Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:22 AM   #61
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
nice build man. Looking good
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 12:51 AM   #62
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The motor is pretty close to getting its first start. Just need to find a intercooler, make my piping, figure out a exhaust, and a few other small things.

Made my own throttle cable bracket. Original one was ugly and hit the hood when closing.

Decided to go with quality gaskets the first time around. Tomei and vibrant gaskets that will be on my Blitz down pipe. Not sure what test pipe this is but it looks well made.
And since this is a clean bay i did not want to cut corners with the FPR issues while using the greddy style intake. This is the Genuine Greddy FPR regulator swivel adaptor that i highly recommend.

I went and picked up a Diff for my newly acquired s14 for 40$. It was supposed to be a open diff but turned out to be a S14 VLSD which is perfect for the Silvia since it wont be drifted often. So im throwing it in.
Cleaned it up, swapped and sealed covers and filled it with fresh gear oil and additive. Feels nice and tight.

Here is my new distraction. Stock S14 with wrecked front end i paid 400$ for. Its auto but it runs and drives great im currently tubing the front end.

Driveway is now looking complete

Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:12 PM   #63
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Got started on the intercooler piping. I dont own a tig or have much practice with aluminum so i had a friend help me out with it.
Decided to place the hot pipe far off to the side so i can have easy access to everything in that area. These are just quick mock ups nothing is fully installed yet.

Instead of using a new shiny cheap front mount i decided to use this genuine Apex GT intercooler i had got for 20$ months ago.

Also picked up a new set of wheels. Work VS-SS that are 18x8 +50. Will need a re barrel on the rears to look right on this car. I paid 400$ and a set of modified knuckles ive been selling.

All brake lines and clutch line are going to be custom braided. So far i have made the clutch and the rear brake line. Ill be using this autozone slave because of the lift time warranty.

The rest of the exhaust is now done. For now im using generic 3" stainless piping with small resonator linked up to a genuine Kakimoto cannon.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:05 AM   #64
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
Where did you get the material to makes these? I want to build a custom clutch line for my RX7 build.
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:22 AM   #65
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMaR- View Post
Where did you get the material to makes these? I want to build a custom clutch line for my RX7 build.
A local shop here called Baker precision. Im sure you can find someone online that sells what you need. These are crimp on so would need access to a real crimp machine. I think the one they have here is hydraulic.
Or use A/N fittings but will be alot more costly.
These cost me a total of 30$ per the 2. So in total with all braided brake lines and clutch line i shouldn't be spending more than 70$ total while using A/N would probly be 150$+
Old 09-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #66
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

The rest of the brake lines are now on.
There wasnt much i could do with the intake due to being limited on space. I couldent even fit my HKS mushroom filter anywhere, so i opted for using one you can find at pep boys.

I modified the stock catch can to fit while using the tubular manifold. I had to cut the stock brackets off, rotate it, massage the back of it to clear the head, cut off the hose nipple and re weld it on another side, and make a tab to bolt to the valve cover.

Wasent going to settle with just any Bov. I got a new genuine Tial.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #67
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Interior is just thrown together quick in this pic for testing purposes.

I picked up these skirts a while ago. There not yet mounted but this is how they will look.

The car is now running and driving! Put on the first 30 miles and for the most part it drives great.
Behind me is my friends 1JZ coupe he just got done with as well. Full rebuild on it also.

I have a few kinks to work out. It drives smooth but the boost doesn't pull even tho it is building. The rpm does not work and the Bov opens very easily and might need a stiffer spring. Nothing that cannot be fixed.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #68
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Where do you cut the hood hinges to have your hood go up like that?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #69
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
looks good playa. what color you going with?
Old 09-16-2016, 04:34 PM   #70
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
great build, looks great. reminds me allot of my old S13.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:22 PM   #71
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Where do you cut the hood hinges to have your hood go up like that?
Hard to explain without a picture but if you open the hood you will see exaclty where the stopper is on the hinge you just cut the little corner off. Thats it.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #72
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
looks good playa. what color you going with?
Absolutely no idea yet. Paint wont happen for a while so i have plenty of time to decide.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #73
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Really cool build. Jealous that you get to own and work on multiple S chassis cars. Keep it up!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #74
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

