Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
regnaleb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
regnaleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sr20det swap questions! need help

Okay so i just need to tie up a few ends on my swap but i need to clear up a few things. Ive tried searching but nothing is really specific to my questions.

1. For the hoses running through the intake manifold: one tube goes out in the back of the manifold, is that the heater hose? also there are two hoses that extend around the back onto the drivers side, heater hoses aswell? how do i plug these? what do i do with them? i do not have a heater.

2. Battery hookup, for the negative terminal... to my understanding there is a wire that grounds to the body and another ground wire coming off the same terminal going to the intake manifold? so there are two wires coming off the terminal? what gauge wire should i buy? Whats the best way to hook two wires up onto the terminal? i have an oddessy battery.

3. BOLT/NUT SIZES: ive checked everywhere but cant find the exact NUT size for the stock engine mounts and the transmission mount bolt sizes that bolt to the chassis

Thank you all for the help.. this is my first swap
regnaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
1. Tube coming off the back of the intake plenum is for the brake booster. The heater lines you described need to be looped to bypass heater.

2. For the negative battery leads I have one going to the starter bold that mounts it to tranny. Another to the intake manifold and another from intake manifold to body. I used battery grounds you can buy at an autozone. The ends of them have rings to bolt them to wherever. Then use a bolt to bolt it to your battery.

3. Iirc theyre metric "m12 by something" Just grab a couple at a a hardware store and try it.
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
1.) http://givemeshred.com/sr20det-coola...implification/
Helped me out and should help you. A google search of "sr20det coolant lines" did it for me.

2.) For battery ground, obviously the lowest gauge possible would be best. I am using 1/0 welding cable for my battery to chassis. 2/0 would be sweet...
The intake mani ground could be an engine ground. One engine ground should at least be 4 gauge or thicker. I, again, will be utilizing 1/0 welding cable.
Also note: I am a fan of utilizing multiple grounding locations... IE, Battery to chassis in one spot. Engine to chassis in another, and tranny to chassis in yet another. If it helps, I have 1/0 on batt. to chassis, and will have 1/0 from head to chassis, 1/0 from trans to chassis, and ~ 4 gauge from IM to chassis or some other ground...

Last edited by Bleakley; 09-02-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
pics pics pics

you dont come to zilvia with "hey guys I am finishing a swap up etc..." without pics.

there are so few swaps left, to do, its just... so rare now. This year. so Bring us memories
Old 08-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The motor mount nuts are M10.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote