Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #91
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
please hurry and make that bitch a manual. auto 240's make me sad in pants.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #92
Dazzla
Zilvia Member

Dazzla is an unknown quantity at this point
post some pics of it lowered on those black se's! I kinda want to paint mine black but I'm not sure if its better then leaving them stock coloured lol
Dazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #93
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
please hurry and make that bitch a manual. auto 240's make me sad in pants.
patience young grasshoppa. . . . I just moved for a new job and don't have a place to work on my car just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzla View Post
post some pics of it lowered on those black se's! I kinda want to paint mine black but I'm not sure if its better then leaving them stock coloured lol
check back after this weekend!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #94
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
found this one on my phone, I snapped it before going to work today, maybe it'll hold ya over till I get some better quality pics

FAIL!!! TINY PIC, UGH.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #95
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

a friend snapped this over the weekend @ Virginia International Raceway, if you've never been I highly recommend planning a trip! VIR has to be one the the best all around road courses ever! In fact Car and Driver recently named it as one of the Top 6 Road Courses in The United States! Anyway, enough advertising, and a pic as requested Dazzla. . .

I snapped this one, not the best tho,
Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #96
uLmighty
Zilvia Junkie

uLmighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uLmighty
this sound like same situation to me bro. i always wanted a 240sx and i had my eyes on s14 too but all i could find were mostly zenkis but i jst waited and waited till i saw a kouki on craiglist for $6100. i txted the dude and told him if he can take off some stuff to lower the price and surely he did and sold it to me for 5100. its as clean as urs xcept the engine bay was CLEAN!! haha

Old 10-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #97
uLmighty
Zilvia Junkie

uLmighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uLmighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
2,500? 4k? man, try living here in cali. Your lucky if u can find a 1/2 clean kouki for 6k. Most sell for 7k+ anyhow.. besides that its an auto and has high milage its still a great deal. Good find.
i agree, cali is so ridiculous somtimes. especially their emissions
Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #98
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

^thanks for the thread jack, just to summarize. . . you bought an auto Kouki, paid $2,600 more for it than I did mine, and somehow you and I are related now? Really? Go post whore someone where else kid.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #99
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
^ haha!

msglnth

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #100
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
no...... you read it wrong. he paid 2,600 more cause his engine bay is cleaner! totally worth it!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #101
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

The way it sits now I've got less than $5k in it.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #102
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

prior to removing the stock rear rotors and pads

on the left is the stock S14 rear rotor, notice the groove in it? on the right is a rear rotor from a 2003 Altima, noticeable difference in diameter!

cut off the dust shield and installed new rotor with Hawk HPS pads

^tucked inside the stock S14 16" wheels

Not much to it really, well worth the added stopping power for around $100! Personal opinion, the car doesn't nose dive nearly as much under braking as it did with the stock S14 rear rotors. I'm running Q45 brakes up front with Hawk pads as well, and with the new rear combo I gotta say its almost scary how fast it comes to a stop. For anyone looking for a cheap basic upgrade do yourself a favor and grab the 03 altima rotor, Z31 brake brackets and call it a day.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #103
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man, this thing's come a long way!

Hurry up and replace that o2 sensor, then call your friend...
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #104
whitefedorafilms
Zilvia Member

whitefedorafilms is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good. theres gotta be kouki love. they need to stay clean and treated right. our S13's are meant to beaten the crap out of.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #105
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefedorafilms View Post
looks good. theres gotta be kouki love. they need to stay clean and treated right. our S13's are meant to beaten the crap out of.
Bull shit. S13's deserve equal treatment haha. I personally think a well treated s13 can look just as well as an s14..kouki or not.
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #106
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Got the oxygen sensor replaced, check engine light off now, but I think I may need to replace the idle air control valve as the idle fluctuates up and down sometimes. Next line of business is to get a J30 or Q45 brake master cylinder and modify it, with the Q45 front calipers on this car the pedal feels softer than stock despite the system being bled and everything being in working order.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #107
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Small taste of what's to come in the near future. . .

Old 02-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #108
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
OH NO!!! Did you buy a ka24der kit? Or are you doing it yourself?
Im very excited to see this.
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #109
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

this is actually the first plate that the guys at KA24DER made (i'm told), I plan to make the tensioner bracket, intake tube and other parts required with the help of a friend that works at a machine shop. A friend has the kit on his S14 and has already seen 14 psi just from running a smaller pulley!

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 02-15-2011 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #110
k.man
Leaky Injector

k.man is an unknown quantity at this point
loving the color, good job dude.

I just noticed something..a bit too late haha but since you guys don't need a front license plate, have you thought about shaving off the mounting area on the front bumper. so you will get a nice smooth area going across..just a suggestion.

up here no body does it, and people who do it, they always get pulled over for not having it mounted on the bumper and sitting on top of the dash.

Last edited by k.man; 02-15-2011 at 08:00 PM..
k.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #111
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

2013, back from the dead.

So I got tired of keeping the thread updated and had Phlip take it down, (set to invisable), I kinda hated to do that considering how many actual Koukis there are. So here goes round 2.

I did the 5 speed swap, put in an ABS S14 vlsd with low miles, works great! Then she gave up the ghost at 202k miles, rod knock. I knew something like this was coming, I just knew it. The previous owner (as I'm the 2nd owner), didn't take care of this car and when I removed the valve cover it showed. Sludge in the head, baked on hard and thick. I'm surprised the car lasted this long with the thrashing I've put on it.

