Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #31
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Yes that's true, there are two reasons:

2. Someone has already done it, so it "works".
Old 09-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #32
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Anybody had success running stock springs with bc retainers? I've got a built head with BC springs and retainers, but I'm thinking about changing the springs out for stock ones that aren't so stiff. Planning on revving to at least 8k.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:45 AM   #33
ProjectSQ

Trader Rating: (0)
ProjectSQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would stick to the bc's..why would you want softer? If you're concerned about your HLA's then go solid...but then again I made this thread because I don't have much experience with head mods on the sr so hopefully someone else can chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProjectSQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #34
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just because of the added stress on the valvetrain components with the stiffer springs, as Kingtal0n was talking about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I always use the minimum spring for the application. For example, if I had just rebuilt an sr20det to OEM specification, I would use the OEM spring, with an OEM compatible camshaft like the S3 or S4. By keeping the OEM spring and redline, I enhance the durability of the engine by minimizing those forces that would seek to destroy it.
But I think for what my rpm goals are, the stock retainers aren't the problem, and the springs are. So I guess I'm staying with all the BC stuff, except the BC cams, sold those for JWT's of course. Although I have heard of people doing 8k on stock springs with no issues?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #35
ProjectSQ

Trader Rating: (0)
ProjectSQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've also heard a lot of things, most of which I wouldn't put my faith in. It might not exactly be "cutting corners" but still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProjectSQ is offline   Reply With Quote