Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Which bike? Hmmmmmm
2008 Suzuki Gsx-r 56 30.43%
2008 Yamaha R1 50 27.17%
2008 Honda Cbr-rr 29 15.76%
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 26 14.13%
Other bikes 23 12.50%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #31
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
yeah i got a 250R because everyone says you should learn on one. luckily i was able to sell mine a month later at no loss. driving those on two lane highways is dangerous because the can't pass over 55. also my knees ached because the are made for someone around the 5' mark, and i am 6'-3" so now i am looking at buying a 01 F4i. if you are taller i say get a 600. plus the liter bikes drink more fuel than the 600s and you said that you were doing this to dodge gas prices.

also i would go used. just in case you don't like it or crash it you have a used one so you don't feel that bad about it, and you don't have to worry about breaking it in.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #32
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
the can't pass over 55
My stock 250R passed an Evo holding 105. What are you talking about?

Quote:
if you are taller i say get a 600
There is no way to build one riding position for everyone. You have to customize the bke to your preference, assuming you know what you want.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #33
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post

There is no way to build one riding position for everyone. You have to customize the bke to your preference, assuming you know what you want.
Evo driver sucks or you weight next to nothing
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #34
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
My stock 250R passed an Evo holding 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung918 View Post
Evo driver sucks
Holding = standing still. The 250R was supposedly max at 105 according to people. I would say it could hold 105 no problem. Now getting above 110+ would be a challenge without gearing change.

Quote:
you weight next to nothing
Weight = weigh.

Same test with 250 lbs. rider. Same results.

Private industrial park where my friend works BTW. Not public roads.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #35
sunnys14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
sunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
the gixxer is no where near the lightest bike in the 600cc or 1000cc category.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #36
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnys14 View Post
the gixxer is no where near the lightest bike in the 600cc or 1000cc category.
Which one has the lightest dry weight?

Ninja and Evo in question BTW.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #37
sunnys14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
sunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
...........?!??!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #38
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Quote:

I am 6'2, 220 and the 2000 250R i had (bone stock but ran strong) maxed out at 95 MPH, and it needed a long time to go from 65,75 to that 95. from what i have read on 250 forums that most top out at 100MPH but that is with a small light rider and that was good for a guy my size. although i have heard from a guy who had on that was older than mine, stage 2 jets, muzzy exhaust, pods, and everthing weight shaved off the bike for track use that he could that that bike got him (200 ish) up to around 100 decently.

and for the pegs to work for me i would have had to move them back about 6" and drop them about 2-3" which would have meant that i could not have cornered near as well. It was comfortable enough for the first hour of my last trip, but by hour 2 it was starting to get rough, and by hour 3 me knees were killing me, and they felt like that the rest of the day.

now what you said about being easy and forgiving to ride is true, but if this guy buys a new 250 he in going to get tired of it in a few months and sell it at a loss of a few thousand. so i say get the 600 and be cautious when learning, or try and rent/borrow a 250 for a while to start out with.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #39
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Quote:
Evo driver sucks or you weight next to nothing
and i believe that by saying you weigh next to nothing he meant that your person (bodyweight) weighs next to nothing. my 250 had a higher poer to weight ratio dry than my RB25 240, but once you fill it up and put me on it it was way lower than my 240, add a backpack and a weekend worth of clothes, and the 250 is a dog.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #40
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Im 6'2 and 260lbs... So i don't think me being on a 1000 would be a problem and im not an idiot. I weight the bike down enough
Old 06-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #41
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
^ dont know how i ever missed you. if you user name means what i think it does.... well... GTFO and DIAF.
Its my chassis code. Didn't even know MS13 was a gang until i already signed up.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:55 PM   #42
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
Im 6'2 and 260lbs... So i don't think me being on a 1000 would be a problem and im not an idiot. I weight the bike down enough
contradiction perhaps? Hmmmmm?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:32 AM   #43
DJM AutoWerkz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DJM AutoWerkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got a 07 yamaha r6.I have never ever rode a bike and i purchases his bike brand new.But I must say the r6 sits higher then the gixxer 600.My buddy has a 07 gixxer and it sits lower in stock form.Also the gixxer 600 uis a good beginner bike cause it has the gear gauge to show u what gear ur in.hazard switch which the r6 doesnt..but i luv the r6 better then any bike out there and both bikes are eazy to ride one u get the hang of them.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #44
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
now what you said about being easy and forgiving to ride is true, but if this guy buys a new 250 he in going to get tired of it in a few months and sell it at a loss of a few thousand
Quote:
Buy one for cheap. Learn to ride. Crash it a few times. Laugh about it. Then sell for more than you paid for it.
Quote:
so i say get the 600 and be cautious when learning
I agree 50%. For standard, touring, and cruisers, anything will do. I do not think a new rider should start out on a 600 supersport. It has to do with the riding position, the short wheelbase, the rake, the lowered bars, etc.

