Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
Eviltaco805

Trader Rating: (0)
Eviltaco805 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone know where this ground wire goes to? [Solved]

I noticed this wire has been hanging and my 89 240sx is in limp mode and i unplug sensors and the car sounds better and now when i switch my ignition on the off position the car is still running even with the key out and with the battery unplugged the only way i get it to shut off is if I take out the efi relay. I have no clue on what's going on. https://imgur.com/a/HTI6Afj

Update: i replaced the chassis and engine harness from a manual and ecu now the car runs and revs pass 2,500 rpms now

Last edited by Eviltaco805; 08-06-2018 at 04:10 PM..
Eviltaco805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
whoa dude that's way too many things.

what sensors did you unplug? what is "limp mode"?

was the car running fine before? did you change anything or modify anything? or was the car running fine one day, you changed nothing, and then the problem started?

we need a lot more information than you're providing.

my best guess is you damaged something in the ignition switch, and now its not triggering the EGI relay to go open.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
Eviltaco805

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
whoa dude that's way too many things.

what sensors did you unplug? what is "limp mode"?

was the car running fine before? did you change anything or modify anything? or was the car running fine one day, you changed nothing, and then the problem started?

we need a lot more information than you're providing.

my best guess is you damaged something in the ignition switch, and now its not triggering the EGI relay to go open.
The car ran fine before i changed my water pump and then ran into the problem of limp mode where the car won't go pass 2,500 rpm and i even tried my friends MAF to see if that was the cause of limp mode but it didn't work and I unplugged all of the engine sensors and it was still running.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltaco805 View Post
The car ran fine before i changed my water pump and then ran into the problem of limp mode where the car won't go pass 2,500 rpm and i even tried my friends MAF to see if that was the cause of limp mode but it didn't work and I unplugged all of the engine sensors and it was still running.
Yeah if the car won't go over 2500 rpm it's almost always a maf or maf wiring issue. Unplugging other sensors won't cause the car to stall unless you unplug the distributor or enough injectors to starve fuel.

Step 1: verify that your maf wiring is good. This might be as simple as a shitty or corroded connection. You can get electrical terminal cleaner at autozone, and a wire brush or toothbrush.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #5
Eviltaco805

Okay I'll try it tomorrow and keep you updated thank you
Old 06-17-2018, 01:47 AM   #6
Eviltaco805

okay so i recently looked at my chassis harness and noticed a lot of stuff has been bypassed and hacked up so im just going to replace the harness and noticed my dash harness also has been hacked up too so ill have to replace those and hope that fixes the problem. also i had a question about will a dual cam chassis harness and dash harness work on my 89 s13?
Old 06-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Or you can just check your maf wiring and get it running now and change the harness later. Don’t make it more difficult than it is. The tell tale symptom is that you can’t rev past 2500rpm - it’s the maf or wiring to it

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:11 PM   #8
Eviltaco805

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicoder View Post
Or you can just check your maf wiring and get it running now and change the harness later. Don’t make it more difficult than it is. The tell tale symptom is that you can’t rev past 2500rpm - it’s the maf or wiring to it
Thank you for the help i fixed the problem
Old 08-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #9
Eviltaco805

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Yeah if the car won't go over 2500 rpm it's almost always a maf or maf wiring issue. Unplugging other sensors won't cause the car to stall unless you unplug the distributor or enough injectors to starve fuel.

Step 1: verify that your maf wiring is good. This might be as simple as a shitty or corroded connection. You can get electrical terminal cleaner at autozone, and a wire brush or toothbrush.
Thank you for you help i fixed the problem