Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
donmx258

Trader Rating: (0)
donmx258 is on the path to ruindonmx258 is on the path to ruindonmx258 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best SR20DET Oil pan

Just wonder if i could get some imput on the best oil pan to get. I searched and couldn't find anything. thanks
donmx258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
greddy or tomei oil pan
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
greddy or tomei oil pan
dude i was just thinking that even before clicking on the thread.

greddy or tomei
Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
are there any other companies that manufacture them? (ive never seen anything else but those two designs...just wondering)
Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
ARC oil pan

message length

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
slamdbusa

slamdbusa is an unknown quantity at this point
GReddy, d-defenately.
slamdbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
GKTECH is making a name for him/her selfGKTECH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I prefer the Tomei over the greddy.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
180SXClone

180SXClone is an unknown quantity at this point

stock is the best!

Last edited by 180SXClone; 08-07-2007 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: im a jinker
180SXClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #9
viscid240
Zilvia Junkie

viscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really nice
I plan on running the Tomei with modified pick-up.

So I would say Tomei, also what about the Moroso, a local shop down here uses it for it's drift or sponsored cars.
viscid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
zoototheyork
BANNED

zoototheyork has made poor choiceszoototheyork has made poor choiceszoototheyork has made poor choiceszoototheyork has made poor choiceszoototheyork has made poor choiceszoototheyork has made poor choiceszoototheyork has made poor choices
how about you make your own
zoototheyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #11
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
I did not read good reviews on the Moroso on FA...maybe something is different now.

Tomei is 500+

Greddy can be had for half of that.

You decide.
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
viscid240
Zilvia Junkie

viscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really niceviscid240 is just really nice
Ok, but he never said a budget price. Never did I say the Greddy was not as good, and has been proven. I am sure that is also because no one really wants to spend the money of the ARC, or Tomei.

Of course it seems like a no brainer going with Greddy but, that's where price plays a factor in what you want to pay for.

Like I said I am going with a Tomei, may not be what he chooses, but is what I will.
viscid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #13
donmx258

donmx258 is on the path to ruindonmx258 is on the path to ruindonmx258 is on the path to ruin
does the greddy hold more oil than stock? i belive the arc one holds one more Liter
donmx258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #14
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmx258 View Post
does the greddy hold more oil than stock? i belive the arc one holds one more Liter
yeah it holds an extra quart. it also has one way trap doors that you bolt in to help prevent the oil from sloshing to one side and going away from the oil pickup.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #15
rednerd
Zilvia Member

rednerd is an unknown quantity at this point
Metal pans dent, aluminum pans shatter.
rednerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #16
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednerd View Post
id rather have it crack then dent.

denting into the oil pickup equals immediate failure

its a lot easier to dent something with a metal oil pan and not notice it

you need to drop the greddy or slam the car into somthing very hard which will probably cause you stall the motor etc anyways.

just a thought.

the dent can be a hairs ass on metal pans and cut oil flow withoutyou ever knowing it, ive done it.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #17
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
since this is a oil pan thread but not threadjacking. is there an oil pan that would clear the largus sway bar? ive search but cant find one. or i would just have to downgrade my sway bar?
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #18
iluvboost

iluvboost is an unknown quantity at this point
my greddy oil pan is awesome
iluvboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #19
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by viscid240 View Post
I plan on running the Tomei with modified pick-up.

So I would say Tomei, also what about the Moroso, a local shop down here uses it for it's drift or sponsored cars.
http://www.moroso.com/sport_display.asp?catalog=2

Where is the SR application?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #20
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Greddy holds 5 quarts. Stock is 3.

I've also dropped a motor ontop of my Greddy pan... Not a scratch on it.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #21
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
The only down side of the greddy is you can strip the threads on the oil drain and oil temp slot if your a total retard oaf.

The other thing I like about the greddy is the integrated cooling fins on the pan, something the tomei doesnt have (steel does radiate heat better though).

would be an intersting comparo? oil temp on tomei vs. greddy with pan mounted oil temp sensor?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #22
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
ARC :P if u can afford it
Sil-Eighty SE-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #23
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Best = Tomei = $550.

Great = Greddy = $350
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #24
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
Best = Tomei = $550.

Great = Greddy = $350
you just base it on money? haha ok
Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #25
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Someone raise their engine hoist all the way up and then drop the motor ontop of their Tomei pan and see if it survives... That's how we'll declare the winner..

My Greddy has already passed that test...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #26
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednerd View Post
I just went offroading at an HPDE day, and obviously was in the dirt with my Greddy pan. Not a single issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
Best = Tomei = $550.

Great = Greddy = $350
Any information to support that, aside from name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
My Greddy has already passed that test...
LOL!!!! You and Matt Vassalo (spelling) should hook up and test more of our parts this way for fun...haah!!

9-10k miles on my S14, all with greddy pan, never an issue. 6 or 7 HPDE days, 2 drag days, and tons of backroad rural PA beating.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #27
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Greddy > ARC because Greddy has hinged baffle plates. ARC does not and the damn thing costs a lot more.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmsilvia View Post
Greddy > ARC because Greddy has hinged baffle plates. ARC does not and the damn thing costs a lot more.
Yeah, I noticed the Z33 has cast in rings. But, the SR pan doesn't seem to have jack inside. Also the ARC has less cooling fins.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #29
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post

LOL!!!! You and Matt Vassalo (spelling) should hook up and test more of our parts this way for fun...haah!!

As long as I have motors to pull I am sure I'll drop some more. I always forget to lower the hoist after the motor is out of the car...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #30
SixSpeedSleuth
Zilvia Member

SixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to beholdSixSpeedSleuth is a splendid one to behold
I have the Greddy pan and love the extra oil capacity, however, the holes that you mount the baffles to did not line up. If I knew that was going to be the case, I would have just got the "Freddy" oil pan.
SixSpeedSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote