Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
xs420240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
JDMBart

I bought a "Bee*R Rev Limiter" from JDMBart (his name is Bart Papiez from Burbank, IL) around Christmas 2014. It did not state anywhere in the post that that it was a copy, replica, or Bee*R style product. Maybe I should have done some research before buying it but I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt seeing that it wasn't listed anywhere that it was a counterfeit. He wanted $140 so I paypaled the $140 not using the gift feature. I received it and found out that it was a copied product and worked it out with him that I would return it on my expense and receive a full refund. I returned it and tracked the shipping all the way back to Illinois. Ever since it arrived back at his place on December 23rd I have PMed him asking for the refund and gotten no response. I'm now looking at going through the bank to get my money back since paypal was no help after they closed my claim when I accidentally provided the wrong tracking number even after I proved to them that the package was successfully delivered. If the bank is unable to get me my money back, it looks like I'll have to take it to small claims court in Illinois. I just want the $140 back after I made good on my word to return the limiter in working condition because now he has my money and his limiter back. Do what you promised and give me back my $140.

Last edited by xs420240sx; 01-14-2015 at 03:22 PM..
xs420240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
laurentj23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you pay using cc or debit?

'Born Ready!',LJ
laurentj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurentj23 View Post
Did you pay using cc or debit?
credit card. already filed a dispute with my bank who the card was issued from and waiting for a response.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #4
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this ever work out in your favor or are you still waiting for a responce

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
this ever work out in your favor or are you still waiting for a responce
still waiting on the bank to respond unfortunately. i don't see why any of these companies wouldn't side with me and rightfully get my money back.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #6
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Update: The bank has contacted me and are processing my dispute. They have told me that they will attempt to contact Bart and he will either accept and refund or deny and have to provide documentation on why he shouldn't have to refund. Lets see if he answers.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
JSimpson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
JSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Man you know his address since you shipped him the limiter back, just call up some of your boys in chicago and show up at his house.
JSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #8
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sorry to hear that, i've been putting the guys selling fake ones all over facebook groups on blast recently. Usually ends up with them getting banned from every group. The only problem is when they don't specify them being "replica" or copies. It's kind of fun haha.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #9
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Update: The credit card company has issued a chargeback on the transaction so it shouldn't be long until I get my money back and I can finally put this whole situation behind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Sorry to hear that, i've been putting the guys selling fake ones all over facebook groups on blast recently. Usually ends up with them getting banned from every group. The only problem is when they don't specify them being "replica" or copies. It's kind of fun haha.
yeah that's probably the biggest problem aside from them not even know they're copies in the first place. when you buy one and it doesn't say it's a replica or copy or style anywhere and you get it expecting it to be a real unit and it's not it's frustrating. some people say they have fake units and they work just fine but it's still an inferior product and hooking that up to the thing that controls your engine can't be the brightest idea. replica units are $60 shipped from china and people are selling them practically for retail of the real units. people will still buy the fakes because a rep is "$140" and a real one is "$350-$400". I don't see why anyone would sell even a real one for $350-$400 if retail is listed on Bee*R's site at 24,800 yen plus tax. sure learned my lesson from this ordeal. it's that everything has been copied, watch for fakes.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #10
silversr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
silversr is making a name for him/her selfsilversr is making a name for him/her selfsilversr is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That douche cannot be trusted. Back in October he had a 89 coupe for sale on craigslist and in his description he said it was clean and from the pictures it looked decent (non running car). I drove a total of 12hrs and wasted $500 on fuel and the trailer rental for a car that should've been in the junkyard. The frame and body had holes and rust everywhere.

Guys like Bart really piss me off. He is dishonest and should be banned. It's funny that I looked him up on this site and he is banned from the market place.

Good luck on the refund man.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:25 PM   #11
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
NoFlex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversr View Post
That douche cannot be trusted. Back in October he had a 89 coupe for sale on craigslist and in his description he said it was clean and from the pictures it looked decent (non running car). I drove a total of 12hrs and wasted $500 on fuel and the trailer rental for a car that should've been in the junkyard. The frame and body had holes and rust everywhere.

Guys like Bart really piss me off. He is dishonest and should be banned. It's funny that I looked him up on this site and he is banned from the market place.

