Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
DriFTech
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DriFTech is making a name for him/her selfDriFTech is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DriFTech
R32 GT-R - Info on how you can finance it.

Made this quick vid and want to share this info for anyone interested in buying a R32 GT-R and looking to figure out how to finance it. Definitely worth a watch. Like, share and subscribe! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/-y6rKlmYbsg
DriFTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
I never understood why people finance a 25 year old 20k-30k car, always seemed like a pretty poor financial decision to me.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Anything for the ‘gram, +1 for your channel. YouTube channel hustle is hard
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #4
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Call me crazy but I’m not much of an R chassis guy. I can completely understand their status and appreciate the builds but just never grew fond of it. With those prices too, one would have to fall in my lap practically for me to get one. They will start flooding here soon I believe, I already see a ton here in California.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:44 AM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
........They will start flooding here soon I believe, I already see a ton here in California.
People have been saying that for a few years now, however than hasn't stop prices from inflating at a fairly steady rate.

A proper stateside R32 is easily $30+K at this point. A reasonable one is still $25K

R33 is the red headed step child (which I much prefer). They can be had for 15-20K USD worldwide

The R34 has attained and surpassed "Uber" status as they are circulating for $40+ K world wide for a bog standard white/silver 1999 with high KMs.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #6
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Great points, when I said flood I didn’t mean prices drop. I just meant as we get closer to the 25 year rule as each year goes by more and more will come. I don’t see a drop in pricing for these cars ever. Not when our S chassis are going for $5k+ for a cllean stock body with light mods. Other vehicles of these years even more, FD’s rolling shells for almost $10k. Just the other day saw a guy listed a 94 NSX with rims and some interior mods for $60k....crazy.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
I am privy to one in the parking lot adjacent to my work place every single day. And I am pretty sure the guy works @ Starbucks and/or Whole Foods
Old 11-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
EnnEssEnnKAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
EnnEssEnnKAT can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
I never understood why people finance a 25 year old 20k-30k car, always seemed like a pretty poor financial decision to me.
It's because you can use your cash for things that will pay a better return and outweigh and pay your costs of loan interest
EnnEssEnnKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Although in practice that sounds like a terrible life decision and I agree with your statement, there are few exceptions. The R32 GTR is one exception as prices will continue to increase as more fan bois have access to more discretionary funds.

In addition, as mentioned above, one can move the equity in to a market with a higher ROI. Fairly close to a Win win.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #10
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Theres an importing company (wont say who) that has said in the past that alot of people finance them too.

Horrible decision on the buyer but hey as long as the importing company makes their money thats on the buyer on how they wanna pay for it.

But RalliArt has a point... R32 GTRs will always hold their value if not will increase.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:39 AM   #11
DriFTech
Leaky Injector

DriFTech is making a name for him/her selfDriFTech is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to DriFTech
Quote:
Please explain.

I was fortunate enough to have the means to pay cash for my R32 but not everyone can pay cash for this vehicle or any other vehicle for that matter, regardless, the difference is that I would consider this an appreciating asset versus a depreciating asset and no other vehicle in it's class has stated book values that compares to it - not the Supra, NSX, FD RX-7's, 240sx, AE86's, etc. I would also consider this a collector vehicle so I rather invest in a collector vehicle rather than a non-collector. I understand the interest you may end up paying if you end up financing, but I think the appreciation outweighs the interest charges overall.

All of the above mentioned vehicles as an example have 'street value' but its street value doesn't compare to its actual book value, so for car enthusiasts, they're worth it, and for the banks they're not. Obviously, these two values are very different - street value is what someone is willing to pay and book value is your collateral. If anyone could, take advantage of both.

All in all, I don't want to be that guy that wish I would've bought one 20 years ago and come to see it's worth a ton. There are a lot of things out there that we all wish we would've jumped in on but didn't, and I could be completely wrong about it but hey, at least I own a car that I've always dreamed of owning, so personally, it's a win-win.

Btw, this is by no means an argument but just simply stating my own personal opinion. Have a great day!
DriFTech is offline   Reply With Quote