Quote:
try and rent/borrow a 250 for a while to start out with.
This would be best.

Do what you want. Just be sensible and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. It doesn't matter what you ride if you use your head. There are lot of people here who ride and wouldn't mind helping you out.

Do you think any of you can take me on a 250 on a short roadcourse? I'm terror on a 250, that is, until I start scraping mufflers
Old 06-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #45
DrG_RPS13

DrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Dude I am about 6'3 and weigh 105kg's and the 1000 nearly killed me a couple of times when I just got it. And I've been riding on a 650 for about a year prior, every day, and week ends.

Even if you weigh 300lbs the 1000 (and most bikes for that matter) can and will get you killed if you are not serious and careful. No one here is hating - they just all want you to make a sensible decision.

If you are scared to loose money and you want a big boy bike then I'd say the only solution is the GSXR K7 or K8. BUT, then you MUST have the self discipline to use the Mode Settings. Run it in C-mode for at least a month, then Switch to B Mode after that. Then after maybe 3 months if you're still alive switch to A-mode.

But spend a bit less on the bike and get some decent gear. Not just a helmet. Get boots, gloves, Jacket and riding pants. in that order. Research shows that after the head the feet are the most vulnarable in a bike accident. And read up a bit and buy good quality gear. 2mm+ leather with decent stiching.

And go for rider training.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #46
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG_RPS13 View Post
Dude I am about 6'3 and weigh 105kg's and the 1000 nearly killed me a couple of times when I just got it. And I've been riding on a 650 for about a year prior, every day, and week ends.

Even if you weigh 300lbs the 1000 (and most bikes for that matter) can and will get you killed if you are not serious and careful. No one here is hating - they just all want you to make a sensible decision.

If you are scared to loose money and you want a big boy bike then I'd say the only solution is the GSXR K7 or K8. BUT, then you MUST have the self discipline to use the Mode Settings. Run it in C-mode for at least a month, then Switch to B Mode after that. Then after maybe 3 months if you're still alive switch to A-mode.

But spend a bit less on the bike and get some decent gear. Not just a helmet. Get boots, gloves, Jacket and riding pants. in that order. Research shows that after the head the feet are the most vulnarable in a bike accident. And read up a bit and buy good quality gear. 2mm+ leather with decent stiching.

And go for rider training.
word don't drop all your money on a bike. Most peole who just go out and get one that i see around where i live wire with the street shoes, pants/jeans, t-shirt and no gloves.
I ride with full setup is best, the bare minimum i ride with around town (to the store and back, i always go with pants too if riding on the highway) is jacket, gloves, boots, full face (with the shield down, idiots ride with it up allot) cause if you crash you need that stuff to keep you alive and happy. fixing a crashed biker is a LOT cheaper than the medical bills you will have with no protective equipment.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #47
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

and as far as the voting goes, I am getting a CBR 600 F4i here int he next couple of days used for around $4K. yay for used bikes.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #48
MomentumGT
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to behold
I'm voting for other...Triumph Daytona 675 just to be different. GSXR's are like the honda civic of bikes and are a dime a dozen. Better to stand out before you get laid down...I'm with g6civic in starting out small. The 250r has a very good resale value and after using and learning on it you can resell it with little loss as long as everything is still in good condition. GL and stay safe.

-Jon

momentumgt.com - "building blocks of speed"
Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #49
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
I talked to a buddy of mine and he is gonna let me use his 250 ninja. So i don't have to go out and buy my own.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #50
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentumGT View Post
GSXR's are like the honda civic of bikes and are a dime a dozen. Better to stand out before you get laid down
Out of the current 600 supersports offerings from the 4 major Jap manufacturers, I prefer the gixxer the most because the riding position requires the fewest adjustments to my style of riding.

All I would need is a Corbin and flip the shift lever upside down. Throw on a Puig windscreen, a set of frame sliders/rear wheel spools and it's perfect for me.