Good luck on the refund man.
did i read that correctly? you expected a rust free 89 from Chicago? LOL hope you're trolling
NoFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #12
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlex View Post
did i read that correctly? you expected a rust free 89 from Chicago? LOL hope you're trolling
at least if it was rusted to shit be straight up about it. not say it's clean
Old 02-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #13
silversr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
silversr is making a name for him/her selfsilversr is making a name for him/her selfsilversr is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlex View Post
No. I expected some rust. Not a rusty POS. He was dishonest about his description. Wtf am I suppose to expect? How about honest sellers? You must be one of his butt buddies
Old 02-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #14
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

this guy Bart is a real tool
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2015-02-27 at 9.16.22 AM.png (40.3 KB, 150 views)
Old 02-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #15
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Damn, I didn't know they made fake bee-rs

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
RHDvert

RHDvert is an unknown quantity at this point
JDMBart here couldnt see the review threads on my banned account.. Anyways xs420240sx you got your payment refund back in Feb... funny how you havent made an "update" on your little thread here. ( I can attach screenshot proof if you'd like.) How was I supposed to refund your money sooner if it was pending in my paypal account since January and I had no access to it? I cant see your messages if my account on zilvia is banned for "scamming".
RHDvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #17
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHDvert View Post
JDMBart here couldnt see the review threads on my banned account.. Anyways xs420240sx you got your payment refund back in Feb... funny how you havent made an "update" on your little thread here. ( I can attach screenshot proof if you'd like.) How was I supposed to refund your money sooner if it was pending in my paypal account since January and I had no access to it? I cant see your messages if my account on zilvia is banned for "scamming".
First off, I guess I'll have to bring this back up since you must not have seen it up there. The bank contacted you 24 days prior to when this was sent to me on 02/27/15 so they attempted to contact you on 02/03/15 and obviously they haven't received a reply from you yet or they would have told me. I'd like to see the screenshot of the successful refund and if it was successful, why didn't you reply to the bank's attempt to contact you on 02/03/15 stating you have refunded the money?

Second, all the messages I sent you after I returned the item were sent and received by you before you were banned so you would have been able to see them and respond to them, which you didn't.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #18
RHDvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs420240sx View Post
First off, I guess I'll have to bring this back up since you must not have seen it up there. The bank contacted you 24 days prior to when this was sent to me on 02/27/15 so they attempted to contact you on 02/03/15 and obviously they haven't received a reply from you yet or they would have told me. I'd like to see the screenshot of the successful refund and if it was successful, why didn't you reply to the bank's attempt to contact you on 02/03/15 stating you have refunded the money?

Second, all the messages I sent you after I returned the item were sent and received by you before you were banned so you would have been able to see them and respond to them, which you didn't.

I didn't get a single thing from your bank, ever. How did they attemp to contact me? I've never recieved a letter, no mail, or emails. So I would follow up with them on that. The money has never been in my hands paypal has had the money this whole time.. I didnt have the money when you messaged me so there was nothing to refund you had to take it up with paypal
Old 03-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #19
RHDvert

As you can see the funds have been on hold since Dec 30th. Also a total of $160 has been taken from my account
Old 03-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #20
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

As you can see the funds have been on hold since Dec 30th. Also a total of $160 has been taken from my account
Alright, I will call the bank today and see if I can finish settling the dispute. Hopefully the $20 loss and a banned account will coax you into a little better communication next time.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #21
RHDvert

well you know it helps to ask questions before you buy something.....
Old 03-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #22
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
well you know it helps to ask questions before you buy something.....
You had stated that you didn't know it was a replica to begin with either. Aside from that, I just got off the phone with the bank and they said the way they contacted you was through your bank who should have forwarded the message onto you. Wether you got it or not would have been up to your bank. The refund was posted and now I must wait out the remaining of the 45 days to receive credit from the refund. You don't have to do anything else and if you somehow do find where your bank contacted you, you can just ignore it at this point.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #23
RHDvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs420240sx View Post
You had stated that you didn't know it was a replica to begin with either. Aside from that, I just got off the phone with the bank and they said the way they contacted you was through your bank who should have forwarded the message onto you. Wether you got it or not would have been up to your bank. The refund was posted and now I must wait out the remaining of the 45 days to receive credit from the refund. You don't have to do anything else and if you somehow do find where your bank contacted you, you can just ignore it at this point.
alight cool and nope not a single thing