Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
Timeattack
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Timeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to set s13 timing?

Alright guys, i couldnt find anything on here sooo ill just ask. Im about to drop in my KA24DE that i just finished rebuilding. When i bought the car the engine was halfway "taken apart" so i wasnt able to mark the distributor or anything. But the engine is at TDC and i just want to get it in the ballpark until i run a timing light, where do I start???
Timeattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Giorgakis02

Giorgakis02 is an unknown quantity at this point
make sure that the number 1 cyl is at tdc. then take the distributor off and take the cap off till you see the rotor. and the book says to set it at the no1 spark plug. but you have to set it at the one under it because when you insert it into the engine it will move up to the number 1 spark. after that ur set.
Giorgakis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
Timeattack
Leaky Injector

Timeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymoreTimeattack is not welcome here anymore
Sounds simple, thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Giorgakis02

Giorgakis02 is an unknown quantity at this point
let me know how it goes. it took me forever to get it right. till i put it in with the cap off and saw the rotor move up as you inserted it into the motor. then i put it a plug lower and when it went in it was set at number 1.
Giorgakis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
Timeattack
Leaky Injector

This kind of worked, i had to mess with it a little bit but this procedure got it close enough to crank.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #6
verge513
Leaky Injector

verge513 is making a name for him/her selfverge513 is making a name for him/her self
hey about timing i have the lower chain connected to the middle chain (i believe its called the idler) but it dosnt seem to match up like i see in the manuals.. like they match up but look off by acouple of teeth... and when it comes to the teeth on the cams, everyone says the lobs are suppose to face outward the #1 at tdc, but when i set the cams like this the marks on the chains marks dont match the marks on the cam gears..what can i be doing wrong? i rebuilt the motor completly and this is the main factor to getting it to run. i still have it out of the car, so theres no way to just crank it, and also i got the links to match then cams and idler but the cam lobs seemed to low, they faced outward but were lower down than what i see in my old pics of the engine before break down. what can i be doing wrong
verge513 is offline   Reply With Quote