Although the 08 250R is starting to grow on me. I'd like to buy both actually
Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #51
TCtrackrunner
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
TCtrackrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Start small and work your way up and wear you gear no bs i have friends with bad cuts
Old 06-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #52
posdriftin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
posdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
my2 cents....
the gixxer is a great bike gonna cost more for insurance (because they are the most pop. bike and get downed and stolen alot) has midrange powert

the r6 is a track bike with lights.. great for racing and not so comfortable in the long run...loves to rev..not much fun in lower rpm

the honda i have no idea about.. heard good things though

the kawasaki zx6 seemed very stable and balanced.. alot of older gixxer (stunters) guys are switching to these because there the new stunt bikes people use..

everyones opinion is gonna be different... why not go to a bike shop and sit on allof them and see what feels the best to you ..some are to tall some are to wide..

i would avoid the 08 ninja 250r... why buy a bike to out grow it in a few months.. looks nice though...
Old 06-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #53
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Quote:
I talked to a buddy of mine and he is gonna let me use his 250 ninja. So i don't have to go out and buy my own.
good choice. i just picked up a 01 F4i last night, rode around town and on the highway for 3 hours. I can say that it really wants to hand you your ass if you don't give it the respect it deserves. WAYYYYYY more power than the 250, i am veary sure this thing is faster than my RB25 S14, it requires a delicate wrist to work it well.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #54
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

I don't think that a 250 can beat ur rb'd s14... His 250 couldn't beat my sr,But yea ima ride around with that for a while,get the hang of it. Gonna get a zx10r ninja.. I was going with the gixxer but they are everywhere! So yea getting a liter bike. In a few months if all goes well.. Ill be riding the 250 until that time. Looking to put in atleast 4 hours of riding a day.. and maybe canyon cruise with my cousin and the fearless stunters
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #55
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

If i feel that im not ready.. Then i will Wait and ride the 250.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #56
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
why not try a 600 before you take the plunge into a liter? you may like the handling characteristics... straight line speed isnt everything (like i need to say that on zilvia )
Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #57
jsasrsr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jsasrsr
if your really that confident, then go for a 600 bike... but no matter what you get, please get yourself a ninja and possibly a gixxer. i learned on a 250 and now that i rode a 6 i still dont feel that confident... +1 to him ^^
Old 06-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #58
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ive been thinking about the 250r for a while now. the 08's look amazing (except the small rear tire.) my only fear is that i'd grow out of it too soon and want a 600, but bikes depreciate slow so getting my money back wouldnt be a big deal.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #59
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Why put up a poll if you don't like the choices people pick?

This is how unbelievable broad your choices are.

2008 Suzuki Gsx-r 32 34.78%

This can include GSX-R 600, 750, 1000, and possibly Hayabusa (GSX-1300 R if using the older nomenclature)

2008 Honda Cbr-rr 9 9.78%

This can mean CBR600RR or CBR1000RR.

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 18 19.57%

This can mean any of the Ninja line, including 250R, 500R, 650R, ZX6-R, ZX10-R, or ZX14-R. If you want to get technical, you can add in the ZZR-600 as well because it's the previous generation Ninja.

Other bikes 13 14.13%

This includes everything on 2 wheels, including bicycles.

If you don't know much about riding but insist on picking the bike before you learn, then just do it and see what happens.

If you want to learn then like I said above, there are many who can help you.

Live and let die.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #60
DrG_RPS13

DrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura aboutDrG_RPS13 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo tuned s14 View Post
ive been thinking about the 250r for a while now. the 08's look amazing (except the small rear tire.) my only fear is that i'd grow out of it too soon and want a 600, but bikes depreciate slow so getting my money back wouldnt be a big deal.
The K8 600 and 750 gixxers also have the suzuki mode selector switch which would make it ideal if you are starting out as well.

So get the 750 and start off on C mode. That way you will have a fairly "civil" introduction and as your skills improve you can work your way up to A mode. The modern 750 gixxer is about as quick as the older generation R1's so it's by no means a "small" bike. And it comes in that fantastic burnt orange.

I've said this in every post but here goes again. Do get some rider and track training. Too many guys die cause they don't know how to react in an emergency. Swerving, proper braking, proper cornering and general bike-sense (especially since you'll be commuting) are things you need to be taught. And I'm not talking about some random bar talk about bikes.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on in the end.
Closed Thread