I hadn't initially planned on doing anything more than a stock rebuild, but then while looking for some ARP hardware I was contacted by another forum member that not only had the ARP hardware I was looking for, and also had a set of Wiseco pistons and Eagle rods, after working out a deal I nabbed these bad boys. The bottom end was already getting torn apart, why not add a little insurance to the bottom end? If you'll notice the rod on the far right (which is #1 on the install), it's been overheated from a spun bearing. . . when I got it I was told it was still useable and in spec. Adam convinced me to have it double checked by a machinist and I thank him for doing so. Turns out it was warped, but $20 later Hollis at HP Engines had it back in shape! While I was there I had to look around. . .

The Plymoth Duster isn't really one of my favorite muscle cars, but this one looked great!

You'll notice a Honda B series on a dolly, Hollis does machine work on everything. I'm pretty sure I saw a Toyota R22, a Honda H22, plenty of big blocks, small blocks, and even a diesel engine. Hollis had a lot going on, and I made sure to thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to fix my connecting rod. Hollis also did all the machine work and assembly on my SR20 that's in my S13, on the dyno alone that thing has taken a beating in 112 degree heat. After hanging out for a little while it was time to get to work, Adam jumped right on assembling the bottom end with my newly refinished connecting rod. Before it goes in the car the block is going to be painted black to look stock again. Adam is busy trying to convince me to paint it Chevy orange but this isn't a fan boi, attention whore, mommy and daddy didn't show me enough attention, car. This is an occaional daily that I plan on tracking at V.I.R. in HPDEs and auto-x from time to time. We're not getting crazy with the rebuild (yet). While home for the weekend I also got the chance to take out a few skeet, skeet.

And also got a chance to meet the newest addition to the family! My sisters new puppy Kelsie
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #112
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
funny i bought my Zenki in Columbia for 1100
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #113
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

What was supposed to be a Friday and Saturday ordeal turned into a 25 hour push to get it as close to back on the road as possible. Here's now far I got.

Since the block had been cleaned at HP Engines (the HP stands for the owners name, Hollis page), it was bare metal in places and had minor surface rust. Nothing a wire brush and high temp semi-gloss black couldn't fix. Adam having a wood stove in the shop helped the paint dry.

While the paint was drying by the heater, Adam needed a hand picking up an LS1 at HP Engines, so we went and picked up this beauty, all you'll notice on the outside is the after market heads and ARP hardware. This thing is def hiding some dirty secrets.

While we were at HP Engines I got a sneak peek at my cylinder head torn apart, Hollis mentioned he would have it done before the end of the day, perfect!

After getting back to the shop I pulled the intake manifold off, then started stripping the block that was in my car to transfer the needed parts over to the engine on the stand. As much of a pain in the ass as it was, I took every part, piece by piece, that came off of my old block and put it thru the parts washer. Each bolt, nut, bracket, etc, was cleaned before going on the new block.

Hollis finished up the head, so we made another trip back to his shop to pick it up! It's amazing how clean this thing is now, before cleaning it had 200k miles of sludge build up in it. I can only assume the previous owner didn't take good care of it and IF he changed the oil was using cheap regular oil and not synthetic. Now it's a clean slate! Staring at mile 0!

While I was busy working Adam asks for a hand dropping the rear sub-frame assembly (which houses the trans and axle assembly) along with the torque tube on a customers C5 Corvette, I wish I could tell you more about this car but it's a grudge match car and I'm not even allowed to snap a picture of the car itself. . .

With that out, back to the S14. ..

A little later I got Adam to return the favor and man the engine hoist as we pulled the block out, I left the A/C compressor and p/s pump in the car, work smarter, not harder!

With the engine out of the car now it was time to finish up the engine on the stand, this was about 2 a.m., I had been up since 5:30 a.m., things were starting to slow down due to lack of energy. Adam got the timing chains on, and a few other things knocked out while I replaced the pcv valve and cleaned out the aluminum housing the pcv valve screws into, that housing was full of crap, but is clean as a whistle now!

Around 5:30 a.m Saturday morning we had the engine back in, surprisingly we didn't have to fuss with the engine too much to get it in and the input shaft from the trans into the clutch disc.

And that's where we called it a night, it was almost 6 a.m., I was falling asleep on the creeper under the car while trying to bolt the trans back on. . . productivity had slowed to a halt.

More to come.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #114
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I removed all the egr bullshit and installed a block off plate, which explains the check engine light. Glad to have her back on the road! Nistune is on it's way now, not really pushing her too hard till I get her dialed in.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #115
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Here I am all excited that the S14 is back on the road and making plans to get the front bumper painted once I get a lip to slap on it,

and the alternator dies. . . had it towed home only to find one of the wires going to the plug on the alternator was cut, odd.

After getting that fixed it was back on the road!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #116
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Ditched the Q45 calipers and rotors in favor of the Wilwood Superlite 4 pistons and Z33 track discs, this set up feels great!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #117
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Isn't that bumper gonna be tough to match.... Since it was not a stock color?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #118
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
Isn't that bumper gonna be tough to match.... Since it was not a stock color?
Well it isn't the stock color on this car, but it is a General Motors stock color, so it shouldn't be hard. The only thing I'm worried about is that the car was green originally and that may prove a worse match since this charcoal color has green under it

Although I've been toying with the idea of re-spraying it in bright silver. . .
Old 09-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #119
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
welcome to brake dust hell my friend.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #120
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I've already cleaned them once since installing, Purple Power really loosens the brake dust up.