Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 09:37 AM   #31
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I stand behind my Feals
so you like a suspension company where the back is low, the front has two fist wheel gap and the front wheels stick out, the graphics are really shity and amerian looking, the driver has the name of garfields best dog friend and the name is a copy of a atual real company zeal?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #32
timandytimandy
Leaky Injector

timandytimandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Balance View Post
+1 on Fortune Auto. Built to order in the U.S.
*assembled

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
so you like a suspension company where the back is low, the front has two fist wheel gap and the front wheels stick out, the graphics are really shity and amerian looking, the driver has the name of garfields best dog friend and the name is a copy of a atual real company zeal?
yeah just weld in some metal instead of coilovers and be slammed. Clearance and traction are stupid.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:11 AM   #33
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
blah blah
you know the "actual real" DG5 coilovers are just HSD coils right? You know, hsd, stance, driftworks, dg5. They're the same. But you're over here running on about "fortune cookie auto" when they're making stuff that blows those out of the water.

Do your research "bruh" because it makes you look stupid.

Yeah fortune auto is "assembled" in the U.S.

Hand assembled with amsoil shock fluid, they all have their own serial #, and are run on a shock dyno prior to ever making it in the box. Built to whatever custom spec you desire. That's where the QC is important. Machining a top hat in Taiwan isn't making the coils perform worse.

Having some guy in a factory who rides a bicycle to work mass assembling coilovers for 15 different brands across the world however will.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:29 AM   #34
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Yeah because the reason you kids buy coils is dumb. Let's get to the floor and hit as many things as I can. Crazy to think people actually buy custom valved and spring coilovers tailored to their car and mods. Mind blowing
Old 03-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #35
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
It's silly how zilvia writes off all the taiwan/chineseoff brands but once theres this red neck off brand that it's all of sudden so much better then any chiense one.

why u ask?

local?
shock dyno?
rebuildable in the US?
Performance?

nope Cheap
Old 03-31-2016, 10:38 AM   #36
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Yeah because the reason you kids buy coils is dumb. Let's get to the floor and hit as many things as I can. Crazy to think people actually buy custom valved and spring coilovers tailored to their car and mods. Mind blowing
yes because if there it no custom specs then it automatically bottons and out and sucks right?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:41 AM   #37
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Buying FA is like saying oh my ugly gf is now pretty hot cause i custom gave her a new out fit. can't polish a turd
Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 AM   #38
Kis4Kouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Kis4Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My buddys s14 has bc coilovers and it made huge difference over the pos d2 that was previously on them. Precise dampening and good compression/rebound make for a controlable and responsive ride. Good for grip driving or drifting. And the local drift event has a extremely bumpy course. Look up Piedmont drift. Cars with crap coilovers bouncing all over the place lol.
I just ordered a set of fa500 with swift springs from enjuku right at 1500. Went with them because they are a hour away from me and they valve the shocks to your spring rate.
Hopefully in the next few weeks ill be able to give my opinion on them.
Ethier way bc or fortune auto, from what i have seen, are a good choice.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 PM   #39
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
It's silly how zilvia writes off all the taiwan/chineseoff brands but once theres this red neck off brand that it's all of sudden so much better then any chiense one.

why u ask?

local?
shock dyno?
rebuildable in the US?
Performance?

nope Cheap
No that's the guys who buy cx racing coilovers. And actually they're more expensive than some of the others so yeah people are actually paying more money for a better product.

What makes them a red neck company? What makes them an off brand? "You can't polish a turd" I agree. Except they're actually good lol. You know how to read a shock dyno? You say they suck but you literally have not a single legitimate bad thing about them lol.

In fact your beloved dg5 IS and off brand. HSD is the manufacturer. It is literally the coilover equivalent of polishing a turd. Taking a cheap product and putting some important names behind it and calling something better than what it is and raising the price tag. They come standard with swift springs which gives the impression that they're somehow better dampers. You have no idea what you're talking about but you keep trying with silly metaphors lol.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:56 PM   #40
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
LOL another coilover thread I see...what a shock. And the typical bashing of FA yet once again. I have been in many cars with different coilovers in different setups. I purchased 2 sets of FA 500s for my LSx build and for a non-LSx build. Upgraded to Swift Springs and had zero complaints. Comfy for DD and have plenty of performance information regarding them.

Nothing like my KW V3's that I had in the M3 but then again look at the price difference.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:46 PM   #41
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
LOL another coilover thread I see...what a shock.
Heyyyoooo~~~

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:48 PM   #42
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
if you guys want to debate:

a lot of praise is going to swift, but it looks like it's all feeling, not actual gauge-able performance. to consider springs great, you must look at feeling and solid performance numbers. perhaps compare track time aggregates of a control (coilover with included spring) vs swift (same coilover but with swift springs installed, duh), not that many people would have access to that information....voice trails off...
Old 03-31-2016, 02:03 PM   #43
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
ehh for a spring, the things to look at are mainly consistency in production, so when you have an 8k spring, it really is 8k and not 7.5k for example. And then, you want to make sure that the spring rate is tested in it's full range from standing height all the way to maximum compression. And you want to make sure (assuming you want linear springs) that the spring rate stays at 8kg/mm through its full compression range.

I know Tanabe springs were made/tested in that sort of way bc I used to work there. Swift, I believe is produced in the same standard, or maybe better. Also, the type of metal that's used is something to consider... I don't feel like doing the actual research, but I recall Swift being made by some sort of composite with great properties. Meh...

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #44
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
I have 9k/7k fortune auto 500s with 6" swift on my s13 and its lit. I need to get the other rear mount so I can lower the car more... I think its better than my PBMs were but I went a year between driving the car with PBM and FA so I don't know. I have more grip coming out of corners though.

Lots of sentences starting with "I" there

FEAL is cool too
Old 03-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #45
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
ehh for a spring, the things to look at are mainly consistency in production, so when you have an 8k spring, it really is 8k and not 7.5k for example. And then, you want to make sure that the spring rate is tested in it's full range from standing height all the way to maximum compression. And you want to make sure (assuming you want linear springs) that the spring rate stays at 8kg/mm through its full compression range.
that's really all it is. Consistency both in spring rate and through the compression of the spring. This is why it's such a surprising difference in ride quality when it seems like a fairly minor difference. But this consistency is also what lets even a lower quality damper achieve better results.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #46
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't understand how STANCE has not come up. Touge Factory has been in business for almost 20 years, and has been supporting the Stance brand for most of that time.

What I like about Stance is that the company has been around for much longer than some of the other companies people are suggesting. Stance isn't on it's first (or second, or third) iteration of product. They've implemented revision after revision, and few shops know drifting like Touge Factory does.

Just something to think about.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #47
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Hell even the hks hipermax iv isnt a bad option if u want to go 1500 or under
Old 03-31-2016, 03:51 PM   #48
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
I don't understand how STANCE has not come up. Touge Factory has been in business for almost 20 years, and has been supporting the Stance brand for most of that time.

What I like about Stance is that the company has been around for much longer than some of the other companies people are suggesting. Stance isn't on it's first (or second, or third) iteration of product. They've implemented revision after revision, and few shops know drifting like Touge Factory does.

Just something to think about.
Marketing my man. People are lead to believe just because buba in the south is custom making each valving and there is a ged of its shock dynos they are getting a 5k coilover for 1k.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:55 PM   #49
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Closing this since almost every time a coilover thread comes up, it goes to shit (surprise, huh?).

OP, please do your research.

There is plenty of information, reviews, and opinions on coilovers. A quick google search will yield you some good results.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Closed Thread