Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
KA24DE new clutch problems.

I installed a new EXEDY clutch with a brand new flywheel just last night. I also replaced my slave cylinder.

Now the problem I'm having is I can't shift into gears right. I can shift into first and second, but I really have to hammer down on it and anything after that It grinds. I installed the clutch disk correctly and everything is torqued down to spec. I can't seem to figure out what's making my gears go in rough..

I've read this last hour and no one had really answered the question, besides adjusting the clutch pedal, which I'm going to try now. Any other suggestions would be great, Thanks.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Remove clutch damper, bleed clutch, adjust pedal for proper free play, bleed clutch again. Find disengagement point, is it on the floor, high up or halfway? Start engine, find disengagement point or put clutch pedal to the floor, you should be able to run through all the forward gear easily, put it back in neutral before you test entering reverse. If it grinds or is impossible to put in gear, can you pump the clutch to remedy the issue? If so you may have a leak. Or need to re bleed. Does the slave move the fork correctly? Did the fork become detached from the pivot ball? Did the pivot ball break?

Sent from my Highly Tune Galaxy S3.4!!!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
I bleed this thing twice already, and adjusting the clutch didn't do much. I'll upload a video of the slave doing it's thing. I think It's not throwing out the fork far out enough for an engage.. I'll let u guys be the judge.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/do...4a345.mp4.html
Old 11-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
jaxshawn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
jaxshawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Clutch block removal

Do that
jaxshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Sorry forgot to mention is a 96 240 with s13 pedal, trans etc.

- oz
Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Adjusting the pedal didn't do shiet, I took everything apart again and I'm going to double check everything, make sure it's all good.

- oz
Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you put the throw out bearing in properly on the metal retainer and the fork all in there properly? The only time I had an issue with gears grinding was when I didnt replace the pilot bushing.. Swapped that and boom blamo. works
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

I sure did, I installed it using the press machine here @ work. everything with the fork was done properly, all clips are in place.

What I didn't do was seat the pressure plate down to the flywheel right, I could still still see threads through the middle of them both.. But I'm thinking that would only cause clutch to slip not make it extremly hard to get it into gears..

I'm thinking I still had some air bubbles left in there, So I'm going to bleed the crap out of it tonight. Hope everything goes smooth.