My first guess to why the motor wasn't boosting like it should was pointing at the fuel pump since it was abnormally loud. When i pulled it, it was obvious. I drained the gas tank before starting the car for the first time so im assuming this was old fuel stuck to the walls of the tank and the sloshing around of the new fuel is washing it off.
I through a new sock filter on and the pump is now quieter and boost feels much better. Might get clogged again the same way until the tank is cleaner but i will deal with it.

Ive now put around 90 miles on it and havent ran into any other problems. Drives very smooth.

One of the next things im fixing is the alignment of the front end as you can see the RH side sags low and there are gaps on the hood area. Ill be making a basic bash bar for it.

I have absolutely no misfires but the car likes to back fire on very slow decel. (slowing down in gear to a stop) Sometimes small in pipe flames and sometimes for feet like this. I'm assuming its just leaning out to clean out but i don't have a wide band right now to see.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:39 PM   #75
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

I haven't had to much time to focus on the silvia in the last few months due to other projects.
First got my Work VSSS re-lipped. Fronts are now 18x9.5 with 4" lips and rears are 18x11 with 5.5" lips. With the recently acquired tyre sponsor Zestino I had to get them wrapped up in them !
I decided they will look better on my hatch so ill be looking for a different set for the silvia.

My 23 year old mig welder has been having problems and is on its way out so i decided to instead buy a Tig machine and to do that i rebuilt a SR i had lying around to fund the welder. Im still new to tig and have alot to learn

Finnally got around to getting the hood release/gas lid lever on the RH side. i did not have the correct bracket for this so i used the LHD one, flipped it, cut it, made a couple spacers, bolted the lever to it then welded that bracket to the chassis since this side of the chassis does not have threaded holes for the bracket and sheet metal is to thin in my opinion to tap.

A couple friends and I had our first track day at Grange Motor Circuit and i wasn't able to get my hatch out there due to not having a trailer. I was able to drive my friends SR hatch and had a incredible time. First thing i did when we got back was design a trailer to build.
Engineered to slide gave me the idea i based my design around after talking with him he gave me alot of pointers, very helpful guy. Very light weight and low trailer. Im using the same design of a drop knuckle as his just not as low. These knuckles use the hubs from a 240sx rear. As you can see i even through on a set of "type x" wheels !

First had to make my own hitch for my 4runner. (stock one is very low and ugly)

Couple currents.

Made a batch of STG! shirts and hoodies. Strictly non profit among friends shouts to $$G!.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #76
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Anyone still interested in viewing the progress ? It’s came along way in the past year. Dead photobucket links unmotivated me to updating.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:09 AM   #77
JimmBooost
Leaky Injector

JimmBooost is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
Anyone still interested in viewing the progress ? It’s came along way in the past year. Dead photobucket links unmotivated me to updating.

Post them up!! It’s always nice to see progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2018, 01:17 AM   #78
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
yes Id like to see more.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #79
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yo for sure.

Also, I have the plug-in for chrome, so I can see all your photos.
-Use imgur next time.

Holla if you want some full clear tails for this thing. Got a few pairs left.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #80
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Yeah I'd like to see more. Looks like a lot of good stuff going on here. Has that OEM catch can melted yet? If not I'm surprised haha. Also seems like going speed density would really help out your intake situation on the silvia haha.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #81
sparkyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sparkyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
same here!
Old 11-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #82
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Yeah I'd like to see more. Looks like a lot of good stuff going on here. Has that OEM catch can melted yet? If not I'm surprised haha. Also seems like going speed density would really help out your intake situation on the silvia haha.
Its actually held up great without any problems although i dont drive he car much at all haha.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #83
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Oh man where do I start... a lot has happened over the past year since updating this post both for the Silvia and personally.

Here’s one thing that hasn’t really changed much. My hatch. It’s been seeing a few track days when I can with only a few upgrades.
The Ls is on its second rebuild, low oil pressure lead to a spun cam bearing at the last run of the day at grange. When rebuilding a thru in a mild cam and got a flash tune. Running and performing better than ever now but will actually be swapping in a 2JZ soon.

I’ve started my own “shop” out of my backyard called DEFWORX! Check it out on instagram and Facebook !
Specializing in angle kits, tube fronts, bash bars, cages, every other thing you’ve seen on this thread and more.
Here’s some of my work

Old 11-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #84
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

CrimsonRockets s15 came in for door bars added to his cage

Old 11-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #85
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal's Proper Silvia Conversion Build

So back to the Silvia ...
The pictures will do most of the talking for me. Here’s how it sat for a while
As you can see the doors changed. Crimsonrocket came thru with complete jdm Silvia doors from a car he was parting out. Lucky enough he had all the matching locks including the ignition, trunk, and glovebox which is extremely nice.

Picked up a set of VSKF and Re lipped them to a similar spec. 18x9.5 and 18x11
I really wanted to use oem metal front fenders but that obviously wasn’t going to work. The rears didn’t take much work since I had already pulled the fenders considerably.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #86
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Got around to making the front and rear bash bars before paint. I’ve been hoarding these frp 40mm fenders for quite some time and decided to repair them and use them
The rest of the kit needed tons of work to the point I should have just bought new panels but decided to save some money since I know how to repair them.
Everything is duraflex. Took some time getting everything to line up and fit the way it needed to be of course but came out great.

Initially I was 100% certain I wanted to match my hatch with the 326 power wing but ultimately decided against it. Just didn’t flow well enough without rear over fenders in my opinion.
My 2nd choice was the s14 Kouki wing. Can’t go wrong with that. I’ve never tried to be different or out of the box with this car just simple and clean.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #87
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

I came up with a simple yet intuitive way of mounting the headlights. Often times the tabs on fiberglass fenders snap off and this is a solution. I offer them for 45$ shipped if anyone’s interested.
Unbolt your fender without having to take your headlights off.

To be a “proper” Silvia you better be filling the side markers as they did not come with them. I went ahead and filled the antenna hole as well.

Next is body work and lots of it but I’ll just forward to prime. Luckily enough I was able to use a neighbors garage to do my painting in this time. Upgrade over painting outdoors under a canopy like i did with the hatch.

And here’s where the transformation of this car finally started to visibly show
After going back and forth between a red or a blue I decided with Fiji blue and very happy I did.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #88
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

I got busy with work and let the paint cure up for about 2 weeks before I started wet sanding and buffing the entire car panel by panel.
At this point in the build you can’t stop looking at what all your hard work has finally come to be. Reassembly is always a fun part.
I went with led tail lights from eBay. Love the look and cleanliness of them and they are very bright.
“SILVIA” raised decal done by LMCDECALS. Something I can offer for sale to you guys if interested.

As I was putting the interior back together I decided to suede wrap the headliner

After completing all the sanding and buffing the car just sat looking pretty for about a month
I don’t think I mentioned before but I built a new canopy from scratch during the middle of all this.

Little 4th of July burnout
Decals and license plate vanity by LMCDECALS

Old 11-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #89
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Finally after a couple months I was able to get a photo shoot. For the first time I was looking at the car outside of a driveway. Standing back and looking at the finished car was personally overwhelming.

That is how the car will sit for who knows how long again.
Interior still needs to be finished up that will be next. I have r33 brakes I will be powdercoating and installing up front.
I bought another coupe to flip and it had these half and half signals on it. Immediately knew those were going on my Silvia.

The car spends its life either sitting in the driveway, on the trailer, or in the neighbors garage. I’ve put a whopping 80 KM on the motor so far. I soon hope to have it shown in local shows or booths at events. Also hopping for a feature with superstreet ...

Went ahead and bought a new truck for towing these cars around. 01 dodge Cummins. Basically a oversized and diesel JZ I always say.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #90
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Turned out awesome!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote