Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
My first car...KAT-PWR Hatch Build thread

As it sits now

Okay so about 4 years ago (give or take) i bought my bone stock 240 from a lady (second owner) who had owned it since it had like 7k on it to the 105k it had when i bought it for $1500. This being my first car, my father racing it's not going to stay stock. A good friend prior to me getting my license has an MKIV TT...so naturally i have a goal to shoot for

Here is about the only picture i have of it stock....bone stock with a dented fender. Thanks to my dad, i got one for cheap, he wholesales autoparts for a huge corp. so the parts come fast

Being 16 years old, obviously i wanted some audio and wheels immediately, as the radio did not work. First trip up to my dad's shop yielded a nismo shift knob and a set of 4 wheels and tires with 85% tread, locking lugs, a few drill bit sets, and some other misc tools.
And i bought some megan coilovers. Installed car audio (2 12's, 1500w amp, pioneer p3100 touch screen. Hey i was in highschool

Of course after that was done i thought i was big ballin with my mix-matched paint 240.
So at this point, i bought a ton of shit to go boosted.

After boosting the engine, a poor tune(emance)/ and dying fuel pump. The car screamed and made some good power as long as it was running balls out. That bitch caught on fire. I was killed needless to say.
All that work.....money....time...gone. Ironically enough a rad hose blew and put the fire out saving the car.
After pulling the engine and head

Fucked pistons

So i bought a parts car for 400 based on a compression test...and swapped in an unkown mileage ka24de.
Got some wheels as i was rolling non boosted

Then during my junior year of HS i gave up my spring break to do an internship at my dad's friends bodyshop/paint shop. Took me under their wing, let me use a bay and all their tools and supplies. After days of bodywork and disassembling the car it was ready for primer
Stickers, i apologize

After paint and putting the car back together, i ran into this kid i had just met through a mutual friend (one who owns the supra) and he shoots some pretty hd shots. I stopped where he was taking shots with a kid who paid him lol

I found some aero (side skirts and rear bumper) for 50 bucks local. Picked it up in time to have it painted. Also got to learn to fiberglass to fix the sideskirt that was broken.
After aero:

Got some control arms

And in my spare time i've been getting stuff ready for my engine rebuild

Then as i've been getting money i've been buying gaskets, and other turbo build parts. I bought a turbo for 20 bucks that was blown to get the inducer out of as mine got destroyed in the fire, and rebuilt mine

I managed to find a kid locally who had the front bumper that matches the rest of the kit i bought. It needs work and paint, i already glassed the cracked/weak spots. And have it mostly sanded down

Then my dad came through and a guy he does a lot of business with said we could bring my engine to him and go through him for the machine work. And we can put the engine together there, and he'll give us a hand when we need it/offer tips. Reconditioned rods, check tolerances, hot tanked, bored and honed .020 over, polished crank, pistons on rods, checked/fit rings, checked head.
Supertech 8.6:1 compression.
ARP Main/Rod/Head studs
ACL rod bearings
Clevite main bearings (ACL on a national back order)

Block studded

Head back from rebuild

Smooth as a baby's ass

Head installed

THE shop!

Starting working on my dash you can view the build thread under my other name

HERE

Got the timing chain all ready to go.

Old engine out

New stuff waiting

Old bay

New bay

Local shop that lemme use they stuffs

Re-did center console/push start and flocked

Beat a genesis with a gt30r on 16psi

Skip a head a bit
Painted New aero

Powder coat, going blow through, z brakes

Hit a deer last month

Also moved in with a couple friends

Lots of cool cars/customers/friends. LSx boosted rx7, R33 skyline, 2jz fd rx7 (not pictured)
And my car under going a transformation

Spending hours on fitment, more tweaking to do

Thankd for reading, as always this project will never end and more will always be coming.

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 02-04-2017 at 07:40 PM..
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
You have 24 hours to apologize for that houndstooth crap on the interior

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
You have 24 hours to apologize for that houndstooth crap on the interior
LOL
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
At first I was let down by the whole audio thing... But you redeemed yourself. Nice build so far, I've always loved the S13.5 Hatches.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Dany is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice man.. ur lucky u got all them connections and money lol
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
poundit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
poundit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
car has definately came a long way. Props to you
poundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Well this is certainly uncomfortable...
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...3-5-hatch.html

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #8
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Well this is certainly uncomfortable...
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...3-5-hatch.html
Crossing my fingers and hoping the OP responds! Too often they just disappear when something epic is about to happen.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
Crossing my fingers and hoping the OP responds! Too often they just disappear when something epic is about to happen.
Clarified it with him, the other account is mine... This account has issues where it says i have 0 posts and i cant search my own threads via my name, so i had no idea it had actually posted. I'm moving to this account.

Got my s15 door sills today, cut 1 tab and they fit, excuse my interior, its neglected right now

Dirty car, and nice awesome car

Lotus Exige S

At the meet

Paint soon
Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #10
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Been a long while since an update. Today i will only be posting on here, and hope to have new updates fairly frequently. I am in school and work, so there will be lapses. Like the one i've been on.
Pics before i got new wheels still havent had time to get the car painted between school/work/moving.

New wheels, don't like too much but went 5 lug 5Zigen GN+ 17x9.5 +12
Fuck i need paint

Updating interior; Suede, s15 stuff/carbon

Soon

So i got this car tuned on 18-20psi (overboosting my 14psi tial)
My ac was hotwired to keep it on, need to fix, so this dyno was with A/C ON
Martin @RS-Enthalpy is hands down the best, most easy going, professional tuner in the world. I literally can not speak enough praise over how great he has been through multiple set ups on this car over the past few years. Answering questions, what ifs, suggestions, anything. I do not think there is any other company that can offer the service Martin consistently provides.

Picked up an HX40, getting a precision .63 hotside machined to fit. No more ebay numbers for me
Old 09-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice build. That S15 front actually looks really good on a hatch
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #12
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Thanks man, i don't really have any pictures of all the aero on. But i have cut s15 skirts that really help tie it all together.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #13
pignose.007

Trader Rating: (0)
pignose.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subbed. Awesome build man! Any updates?
pignose.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #14
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Wait so at 16psi all you beat is a Geni? Am i the only one who caught that
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #15
KAs14slider
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Pretty sure he meant the genesis was on 16psi.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #16
sean710
Leaky Injector

sean710 is an unknown quantity at this point
That trailer park boys reference just made me die lol
sean710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #17
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Been working a little more on this thing...
New whees Rezax II

Working on fitment of stuff, fenders ready for paint
Old 05-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #18
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Painted some stuff last night with my new gun. Learned a lot

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 05-04-2015 at 11:49 AM..
Old 05-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #19
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice work. Were those Rota P45Rs that you used to have and what were the specs on them? They look pretty badass with all of your aero. Gave it a really track-spec look
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #20
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

17x9 +12
Msg
Old 05-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #21
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

New hotside for the new turbo set up came in
from turbo lab america

'
This pic more shows how much bigger holset coldsides look than what they actually are

Also got started on a fusebox relocation/tuck

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 11-06-2016 at 07:24 PM..
Old 05-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #22
CamberWear
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CamberWear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well I caught this build at an interesting point. It's cool that you haven't gotten bored of it! Racecar!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:33 AM   #23
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Never get bored. Can't wait to see this holset on the dyno.
I ended up racing the TT supra a while ago, i don't think i ever posted. I made 325 on the dyno with issues prior to the race we did like a 60-130 roll and we were door to door the supra on 18psi stock twins with BPU
On the 400whp tune im sure i wouldve won by a bit
Old 05-12-2015, 05:49 PM   #24
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Finally stopped being lazy and did my other door panel. Got pics and a little bit of a write up

Cut off the factory vinyl, scrape off the foam.
Tape everything off. If using a patterened fabric i like to tuck the top in along the edge of the door card to make sure the pattern is aligned on the top. Tape everything off

Apply your contact cement (DAP contact cement applied with a brush) Leave it tucked in at the top and start the adhesive at the bottom

Adhere the bottom and make sure you use a hard card to stuff the fabric into the edges
Old 06-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #25
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Working on a fusebox relocation. Harness pulled back in, ran across dash, green tape has all plugs labelled before extending the necessary wiring. So far I only really need to....
Run headlight wiring (s15 front)
Extend alternator plug
Extend AC pressure switch wire
Extend BMC plug (may not have to)
Most everything pulls back into the passenger footwell nicely
Old 06-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #26
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

More wiring today. On the home stretch

GloveBox

Then i'll scuff and respray the sides of my bay
Old 07-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #27
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
see you got a neukin catch can... i got a neukin roll cage o_O
vinnyjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #28
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Got my front end zip tie test fitted after paint, need to buff fenders as they are wetsanded in the pics. The color isn't a perfect match but it was for me to get practice. Will paint the car again when i decide on a color

Also changed up the wheel game

Need to paint my skirts and hood, possibly this weekend.
Also started it up so i supposed my wire tuck went well. Going to test lights and stuff tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #29
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Meh, zip tie test fit of my front end, still gotta paint the hood
Buffed the fenders need to wet sand more, got a couple fitment issues with wheel clearance Shitty extreme dimensions fenders

Old 11-07-2015, 11:32 PM   #30
unpaintedhatch
Leaky Injector

unpaintedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
The White comet is looking good, thanks for taking the time and effort of building a KA powered car.