Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
prodigyJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am about to part out a z32. Need some interest

Okay. So a friend of mine who messed up his na z32 is letting me buy it from him for cheap. I own, and love my s14, so I am just going to take the z32 brakes and BMC, and put them on my s14. I am going to part out the rest.

The z32 is 5 speed NA 91 model I think.
171xxx miles on it.
From what I was told, it blew out some smoke, the lost power. Rings?
It is not 2+2 version. That is about all that I know.
The body is in good shape.

Now I am curious as to what parts are worth it on this car for me to part out. I know the MAF, the 5 lug hardware and the differential and shafts are usually of interest by us s-chassis owners. What else is of value on the car for z guys. Oh yeah, I'm not sure if z32 owners ever do 5 speed swaps. That may be of vaule to some of you guys.
prodigyJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Aluminum uprights usually sell to the S chassis guys.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

Alright. I forgot about those. I'm trying to get some input from some z32 guys also.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Why not actually advertise it for sale in the correct section? The best way to gain interest is to let people take interest in it, you're going to get a ton more feedback by offering parts for sale in a for sale section.

The parts that are going to sell vary from every single car and by every single buyer. You may sell a wiper amp to one guy or a Ttop to another, the market of salable parts is based on the condition of the parts you have available and what people need. It's not like there's a list of parts that will definitely sell and a list of parts that you throw away, everything is a potential salable item.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
As always, Russ hits it right on the money.

You'd be surprised the amount of random things you'll sell when parting a car out, but yes.

Post up a for sale thread and see where that gets you.

Try Z forums also since you'd probably have a better chance with them anyway.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

Oh yeah I already knew that. I didn't input my thoughts on this enough. I am basically trying to get a head start on the disassembly of some parts if there are just common z32 parts that z32 owners would like spares of. the reason is that I am only buyin the car for the brake upgrade for my s14, but I am going to get all of the other somewhat valuable parts off of it first, since i will still need it to roll onto a trailer when I take it to the yard after the part out. Maybe that will help clear things up. I'm not really looking for anyone to say exactly what they need just yet, but rather what are common valuable parts, so I can go a head and have them taken off.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
brakes (all)
rotors (all)
brake master cylinder
brake booster
VLSD
Axles
Fuel pump
MAF Sensor
Ebrake Assembly
Ebrake Cables
Rear 5 lug hubs
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
really you could jsut swap another motor and sell the whoel car if thats the issue im sure you can find a motor for reasonable price and if you can do the swap then you eaither have a new DD or sell it and make more money then parting out possibly. but i all in all just post it up and t/w
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^personally i hate working in those engine bays. worst design ever.

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 AM   #10
zack1891
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
zack1891 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ive owned two Z32's personally a 1995 2 seater Twin Turbo and im currently driving a 1993 2+2 NA. These cars are very valuable. The parts are hard to come by and as such have a nice hefty price tag on them. The motors are HELL to work on and i mean HELL, no room what so ever. But on many days ive seen the Z32's walk away from truely sick cars with eaze. I just bought a S13 for my fiance that im rebuilding and such. But even with a rebuild without a turbo and or nitrous...she has no chance vs my NA. *its built tho*

So ..depending on the price your geeting the car for and the condition you could make quite a bit of profit.
zack1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

I posted up my for sale thread. I've got some parts pending sale. Thank you for the input everyone. The reason that I didn't put a running motor in this car is because of exactly what lazy and zack just said. The engine bay is pretty awful, and I've installed motors in rx7's. Z32 engine bay is a massive cluster f***. And also I bought the car for $150 bux. Now way am I putting money into it
Old 01-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #12
guitaraholic
Zilvia Junkie

guitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of light
Throw in an LSx engine,,,lol, can be had for cheap and you would have one hell of a monster. Heck it would even make it 100lbs or so lighter..

J/K,, though still a novel idea
guitaraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
beachin300z

beachin300z is an unknown quantity at this point
get those prices of the bumper and head light? oh and pics?
beachin300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #14
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

I haven't done shipping yet, but I will get you some pics of each item. How about we say 120 shipped for headlight, bumper, and passenger side fender? If shipping is less, I will send you the difference back.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #15
gt2871r
Leaky Injector

gt2871r is an unknown quantity at this point
how much for z32 rear 5 lug hubs?
gt2871r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

hubs are already sold.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
beachin300z

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyJJ View Post
I haven't done shipping yet, but I will get you some pics of each item. How about we say 120 shipped for headlight, bumper, and passenger side fender? If shipping is less, I will send you the difference back.
i don't need a fender. i just need the pass. head light, bumper and center grill piece... call me to let me know
910-352-8367,
thanks again, james
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #18
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

oh my bad. Thought it was a fender also. Sorry about that. I'll call you tomorrow after work.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
beachin300z

never got the call..?? at least let me get that light
Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #20
NK240
Leaky Injector