Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #61
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
did u say alum? for brake line? i hope this isnt too late to change, better doing that in cunifer tubing. i dont think the alum tubing will last long in terms of corrosion resistance

as for the extra wire, just cut the excess slack and resolder/shrink tube. 1 wire at a time. you might need another order of papa johns tho :-)
Pretty sure he was referencing his fuel lines when he said that.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #62
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
did u say alum? for brake line? i hope this isnt too late to change, better doing that in cunifer tubing. i dont think the alum tubing will last long in terms of corrosion resistance

as for the extra wire, just cut the excess slack and resolder/shrink tube. 1 wire at a time. you might need another order of papa johns tho :-)
Hey Mike I was referring to the Fuel lines haha I wouldn't make aluminum brake lines haha. I thought about that but the logical part of me won't let me invest THAT much time into this old harness simply because I'm about a year or so I'll be upgrading to a standalone EMS. Building a nice harness from scratch for that would be time better spent rather than cutting and soldering one wire at a time haha fuck that would take so damn long.

The car runs, I drove it Monday at like 1:30am if weather permits I'll have some nice pictures this weekend. I should have some Dyno videos and action shots within the month.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:36 AM   #63
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
She runs and drives, I need to calibrate my speedo, otherwise just need to get my New bumper & side skirts painted. And install a shorter final drive. This
Whole 3.53 final is ideal for a 600hp 2JZ not a 250hp SR. The Tomei exhaust sounds damn amazing at WOT and the throttle response from my entire setup is crisp I love it. Once I have the 4.083 I'm sure the car will be even more fun to drive. The 6 speed feels really good, clutch is extremely noisy but super drive able I have absolutely no complaints I'm happy she's on the road. Will get action shots from the next track day. Going to take it to work and align it tomorrow.

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:38 AM..
Old 02-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #64
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Faster then I expected =p
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #65
2jz_240
Leaky Injector

2jz_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
2jz all the way.. Good choice..
2jz_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #66
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jz_240 View Post
2jz all the way.. Good choice..

florida
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #67
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:

florida
hahahahahah oh man. that was good.

Review Thread
Old 04-10-2016, 09:21 PM   #68
bardabe
Post Whore!

So I took the car to work this week,

And installed this bumper, Dyno action coming in the next 2 weeks or so.

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:40 AM..
Old 04-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #69
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Wait you work at Fontana Nissan? I've been going there for years
Old 04-12-2016, 12:31 AM   #70
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Wait you work at Fontana Nissan? I've been going there for years
haha yeah, I work there with Scott, Chris, Cody, Ernie & Gio.

Review Thread
Old 04-12-2016, 01:44 AM   #71
future
Post Whore!

Tell your parts guys to actually give good deals and you guys would see me more

Z1 sells shit cheaper shipped then I can pick it up locally......and they are on the other side of the country

Anyway next time I'm in I'll see if "the guy with the Sr swapped Z32 is in"

Lastly. I thought Scott got fired?
Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 PM   #72
bardabe
Post Whore!

Z1 sells grey market and after market shit. OEM parts cost more than permatex, nabco remans, reybestos & Nissan repackaged Third world country junk. You are comparing apples to oranges, but chances are my deal won't be any different than Scott or Cody's. we don't step on eachothers toes. If you ware just walking in and talking to the front counter guy well good luck with his ridiculous ass pricing as we won't step on their toes either it's workplace courtesy. Your best bet at a good deal is to walk in and ask for a race shop rep before asking for parts.

& for the record Scott never got fired.

Review Thread
Old 04-13-2016, 12:16 AM   #73
future
Post Whore!

That's what that guy jaun told me lol

And I wish I could go in and feel alright with what I spend but they just like to rape you so I'm sure they end up loosing out on sales
Old 04-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #74
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
That's what that guy jaun told me lol

And I wish I could go in and feel alright with what I spend but they just like to rape you so I'm sure they end up loosing out on sales
I'm not sure what kind of deal you are looking for on real OEM parts, I've quoted you entry level wholesale price in the past as a one fellow Z32 owner to another. Anyway we will be here when you need OE, JDM or after market parts,

-Juan

P.S. Scott says Hello.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #75
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
great taste. Black 300 with gold RG. Wish my car was black
Old 04-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #76
future
Post Whore!

Wait I just read that over. Z1 sales fake Nissan parts?
Old 04-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #77
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Take this elsewhere or to Pms......... Lets not mess up a perfectly good Build thread with other issues. If you have no realized, Barbabe does NOT set the prices, so he should not be held accountable (or needs to be singled out because of where he works). If you have an issue, take it up with Nissan..........
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #78
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Obviously your reading comprehension is as bad as your grammar.

...cool build
Old 04-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #79

51580 is an unknown quantity at this point
Never seen such a thing. Sr20 z32. I like it man be different, keep us updated on getting that 2j in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
51580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #80
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51580 View Post
Never seen such a thing. Sr20 z32. I like it man be different, keep us updated on getting that 2j in

lmao. I don't think that's happening anymore...
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #81

51580 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
lmao. I don't think that's happening anymore...
Whhhat

51580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #82
bardabe
Post Whore!

Sooo since HKS Speed Ring is coming up, OIL COOLER!
Deralle 25 Row Core
Phenix Industries Fittings
Phenix Industries Line
Greddy Thermostatic Plate

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:45 AM..
Old 08-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #83
Silviastunter
Leaky Injector

Silviastunter is an unknown quantity at this point
hot damm that sr looks good in there
Silviastunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #84
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Looking good Juan! I used my first post in a long time to comment on your thread lol.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:49 PM   #85
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man this thing looks GREAT!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:03 PM   #86
MattTenFour

Trader Rating: (1)
MattTenFour is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gorgeous build! I'm in the process of swapping a CD009 into my SR powered S13. Do you have any idea what the weight savings are between the SR and the VG30DETT? With so many N/A Z32s available around my area I've always considered this swap.
MattTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #87
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Man this thing looks GREAT!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawandrifter87 View Post
Looking good Juan! I used my first post in a long time to comment on your thread lol.
haha thanks man, hope to see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTenFour View Post
Gorgeous build! I'm in the process of swapping a CD009 into my SR powered S13. Do you have any idea what the weight savings are between the SR and the VG30DETT? With so many N/A Z32s available around my area I've always considered this swap.
i haven't put my car on scales yet, but it should be at least 400lbs. it sure feels like it.

I competed this past weekend at the HKS Speed Ring, here are some action shots.

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 12:50 AM..
Old 08-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #88
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Car looks great!

I wanted to make it out there but didn't have time to finish my car.

what tires/brake pads are you running?
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #89
danbarnett123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
danbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Awesome. Had no idea sr swap was so popular.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #90
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
Car looks great!

I wanted to make it out there but didn't have time to finish my car.

what tires/brake pads are you running?
Thanks dude! I'm using Zestino Gredge07RS 265/35R18's tires are awesome I'm actually working on a review. Brakes I'm using BNR34 brembos with DBA rotors and Endless MXRS pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbarnett123 View Post
Awesome. Had no idea sr swap was so popular.
It's not haha I think the amount of Z32's with running driving SR's is still in the single digits.

Review Thread