Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #1
Raysurc
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Raysurc can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raysurc
Angry goodyear trouble

i go to goodyear and purchase falken 512 (any reviews?) and get an alignment. they do the alignment. prior to getting the new tires, my car went straight when i wanted it to. but now, i have to have the steering wheel face a little to the left in order to keep the car going straight, otherwise it'll want to go right. we find out (during the alignment) that my front right tie bar is bent a little and the boots(the one for the steering) are broken.

my instructor says that they should have had a pre-inspection, and if there was anything bent or lose, that they shouldnt have done the alignment. is this correct?

also, i went back there today and the guy said theres nothing they can do about it unless the things are fixed. thats Fn gay because my car went STRAIGHT before it got "aligned". they should fix this(the not going straight part)

if not, im going to assume i get my money back or call the BBB. comments?
Raysurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
krustindumm
Zilvia Junkie

krustindumm is an unknown quantity at this point
scan & post the alignment printout.

-Dustin
krustindumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
umm.... replace the tie rod? duhhh
Old 04-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #4
Yoshi
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx
umm.... replace the tie rod? duhhh
I think the point now, is that even after he replaces the rod, they'll charge him to re-align, which if his instructor is correct, is their bad and he should not be charged for the 2nd alignment.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
ah i see. in that case you are right.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:58 PM   #6
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Yeah, bingo. It is their job to make sure everything is good before they align it so you SHOULD get another free alignment for when you do fix the stuff. Have your instructor call them and talk to them, if he is a cool dude he should help out.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #7
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Well, they at least should have told you that it was bent, and then asked if you wanted to continue with the alignment. They didn’t actually hurt/damage your car, so really they did nothing wrong. It’s a shop things need to get done quickly. Or the customer bitches, when something goes wrong the customer bitches even more. It was an honest mistake, so don’t be rude they will most likely do a free alignment for you, when you get the part fixed.
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #8
Raysurc
Leaky Injector

Raysurc can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Raysurc
thanks for some clearifications that i needed. i wasnt going to be a punk about the situation unless it was fixed and resolved without costing me more money. another thing that was brought up is that they said i should get my steerin rack(case)(?) should be redone, and told me they can do it for a little less than $800. is that expensive or is that a about right price?
Raysurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For $800, i'd drive around with a leaky PS rack... or pick one up at a junkyard.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:07 AM   #10
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
I would try just going and tightening the fittings, and the line from the reservoir. Both my s14's had leaky ps lines, and all I did was tighten the clamps a bit. That stopped the leaks fine for me.
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote