Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
RB SoCal engine builders?

Hey i've got a RB25 that i want rebuilt before i swap it but i can't get a hold of the guy that was originally going to rebuild it for me. Can someone recommend an engine builder in the Los Angeles area? I just want it rebuilt and cleaned up and maybe swap in some forged internals so i don't have to take the bottom end apart when i want to switch the turbo and add more boost later on down the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
MannylovesLian
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
MannylovesLian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
go to driftspeed in Los Alamitos.

605 and the 405.

here is the number. 1562-342-9000

MannylovesLian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
awesome thanks
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Shadowerks is now your one stop shop

we do FULL ENGINE building now too

VERY REASONABLE

seriously cheap and you get insane quality of work - Mike Kondo is the one who builds all engines for Shadowerks and we have built several motors for customers now

Our prices are about HALF the cost of the other local shops and I guarantee you will get better quality of work than any other shop in the LA area.

All machining is performed by Port Flow former employees and all building is done in house at Mike Kondo's Porsche / Audi tuning shop location in Mission Viejo California.

ON TOP OF THAT! if you get your engine built by Mike I will include a substantial discount for your dyno tuning session so you can have 100% done in house.

Thank you!

Call Mike at CRM, -

949 939 5549
Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Plus one for calling Mike. I got some work done there last week and Mike is a prefectionist.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Thanks Griff, lmk if you end up getting the actuator and want to do another power pull just to see if the higher boost hits the target (265-275) I would predict it would

either way we will be here for a bigger upgrade as well.