is going to be mental.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #175
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
I Parted out my sr20vet to built a 2.2 bottom end and i had a spaire head laying around that i wanted to built with kelford stuff and aftermarket shimless valves (after a saw JP r&d on the supertech vs Kelford springs)
So what was the comparison between Supertech/Kelford and the consensus afterword?